Infiltration Status - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where your PS dreams get shot down by others...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-17, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Infiltration Status

Spork posted this.

We have spent some time looking at the various issues associated with the Infiltration Suit. Our Programmers and Designers have been working to resolve these issues for a future update. Here some information to help prepare you for what�s to come.

Bug Fixes
- Items in the pistol holster will no longer be more visible.
- Hotswapping items will no longer cause infiltrators to become more visible.
- The Infiltration Status Icon will function properly, giving a visual indicator of how �cloaked� a player is.

Tweaks
- The nature of the Empire-specific Infiltration Suit models caused some suits to be more visible than others. We have adjusted parameters for each Empire to compensate for this.
- The level of visibility for sustained actions has been increased. These actions include using a REK, BANK and Medical Applicator.
- Levels of visibility have been honed for each of the different actions that an Infiltrator can take � running, walking, crouch-walking, jumping, shooting, etc. Further, the level of visibility has been adjusted to account for multiple simultaneous actions, such as jumping and shooting.
- Players who are walking and crouch walking will no longer show up on the Mosquito's overflight radar. While this is not specific to Infiltrators, it is something that is intended to help them significantly.

Other
- Infiltrators will remain cloaked when they mount a vehicle, but will be partially visible as long as they occupy the seat. This adjustment does not apply to the wraith, which will remain fully invisible when sitting still, and become more visible at higher speeds.
- Most of what is listed above will be a part of the update after the current update on Public Test. The Mosquito Overflight ability is currently live. After these go live, there is one more adjustment we have to make afterward:

The Future
- The Silent Run Implant will cancel out the Infiltrator�s radar signature. This will not be a part of the upcoming update, but will enter development following it.

Through these updates, we are hoping to enhance the Infiltrator's power behind the scenes of the battle. If there's an item that is not covered, please let us know through this thread.
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001988.html

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-02-17, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like every day will be Halloween for PS' ghosts.

edit: this is a good thing... I think cloakers should pose a constant threat.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2004-02-17 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

It doeas appear they wanted to get this information out before the Dev chat. I am sure there were tons of questions submitted from infiltrators. I hope this doesnt mean they wont get asked (again) because they are very important issues
Old 2004-02-17, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheN00b
Colonel

Well, I'm not an infiltrator, but I think this should only be a start to more buffs. As it is, Infiltrators don't particularly frighten my grunt right now: If I see even the barest hint of movement, I just flick DL and unload. Infiltrators should be a full-time worry for every soldier.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Well, I'm not an infiltrator, but I think this should only be a start to more buffs. As it is, Infiltrators don't particularly frighten my grunt right now: If I see even the barest hint of movement, I just flick DL and unload. Infiltrators should be a full-time worry for every soldier.
Why should they particularily frighten a grunt, though? I've always been of the frame of mind that infiltrator suits are not meant for combat. I'm glad they're making them less visible/detectable, but if you want to kill lot's of people, the infiltrator suit shouldn't be how you would best go about it. If they'd add more ways for stealthers to sabotage/hack/undermine bases/towers/stuff they haven't added yet, then infiltrators will be able to do the job I think they were designed for.

As it is, short of removing Darklight altogether, there is no way to make a guy with no armor and only a pistol with limited inventory capacity pose a serious threat to infantry. Thus they need to give them a different job to do.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

A lot of this falls under the wait and see category. Tweaking visibility could be just as much nerf as love, we won't know until we see the result. I'm not pleased about increasing visibility while using the REK, it's freaking hard as hell to jack a vehicle that's being guarded now. I don't even want to think about trying to jack one after becoming even more visible.
Love the mossy change, getting pinned down by a patient mossy pilot is not a fun way to spend the day. Plus, this allows infil to possibly be helpful during base defense from a siege as all it currently takes is one hovering mossy to neuter us completely.
I can't wait to see Silent Run, but if it's cancelling the radar signature I'm curious about the stamina drain. The SOI is rather large, and you'd pretty much have to activate it at the outer portion to have any chance of survival. That's a long run.
For the most part looks like good, positive minor love tho.
Old 2004-02-17, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheN00b
Colonel

I don't agree, to an extent. Infiltrators should be a threat to infantry, just not all of them. For example, Infiltrators should very often pose a threat to snipers, as illustrated last night when my little brother cleared an entire cliff face of snipers and spiked MAXes with his knife and Boomers . However, I agree that infiltrators should not pose much of a threat to twitch-addict Rambos, who are far more paranoid than most an generally good at close range fighting. So, in short, Infiltrators should be a threat to people who are more stationary, but should bugger off if they try to take down a Surgile-type guy.
Old 2004-02-17, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

It's all in how you play the game. Drop a spitfire near one of those surgemonkeys, and watch them turn into a statue as they try to keep from getting cut down by your deployable. Add a Magscatter to the temple. Choices? Run from the pistol, death by spitfire, or spin in place trying to take out the infiltrator and most likely get offed anyhow.

An open field, an infil suit and aces counteract surging nicely.
Old 2004-02-17, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheN00b
Colonel

Last night, my bro was more into the Melee Booster fun. He probably nabbed about 10 snipers in all during one run with his trusty Mag-Cutter. O' course, he was fighting TR, so the spiked MAXes on the hill got an unpleasant surprise from his Boomers .
Old 2004-02-17, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Visor
Sergeant

The only problem is the infiltrating if you want high KPH get a cloak suit and CE with surge
example: take a look at my Vanu sig
Old 2004-02-17, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jagd
Major

I am not holding my breath. This is just more crap to pile up under the TALK column. We need some fixes to go under the LIVE column.
Old 2004-02-17, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jagd
Major

What are you trying to say there bud? That you should only be an infiltrator if you want high kills-per-hack?
Old 2004-02-17, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Visor
Sergeant

I am saying that if they want to be on the leaderboard its possible but what infils are made for, they arent very good at.
Like mosquitos made for scouting, who does that.
Like the lasher being versatile, only withing 80 meters of a non-moving target
Like CC being a great ex-pack,[sarcasm] so many people in the caverns [/sarcasm]
Old 2004-02-17, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jagd
Major

Well kills aren't everything, as I'm sure you will come to accept while trying to get your BR7 vanu onto the leaderboard.
Old 2004-02-17, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TheN00b
Colonel

Pwwwwwnnnnneeeeeddddd
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion