Hey there - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop living in your friends bathroom.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2012-07-11, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Hey there

Hey everyone, my name is Joe "Cry0sin" M. and I finally decided to write one of these.

I am a hardcore PC FPS junkie who has been playing FPS since the good ole days of wolfenstein 3D. I didn't actually own a computer back then, but I played it at various places when I could. The first shooting game I actually owned would be Goldeneye 64, which really kicked off shooting games for me.

At this point I have played multiple games at what a roughly semi-pro level. Never really competed at large events yet, but I have a few accomplishments I'm proud of.

I was a Gladiator Rank in World of Warcraft, I played Counter-Strike Source in the Cal-Main league and I also play StarCraft 2 at a Diamond level. Shooting games are more of my thing, but I love all styles of games really. Anything that is action packed and gets you going is something I would get into.

Game's that are deep and have an immersive team-work based environment are what really keep me engaged. Planetside 1 really shows what happens when you let players choose where and how they fight. It's a game that I've always enjoyed and now I am more hooked on it more than ever.

I have always loved Vanu Sovereignty, even though our weapons kinda suck . TR is also okay, but I can't stand the NC for some reason.

The order is pretty much Lasers are cool(+2), Black/Red looks sexy(+1), The Jackhammer and Scatmax are really lame (-20) but Matt Higby is kinda cool(+5).

So VS is on top with 2 points, TR is close behind with 1 point, but the NC are far behind with -15. Sorry Matt.

After running around and getting my butt kicked, I finally joined Azure Twilight. They have been a great outfit to play with and I have recently started streaming for them on many occasions.

My outfit shows what happens when you coordinate large numbers of people really well. I have seen many 5v5 teams and even 10v10 teams do a great job of coordinating and guiding players, but we run upwards of 100+ people at some peak hours. The leaders who guide and run the outfit really showed me skills that I have never seen in a video game; large scale leadership. It's really a beautiful sight to see, and I encourage everyone to watch our streams to see how its done. You can find many great leaders for competitive 5v5 teams, but few great leaders for 100+ player outfits .

Our channel is www.twitch.tv/azuretwilight if you're interested. We don't bite and are very friendly with viewers.

I also want to give a final shout out to the Dev team, who are more engaged and active with this community than any other game I've ever seen. Props to you guys. I have gotten to talk to a few of them on our streams and it has always been a blast shooting jokes back and forth, while Matt watches NC get decimated of course.

So anyway, that's who I am, who I play planetside with and why I still play it. I look forward to shooting my lasers your way in Planetside 2.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Hey there

Greetings zergling, have a nice day
Old 2012-07-11, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Old 2012-07-11, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Greetings

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-07-11, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Welcome to PSU!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-12, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zidane
Sergeant Major

Hello, welcome to the community!!!
Old 2012-07-12, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Arovien
First Sergeant

Sup,

hope to shoot u in the beta soon enough.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I would say im more of a Hydra than a zergling though :P
Old 2012-07-13, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

I've got a Goldeneye 64 cartridge sitting right here on my desktop, and a couple of N64's too! :P

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions