ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Creating a disturbance since 2002
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
ruskyandrei
Private

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

The devs have already (repeatedly) confirmed that there will be no region blocking, so as far as I'm concerned i'll just keep using my SOE account (which says i'm from the US) and play in the EU when the servers open up
Old 2012-07-15, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
The companies never get cheated out of money... at least not legaly. It's the consumers that have to deal with that fact Not talking about SOE or Pro7 specificly now... that's just how it works generally. If one company doesn't stick to the deal, there's a law suit being filed faster than yesterdays hangover-squirts...
As the game is f2p then I'd say there would be money lost if the euro players decide not to play therefore no cash made in cash shop. I don't think I'd support SOE if pro7 mess this up. Why would I support a company that fobed me off to a company with an already bad reputation just cus I live over the water. We shall have to see if the make it good or the biggest cluster f#€k going lol.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
You put so much emphasis on "pay to Pro7", "their currency" and "their cash shop". Pro7 won't be actual owner of PS2 in Europe, that's just plain silly. You will support SOE by buying in EU cash shop - Pro7 will get a cut from that or they may as well be paid just for hosting and services.
Why then do additional work to make cash shop for additional currency? You pay Pro7 as you will buy from THEIR cash shop with THEIR currency and SOE get some cut from that.

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
I remember reading something that all the EU players accounts would be transferred to PSS1 (Station cash would be changed to whatever currency they use) and players would be able to access both sets of servers like they could in PS1, using one account.
If this was true why it couldnt be other way around? We keep our SOE accounts and play on EU servers with low ping? That could be acceptable. But they want us make another account and as thats additional work, and another possible source of problems, they dont do that for fun. There is some reason for that, for make additional problems with different accounts. Pro7 just want us to use their cash shop so they wont let play with SOE account.

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
EU veterans will be transferred to Pro7 although SOE has assured us there will be an opt-out choice before this takes place.
Oh i probably missed that. Source on opt-out option? I need to sign that now. I dont want to go under Pro7.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Vash02
Major

No.

Essentially yes. EU veterans will be transferred to Pro7 although SOE has assured us there will be an opt-out choice before this takes place.

One of the most common issues with EU 'licensees' and something Pro7 have a bad reputation for; is patching the game later and support being slower than the original developers. There are other customer service related issues with this particular company however I don't want to rehash those here out of respect to SOE and their partners. If any EU based player would like more info feel free to PM me and I'll provide the links I have for them to make an informed decision.
SOE is managing the European servers so patching isnt going to be a problem. Pro7 is doing the customer service/marketing only.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
IronMole
Sergeant Major

No.
Same old.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
sunzen
Private

The devs have already (repeatedly) confirmed that there will be no region blocking, so as far as I'm concerned i'll just keep using my SOE account (which says i'm from the US) and play in the EU when the servers open up
I have the same intention.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
So, EU players should make two accounts, one EU and one NA. If latency on NA account is acceptable: put money into that account, as it supports SOE directly. IF NA servers are unplayable, play EU but be careful with buying stuff from ProSiebenSat, because their customer service has a history of being bad.

Is that a good recap of the situation?

This is pretty much exaclty what people assume.
And Bullshit.

Folks, stop assuming things. You are misinformed greatly.

Wait, and see yourself. We had a dozenz of pages long thread about the whole matter, with lots of posts from Brolly and Radar, and we all came to the same conclusion in the end: Alaplaya has bad history, but Alaplaya has nothing to do with the SOE games. Nobody knows how this will play out until it actually plays out (DCUO is doing the switch first).

So CHill, wait, enjoy whatever you do and stop worrying yourself about stuff you know nothing about.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Fafnir
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Why then do additional work to make cash shop for additional currency? You pay Pro7 as you will buy from THEIR cash shop with THEIR currency and SOE get some cut from that.
Simply because EU players data will be stored in database hosted by Pro7.

There will be no Pro7 cash shop, they will just keep you account data, like your Station Cash.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Folks, stop assuming things. You are misinformed greatly.
And whose fault is that? They dont give us any solid information, only give us vague answers that leave many questions open.
As EU player used to be screwed by this deals everytime, so im assuming the same here. They still did nothing (and even didnt provide solid answers) to prove otherwise.
Till then im assuming things what my experience with this sort of deals taught me.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
SergeantNubins
Corporal

Times have changed and a large amount of the latency issues people experienced in past online fps games had more to do with poor netcode than latency. That said, of course 20 ping is better than 120 however there are ways of reducing your ping besides playing on your closest server should you be so inclined...
If it was a stable 120 then id not be quite so worried.. but stable 120 is a good day from the UK to atlantic based servers, it usually averages more like 140/150. The current pacific based servers for panetside get 190-250 .. thats bad even for an HPB. It's not quite so bad for planetside because its less twitch based than shooters like quake, or indeed BF, CS or COD etc etc. But PS2 will be very twitch based and that kinda difference in response time is the difference between getting the kill and getting killed. It can be very drustrating in ps1 now because in a close fight you dont know wether the other guy won because he wa sbetter, or because his pc registerred the killshot before mine could
Old 2012-07-15, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
etheral
Corporal

From what I remember of the old thread, there will definitely be some kind of opt-out ability because it is illegal under EU law to transfer customer information without their consent, so no-one has to worry about suddenly being transferred to pro7 against their will.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Haha if I ever seemed trustworthy I assure you it was an illusion, but yeah man that was me. I renamed to Dart (expecting people to spell Dartagnan while under fire was always a little optimistic) and that's how I'll be rolling in PS2. Look forward to seeing you in game!
All for one, and one for all!
Old 2012-07-15, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
SergeantNubins
Corporal

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
From what I remember of the old thread, there will definitely be some kind of opt-out ability because it is illegal under EU law to transfer customer information without their consent, so no-one has to worry about suddenly being transferred to pro7 against their will.

Hmm on the EQ2 prosieben FAQ, it says you can play on the US servers, but if you are in the EU, you MUST create an prosieben account in order to be able to do so. Maybe thats changed or is different from ps2, but i cant see why it would be.
Old 2012-07-15, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Wait and see what happens - until then everything else is speculation. SOE will protect EU and US players. They know outfits have friends from both sides of the pond. This has been discussed all before.

In any event, I'll have an account on every server available. Will more then likely spend money on all of them. Ping will not be a issue for anyone like it was back in 2003,04,05,06, if you are on cable, or DSL. In the old days ping could be 300 to 600. And yet we still played lol. So just wait and see how it is. We are very close. keep cool.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-07-15, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

I sincerely hope this Pro7 thing won't adveresely affect PLanetside 2 in any noticeable way. It sounds a bit ugly, but I have faith in the guys at SOE.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion