Emerald TR losing streak? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got ANT?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-29, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187
I think it's our empire specific Vehicles that kill us, it takes more people then the other two empires to make a tank or buggy fully operatinal, which means on average most people aren't up for it. Also it kinda sucks that a TR squad can fully operate 3 tanks when the NC can operate 5. If they faught it out, the NC would win because they have the harding hitting weaponry + numbers.
Thats the Achillies Heel, TR Equipment requires teamwork.

The raider is devestating when its fully manned with a good squad or group that works together.

The Prowler, Tank vs. Tank it owns. Tank vs two tanks, well you need some good gunners and a good driver. Otherwise your just slowing them down. But once again, teamwork is needed. But I have seen and been part of teams of Prowlers with devestating results.

Outfits need to be more that just a bunch of guys looking for a squad. When a member of our Outfit pulls out a flail, I'm grabing my Inf suit and lazer to pick out targerts (FYI, the fact your enemy can see the lazer as your aquiring a target is just 100% bullshit). People in outfits need to sacrifice for others. I didn't get any kills, but the outfit mate in the Flail was racking plenty (plus my deaths were up quite a bit). However, other days he's driving a prowler and I'm on the main gun racking up the kills. Its a trade off.

Also, just because an outfit is disorganized doesn't mean you should abandon it in search of a new one...you may be part of the problem. At least try to help organize, you may be surprised. Our example, we were once a well oiled killing and land grabbing machine. As people started to hit BR20, they started to leave (for other games or other empires) and thier positions weren't replaced. The outfit almost collapsed. So spam invites occured and most of our squads were rather unorganized. Now that we got a good player base going (those that stayed and wanted to really get things going), organization is starting to take shape. Still a lot of work ahead, but were miles from the low we were at. Hopefully soon, we will re-earn our reputation.

My point is, dont hop from one outfit to the next looking for organization, your not going to find it and chances are if they are organized, they don't recruit often (its a pain). Get into an active group and start building. Its not easy and its not painless, but it will pay off.
Old 2004-09-29, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

The DragonWolves pride themselves on our ability to roll Prowlers and coordinated Galaxy Drops. I doubt that there is another TR outfit that is as effective Tank v Tank.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-09-29, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Nice!! Its sad to see that we almost ever encounter you guys. We used to see alot of Enclave, but even now org'd outfits are hard to find.
Old 2004-09-29, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrComando
Private

Actually, I don't think the problems are CR 5's or n00bs. The problem is everyone : nobody listens to CR 5's instructions and so finally TR-E find themselves fighting on 3 or sometimes 5 different planets...

My main character is on Werner and there, we always try to pop lock a planet. People do what the CR 5's say and so it works out alright. Usually, there's one main and one secondary target so we can gather people to have some real good fights.

Tartan Terran
Old 2004-09-29, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MrComando
My main character is on Werner and there, we always try to pop lock a planet. People do what the CR 5's say and so it works out alright. Usually, there's one main and one secondary target so we can gather people to have some real good fights.

Thats what usually happens on Markov. CR5's state a primary and a secondary. Primary usually gets pop locked fast. Secondary...somewhat gets populated, depending on the population. Some squads will go on thier own and just wreak havoc for the enemy in general...and sometimes set up the next invasion.

Edit: Once again, its a teamwork issue.
Old 2004-09-29, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ducimus
Sergeant

^^
What he said.
Old 2004-09-29, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah markov relay doesn't seem to have the horribly unballenced problems anymore. Though after BWG's came out, it was funy to see all red one day all blue the next and all purple the day after that. but it evened out eventualy. Normaly continents go tic for tac

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-09-29 at 10:01 PM.
Old 2004-09-29, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Our CR5s fuck up invasions almost as often then they help them, a few days ago a CR5 managed to stall out an offensive on Esamir when we had almost 70% of the pop. A totally uncoordinated zerg could have done better.
Old 2004-09-29, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

The problem is everyone : nobody listens to CR 5's instructions
They way this game is, CR 5 is not a rank at all, it's a privallege to talk to everybody because you play the game alot. Just because you are CR5 doesn't give you the right to force everybody to listen to you.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-09-30, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Heh, for an outfit like the one I'm in

Auroras, while not good against air, do make for a potent Purple Jackhammer spamcannon of AV Doom.

We'd never ever stop driving Raiders if we had access to em.
While a worse tank, it's a far superior troop transport.

But yeah that gets down to it.
TR equipment is NOT weak. It simply requires a higher level of teamwork.
In the absence of Teamwork, your screwed.
Old 2004-09-30, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

tr markov the other night:

Old 2004-09-30, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Actually, I don't think the problems are CR 5's or n00bs. The problem is everyone : nobody listens to CR 5's instructions and so finally TR-E find themselves fighting on 3 or sometimes 5 different planets...
Yesterday, we were fighting on Ishundar. One CR5 said target is Ish, secondary is Hossin, everyone fill up Ishundar. Five minutes later, another CR5 comes and says the primary isn't Ishundar, it's Hossin, everyone fill up Hossin. This happens a fair amount of times as well. The zerg not listening may be a consequence of the CR5's typically not having the head and their ass wired together.
Old 2004-10-01, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Zaephod
Private

The problem with the TR:

Chaingun stinks compared to other weapons. I wont mention the lasher..the pulsar puts the chaingun to shame. I recall a long time ago the chaingun had amazing range and was very strong, it was nerfed.

As for organization, I have to say I havent been overly impressed with the TR organization. Vanu dont need much with their weapon superiority. The NC has some solid organizations. I used to be in Liberty, which was always very strong.

TR needs an organization with some CR5s what work in concert. How many times do you have to yell 'Move the AMS!' cause the enemy knows where it is, but its never moved. Where we have a fight where we have no armor or no air support...why bother fighting if we are going to lose? We need to pick our fights better.

Organization
weapons
skillz
Old 2004-10-03, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

TR has fewer good tactical outfits than the VS or NC have.

Where NC and VS have about 5-6 active tactical and spec ops outfits each, the TR only have 2 or 3.

While the tactical elements of the TR's army do a fine job, there just aren't enough of them to go around for the whole campaign.
Old 2004-10-04, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
icejuice
Private

Originally Posted by WritheNC
TR has fewer good tactical outfits than the VS or NC have.

Where NC and VS have about 5-6 active tactical and spec ops outfits each, the TR only have 2 or 3.

While the tactical elements of the TR's army do a fine job, there just aren't enough of them to go around for the whole campaign.
The TR have plenty of active tactical outfits, but most of them are fairly small.

The weapons of the TR aren't the problem, actully i think that the MCG is the best HA, and the striker is the best AV. The jackhammer is balanced, i dont care whatever you say. It is only affective at very close range, and a long range they suck. Where as the gauss rife is good long range, and generally sucks close range. As for the VS, the pulsar is overpowered for just basic weaponry. And i had used the lasher many times, and i dont find it very affective.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion