Liberators too strong? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's good to be the king.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-23, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Liberators too strong?

I don't even bother shooting AA at Liberators. Either they'll just retaliate by bombing me, or they'll coast off to repair, return in a few minutes, and then bomb me.

I save my G2A missiles for ESF as I've actually shot 1 or two down before and they actually fly away when locked.

I'd like to know my ratio of ESF kills to the number of G2A missiles I've fired. It'd be a depressing figure, I'm sure.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-12-23 at 06:13 PM.
Old 2012-12-24, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
boogy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
If skyguards or buster maxes was the only option to stop Libirators I would agree with you. But as that is not the case your argument is mute.

Besides... Air is the best counter to air have been sad by higby 100 times way can't we just accept that and move on? Or is it that every one here suck at piloting so they need to lobby forward buffing AA?
Originally Posted by Fear The Amish View Post
do you realize how outragious that statement is? the counter for X is X or something that can't even get its turret high enough to shoot X
The solution of countering air with air and tank is just proving the point that this game is no longer a first person shooter, but a vehicle game.
Furthermore, winning airspace with air, just means it's the other sides turn to get air spammed and farmed. There will always be one sides infantry that's being farmed and not having fun.

Last edited by boogy; 2012-12-24 at 12:45 AM.
Old 2012-12-24, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
AThreatToYou
Major

I think the real problem is MAX units can't effectively deal with liberators at all.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

yeah i just kinda said fuck it last few nights and threw our platoon all in libs... not very fun but farmed alot of kills.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea liberators went from being slightly useful in beta to just being extremely OP in release.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-12-24, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yea liberators went from being slightly useful in beta to just being extremely OP in release.
i know hamma... i was just showing off my cool new decal on my Gal and you just haaaaddd to zephyr my ass.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Liberators themselves are fine. You are talking about Liberators with Daltons and Zephyrs mounted.

Shredder doesn't make it OP. If Liberator main body gets a nerf the only thing that was fun for me to do will go. So think carefully what is really OP.

And, hell I wasted good amount of time and effort to get myself proper lib certs. If it gets nerfed now, for no reason, I'm friggin' suing you all. It is obviously a joke, but nevertheless, start seeing the global picture already. You don't nerf lightning armor, because Skyguard weapon is OP, correct?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-12-24 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Liberators themselves are fine. You are talking about Liberators with Daltons and Zephyrs mounted.

Shredder doesn't make it OP. If Liberator main body gets a nerf the only thing that was fun for me to do will go. So think carefully what is really OP.

And, hell I wasted good amount of time and effort to get myself proper lib certs. If it gets nerfed now, for no reason, I'm friggin' suing you all. It is obviously a joke, but nevertheless, start seeing the global picture already. You don't nerf lightning armor, because Skyguard weapon is OP, correct?
of course not because skygaurd is crud and needs a buff. You have to remember you base nerf/buffs NOT on somethings basic layout but what it will eventually become.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

of course not because skygaurd is crud and needs a buff. You have to remember you base nerf/buffs NOT on somethings basic layout but what it will eventually become.
Something I said on the official forums quite a while ago:

Originally Posted by NewSith

Lib is awesome right now, it totally feels like a BF3 chopper, that I so much like to fly, when used with Shredder.

Actual Concern:

It would seem that the Lib balance has gotten to the point where we actually have 2 Liberators (mostly due to certifications and vehicle enhancements):
  • A Bomber that goes deep into the sky and Dalton's the **** out of people.
  • A BF Helicopter-like vehicle (Libercopter) where you generally stay at mid-altitude and always move around Shreddering people.

The concern is that if you do changes to one type of Liberator, the other one suffers. Actually there is a chain of balance between them, with Libercopter being inferior and Bomber Lib being superior. If you make Libercopter balanced you get an OP Bomber. If you balance the bomber, you get an UP Libercopter.

I urge devs to bear that in mind if they ever decide to do changes to the core Liberator (as in its armor stats, etc), they should also reevaluate the weapons.

On a note totally unrelated - A30 Walker Tailgun is a plain downgrade atm.

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Dragonskin
Major

Dual burster maxs are under rated it seems. Really interested to know what servers you are on where dual burster maxs don't create no-fly zones all the time.

On Mattherson a lot of people have dual burster maxs. I don't care how good you are.. on nights with lots of maxs out you either don't go to heavy contested areas or you don't fly because eventually you will fly over some area with 2 maxs that all of a sudden eat you. Maxs are rarely ever alone.. if there is one there is usually more somewhere close by with engies feeding them ammo like candy for easy certs.

Skyguards might need a buff, but honestly even if they were buffed I doubt people will use them over the current dual burster maxs. Hell I purposely bought the left arm this weekend because they are so easy to kill with... didn't touch the skyguard turret.. no reason to buy it unless maxs become useless.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

2 maxs are lunch to a dalton lib most max's just don't fire remember we are talking about armada's of 6-8 libs.... so you need 16-20 maxs to stop that.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

2 maxs are lunch to a dalton lib most max's just don't fire remember we are talking about armada's of 6-8 libs.... so you need 16-20 maxs to stop that.
IMO, they may aswell just remove Dalton and Zepphyr.

Or better - they can make it a Galaxy sidegrade (mounted on a side) and Liberator should get AP, HEAT and HE Shredder instead, with latter having reduced accuracy at long range.

Old 2012-12-24, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dragonskin
Major

Sorry, maybe I just picked the right server because it's fairly rare that air is overpowering ground on Mattherson. I see clusters of maxs all the time. Ground totally helps to push the air out.. it's not just a deterant.

Hell last night we actually did a lib event on Esamir. We got a lot of kills sure, but we were far from OP devastating. Eventually we were pushed back to the warpgate by ground forces working with their air. We were pushed back mostly because we didn't have ground forces to help protect our air like NC had. Of course on my server we have The Enclave and Goons so you have 2 massive forces always assaulting you all the time. Maybe if the servers were more balanced like Mattherson you guys would see better fights.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
We got a lot of kills sure, but we were far from OP devastating.

No one ever thinks they are overpowered - "Ya we killed a bunch more people than we lost but they didnt count."
Old 2012-12-24, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
No one ever thinks they are overpowered - "Ya we killed a bunch more people than we lost but they didnt count."
Yes, and it is easy to say on the other side "I saw it killing 3 of my guys and then it flew away when I hit it! It's OP!" regardless of this very thing taken out of the sky before it could land to repair.

But anyway, the whole artillery from the sky thing on a Lib is broken, I think everyone knows that, otherwise, Sony wouldn't have so much income from Dalton and Zephyr sales.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-12-24 at 11:37 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion