Trayvon Martin - Page 32 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST LET THE THREAD DIE, MAN!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-26, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #466
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


I hate to break it to you guys (maybe you're not white, I have no way of knowing) but being white is awesome. It's way better than the alternatives, at least when it comes to ease of living.

Being a while MALE is like being dealt three aces. Being born a white male who lives in America is pretty much a winning hand. I mean it does get better... a RICH white male American, for instance... but it's certainly very rare.

It's okay to admit it. It doesn't make you racist. I find a lot of sorta-racist white people have a hard time admitting it, because they feel like it will out them as racists. Don't worry, it won't. All that other ignorant stuff you say about minority differences makes you racist; admitting that being white grants you advantages doesn't. It's safe. Trust me.
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #467
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


If it ever gave me an advantage, I never knew about it. But I can point out a dozen plus incidents where it has hurt me.
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #468
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant
 
The Desert Fox's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Don't worry everyone, Trayvon has been avenged!
I have never been so not surprised in my entire life.
__________________
"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine"-Russian Document
"The reason that the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices chaos on a daily basis"-German Field General
"If we don't know what were doing, then the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions!"-American Soldier
The Desert Fox is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #469
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
If it ever gave me an advantage, I never knew about it. But I can point out a dozen plus incidents where it has hurt me.
Go on, have fun. I'm sure there's one or two in here that you might recognize as having come out of your own face.

I know I did!

For the benefit of this discussion, my personal current favorite is "I have the privilege of not noticing my own privilege".
__________________
Guru

Last edited by ItsTheSheppy; 2012-04-26 at 12:55 PM.
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #470
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant
 
The Desert Fox's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Being white sucks dude, I wish I had my own Month/Channel/Music Award Show...
__________________
"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine"-Russian Document
"The reason that the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices chaos on a daily basis"-German Field General
"If we don't know what were doing, then the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions!"-American Soldier
The Desert Fox is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #471
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Being white sucks dude, I wish I had my own Month/Channel/Music Award Show...
We totally do. They're all those other months, and all those other award shows, and all those other channels. They're just not called white because, haha, I mean, come on, you know.

Wink.
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #472
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant
 
The Desert Fox's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
We totally do. They're all those other months, and all those other award shows, and all those other channels. They're just not called white because, haha, I mean, come on, you know.

Wink.
Because then then it would be racist lol. I mean could you imagine, there would be rioting in the streets if we had a channel actually called the White Entertainment channel.
__________________
"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine"-Russian Document
"The reason that the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices chaos on a daily basis"-German Field General
"If we don't know what were doing, then the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions!"-American Soldier
The Desert Fox is offline  
Old 2012-04-26, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #473
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Because then then it would be racist lol. I mean could you imagine, there would be rioting in the streets if we had a channel actually called the White Entertainment channel.
I'll be the first to say that I think it's a sad world that we need channel that identify as 'black' or 'hispanic' and provide content that appeals to those demographics. but that's because we're still a predominantly white country and look at the ratings; shows with white people, about white people issues with white heroes, trend higher. Because white people like watching movies and shows about white people.

Calling them "white" stations would make people mad because it's like... come on, what a dick move, right? It's like bragging "yeah, we only give a shit about white people, eat it minorities".
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-04-29, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #474
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major
 
BuzzCutPsycho's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


That white affirmative action is pretty sweet too!
__________________
BuzzCutPsycho is offline  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-29, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #475
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Meh.
__________________

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:00 AM.
Malorn is offline  
Old 2012-04-29, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #476
Vash02
Major
 
Vash02's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Doesn't help the racial divide when minorities segregate themselves.
It's only been 30-40 years since segregation was legally enforced. Cant expect that to be thrown off instantly for the majority.
Vash02 is offline  
Old 2012-04-29, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #477
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General
 
Baneblade's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
It's only been 30-40 years since segregation was legally enforced. Cant expect that to be thrown off instantly for the majority.
Why not? BW Racism is practically nonexistant in other countries that also had slavery. But in this one it isn't even lessening... in many ways it is worsening.
__________________
Post at me bro.

Baneblade is offline  
Old 2012-04-29, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #478
Vash02
Major
 
Vash02's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Why not? BW Racism is practically nonexistant in other countries that also had slavery. But in this one it isn't even lessening... in many ways it is worsening.
In Europe there was never much of a black slave market, plenty of shipping businesses trading overseas though. The majority of black people in Europe came in the 1970's when atitudes and ideas were more welcoming (at least among the younger generations).

In America, which is pretty much the only white majority nation to have had slavery, there has been this divide for century's and its going to take time to heal.
Vash02 is offline  
Old 2012-04-29, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #479
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator
 
Goku's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Why not? BW Racism is practically nonexistant in other countries that also had slavery. But in this one it isn't even lessening... in many ways it is worsening.
What is the racial demographic in your country? Unless you are American of course. Regardless if you are referencing European countries there the black population within those countries is a fraction of what it is here in the US.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-04-29 at 09:59 PM.
Goku is offline  
Old 2012-04-30, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #480
Natir
Sergeant
 
Natir's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
In Europe there was never much of a black slave market, plenty of shipping businesses trading overseas though. The majority of black people in Europe came in the 1970's when atitudes and ideas were more welcoming (at least among the younger generations).

In America, which is pretty much the only white majority nation to have had slavery, there has been this divide for century's and its going to take time to heal.
Slaves were not always black. Take a few history classes and you will learn that slaves were all sorts of colors throughout history.
__________________
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4793/natir.jpg
Natir is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.