How hard is it finding a good battle? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Silly Vanu, Killing is for Terrans
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-02, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Glaynor
Sergeant Major

How hard is it finding a good battle?

I stopped playing Planetside about two months ago because the repetitive battles became very boring. Well, last week I decided to give it a go and play again. This time I figured I'd make a TR character instead of using my NC, just for another change of pace.

Well, after logging on I spent most of my time looking for a decent battle since hot spots apparently are not being used any more. This happened most of the time over the next few days. I only found about two big battles.

When I used the "available slots" listing on the continents I discovered a zerg, either friendly or enemy. Still no good battle.

Is there any way to find a decent sized battle? Are they happening any more like they used to in beta and when the game was first released? I don't want to spend most of my time wandering around continents just looking for a fight. What's going on?
Old 2003-09-02, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Frozen-Monkey
Master Sergeant

first of all, markov is a good server and all but Emerald usualy has more players, second of all you may just be looking in the wrong places or at the wrong time, a good zerg on zerg battle usually happens once a month but when it does, youll be thankfull when it happens

<STFU> Frozen_Monkey
<Storm Troopers From Uranus>
Old 2003-09-02, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
PallarAndersVis
Private

i dont have a problem find any battles on emerald. except when im online at 10 am
Old 2003-09-02, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by unknown
dont go looking for a fight, let the fight come two you
just create a squad, and go 2 whatevercont u want and wait for the enemy to come to you
Old 2003-09-02, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Slice
Sergeant

ya gotta go to the popular continents if you dont feel like waiting; on Konried its usually cyssor these days
Old 2003-09-02, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mejwell
Sergeant

Myself, I gave up trying to learn how to find a decent battle a long time ago. Nowadays I just hook on to my commander and let HIM do the searching. Typically, if they're any good, they'll be able to find a nice hot combat one for you. Or, if they're really good, they'll MAKE one for you. Neat.
Old 2003-09-02, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

sometimes i can find an arranged battle, which usually is big and last for awhile, but when one of those isnt available i either instant action or hotdrop on a continent that me and my squad think can be stirred up.
Old 2003-09-03, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

dont foget ish there has been a of lot fighting on ish
Old 2003-09-03, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
RoboBlade
Private

If you're not in a decent outfit, it's tougher to find a good battle.

I used to go solo, until I joined Sturmgrenadier (on Emerald) and the difference for me was night and day.

Yesterday, we were on a continent (forget which one) and started capping TR bases. It took about 20 mins before TR started to show up in force and VS actually came to join the party. By the end of my time online, I was in 2 really good battles and a couple skirmishes. Also, it's not unusual for all 3 sides to show up...when I am online anyways (8pm-11pm EST).
Old 2003-09-03, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Yes, being in a decent outfit helps alot, you just ask your whole outfit where they at, and they will tell you, and there should be some action there!!
Old 2003-09-03, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

if no one in my outfit is on, I just hit Instant Action, but it only works half the time, since hotspots are hard to come by during non-peak hours. they need to tone down the requirement for a hotspot.
Old 2003-09-03, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Piith
Sergeant

it is mainly the time one plays.
I work nights, so my playing is during most to everyone's sleep time, I see no big battles if any, and no CR5's. there are (Im guessing) plenty on for a good battle, but all are scattered.
I am also sure that most are in 2-3 man size squads.
BUt the nights that I do not work, I always see good large battles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion