Regenerating Health?...Why? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Spread the Love! Like cheese on a cracker!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Re: Regenerating Health?...Why?

hmm i didn't even notice health reg when watching it live.

Now I gotta go watch my recording of it and look for that here in a few.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Crovus
Private

I'm pretty sure it was a slotted utility, so maybe you give up shield for it?

EDIT: Also only saw it on one class.

Last edited by Crovus; 2012-06-05 at 09:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
meiam
Corporal

So does that mean there are no medic kit in the field? That would be really lame.

Imo health regen is fine, but not full health regen, something like you're health will always return to mutiple of 25, so says you survive with 41 health left, wait 10 sec, it goes back to 50, but anything more than that you need medic/med kit.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Raymac
Brigadier General

Quick show of hands: Who here is silly enough to think the devs would make a medic class and then remove any need for medics?

Old 2012-06-05, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Quick show of hands: Who here is silly enough to think the devs would make a medic class and then remove any need for medics?
Old 2012-06-05, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
There are alternatives available here.
And I limited myself to explaining why no one used to complain about it in PS1.

The big factor is: does it involve a cost or specific trade-offs to enjoy that benefit ?

My perception is that it makes it a bit too easy to play solo with it. I think that when you got damaged, you should feel vulnerable being too isolated.

IMO, I believe they may have just put it in just because of Light Assault for the same reason they gave them ammo dispensers: medics/engineers cannot follow the light assault guys over walls/buildings.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Taru
Corporal

Worth mentioning again: there were a lot of abilities that are in the E3 build for the sake of demonstration ... a MAX unit flying a plane comes to mind ... that won't be in future builds.

If health regeneration was on for everyone (I didn't pay that close of attention), I would assume that it was so that they could showcase fighting over support roles.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
And I limited myself to explaining why no one used to complain about it in PS1.

The big factor is: does it involve a cost or specific trade-offs to enjoy that benefit ?

My perception is that it makes it a bit too easy to play solo with it. I think that when you got damaged, you should feel vulnerable being too isolated.

IMO, I believe they may have just put it in just because of Light Assault for the same reason they gave them ammo dispensers: medics/engineers cannot follow the light assault guys over walls/buildings.
It goes in one of your utility slots. It was a trade off in PS1, it's a trade off in PS2.

It's like people try to find stupid shit to whine about. Teamwork still comes out on top.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Zulthus
Colonel

If it's really in a utility slot, then I missed it. Sorry. Don't really care then, as long as they have to give something up for it. I just don't really want everyone having regenerating health.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It goes in one of your utility slots. It was a trade off in PS1, it's a trade off in PS2.

It's like people try to find stupid shit to whine about. Teamwork still comes out on top.
What about taking into consideration problems of asymmetric information before assuming people are trying to whine about any detail they get their hands on ?

Gameplay is not stupid shit either, that's why people are concerned when they cannot exactly know how something works.

Mainly discussing on forums until we get better info from beta hands-on...
Old 2012-06-05, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Kaw
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
If it's really in a utility slot, then I missed it. Sorry. Don't really care then, as long as they have to give something up for it. I just don't really want everyone having regenerating health.
First of all, let me say that I don't think that this is a utility slot. As I said earlier in this thread, Totalbiscuit had infantry health regen during his tour a few weeks ago as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HgC6Exs0U#t=4m05
We saw no sign of this being a cert or implant of some sort during his videos and that probably would have been the sort of thing he would mention. This also seems to be from before they were making changes for E3.

Secondly, I don't see what the problem with this is. Why don't you want people to have regenerating health? It only kicks in after literally 30 seconds of not being shot.(15 seconds for shields, 15 seconds for health) This means, in situations where you won a fight or you got really far away from a fight you were losing, you can go into your next fight without being worthless. Medics will still be needed because they drastically reduce your down time between fights. Thirty seconds is a very long time in any game.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
There was a health regenerating implant in the first Planetside, just mentioning it as an example. Granted, it was pretty shitty. I thought it could have been much stronger and still have been balanced and far inferior to having a medic around. Having everyone able to carry a medical applicator was a lot worse IMO.

I'm not worried about most of these things that can be easily balanced by tweaking a few stats around. I'm more concerned with the core ideas right now, and I feel like a health regeneration ability could be fine as long as it is well balanced.

Trade off of not having something else important, reasonably long delay before it kicks in, etc.

If a player wants to lone wolf it, let them. Planetside in its prime wasn't 100% pure team work. The zerg were the mindless backbone from which team players and outfits could mount their plans. As long as team play always comes out on top (which is usually does in most games), I'm fine with it.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-05 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Stew
Major

Slow health regeneration is necessery if every players dont have the ability to heal themself ! If they dont allow health regen so every class should have a Self injection healing thing with a cool down !

Because yeah for people who as BIG outfit and enough friends to play with this should not be a issue to actually have a medic to trow a Medic pack

But for people who have experiencing playing with randoms in battlefield series or the same type of games : WE ALL KNOW THATS MOST PEOPLE SEAMS TO BE COMPLEAT RETARD ON THE BATTLEFIELD ! How many people in here have try to get Amo out of a randoms Suport in battlefield or who have try to actually heal or get heal by randoms in Bf series ?

In planetside it will be the same so at least self injector or slow health regen is essential ! Shield regen just make sens compleatly !

I will like to see the (( we want to force team work )) guys to calm down because we are not going to have this game to survive if its to hard core and to much team work forced because the MAss of people needed to make this game viable will run away ! When you have to depend to much on randoms or on Massive outfit the game turn into a EPIC FAIL ! in term of $$ making !

thats pretty much it !
HERE IS A EPIC EXEMPLE OF A RANDOMS LOOK IF THIS GUYS WAS A MEDICS

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-05 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Crovus
Private

Originally Posted by Kaw View Post
First of all, let me say that I don't think that this is a utility slot. As I said earlier in this thread, Totalbiscuit had infantry health regen during his tour a few weeks ago as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HgC6Exs0U#t=4m05
We saw no sign of this being a cert or implant of some sort during his videos and that probably would have been the sort of thing he would mention. This also seems to be from before they were making changes for E3.
That's because TB was using admin commands to switch between classes. Just wait until tomorrow when we get the second stream (pay attention to utilities) or todays stream gets put on youtube.
Old 2012-06-05, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by meiam View Post
So does that mean there are no medic kit in the field? That would be really lame.

Imo health regen is fine, but not full health regen, something like you're health will always return to mutiple of 25, so says you survive with 41 health left, wait 10 sec, it goes back to 50, but anything more than that you need medic/med kit.

They've stated that med packs are one of the consumables along with grenades and boomers and the like.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion