Tech test invites? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Makes me all wet inside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-18, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tech test invites?

You all shouldn't expect the beta to begin for the majority probably until mid August. SOE has consistently shown that whatever date they say it is usually 1.5-2x that in actuality. Stop hindering on the dates they say and you will not be nearly as disappointed. I remember when Beta was supposed to be in march, what a joke that was.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
I wonder how many people have Radeon HD 5000 series cards.... I didn't think it would very common
Using a 5850 myself, which is a monster card considering I got it like 3 years ago and it hasn't bottlenecked me yet. The fan makes a disgusting amount of noise though.

5850 and a 3.2 quad 995 black edition with 4gb of ram.

Was hoping my system was odd enough.

Apparently not!
Old 2012-07-18, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
gufftroad
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Using a 5850 myself, which is a monster card considering I got it like 3 years ago and it hasn't bottlenecked me yet. The fan makes a disgusting amount of noise though.

5850 and a 3.2 quad 995 black edition with 4gb of ram.

Was hoping my system was odd enough.

Apparently not!
i have the same card with 2 oldish dual cores with 16gb ram and mine wasn't odd enough apparently
Old 2012-07-18, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

5870 hd radeon, i7 quad core 950 8gb of ram
Old 2012-07-18, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post
You all shouldn't expect the beta to begin for the majority probably until mid August. SOE has consistently shown that whatever date they say it is usually 1.5-2x that in actuality. Stop hindering on the dates they say and you will not be nearly as disappointed. I remember when Beta was supposed to be in march, what a joke that was.
They said multiple times that beta was within this month. That's completely reasonable even if the tech test ends up being a little longer than expected. Those testing right now will roll right into beta.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
They said multiple times that beta was within this month. That's completely reasonable even if the tech test ends up being a little longer than expected. Those testing right now will roll right into beta.
I think he was more getting at that while beta will start this month, that doesn't mean everyone with a PCGamer key, vet status, or some other key is instantly getting in. The number of people and thus the likelihood of oneself getting in will just improve with the game officially going into beta, but it doesn't necessarily mean instant access either.

It's going to be one of those rage inducing periods of time, where lots of people are getting invites, and lots of others won't. The unblessed souls will rage. Some simply upset to wait longer, some (wrongfully) feeling entitled because of their vet status or "having paid for beta" through PCGamer, etc.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-18 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I think he was more getting at that while beta will start this month, that doesn't mean everyone with a PCGamer key, vet status, or some other key is instantly getting in. The number of people and thus the likelihood of oneself getting in will just improve with the game officially going into beta, but it doesn't necessarily mean instant access either.

It's going to be one of those rage inducing periods of time, where lots of people are getting invites, and lots of others won't. The unblessed souls will rage. Some simply upset to wait longer, some (wrongfully) feeling entitled because of their vet status or "having paid for beta" through PCGamer, etc.
Might be wrong, but I heard they're going to test the servers for 2000 player load during the tech test. If this is true, I'm thinking they'll be comfortable ramping up the beta fairly quickly. Even for a small tech test, it seems like invites have been going out at a pretty frequent rate.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-18 at 06:28 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Might be wrong, but I heard they're going to test the servers for 2000 player load during the tech test. If this is true, I'm thinking they'll be comfortable ramping up the beta fairly quickly. Even for a small tech test, it seems like invites have been going out at a pretty frequent rate.
They'd have to if they want to fill the 2000 person quota in one to two weeks time And that might be 2000 external testers, no employees or their families, just to cover as many system variations as possible.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
RageMasterUK
Corporal

I hate to break this to the "apparently not" crowd but your computer is not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Whatever exotic hardware setup you have, guaranteed theres at least 100 in the same basket on the beta hardware survey. Especially since the poll was very limited in what questions it asked. They are not taking everyone who has the same setup, maybe just a handful from each basket. If you didn't get in its because you werent lucky and therefore are surplus to their requirements. For now.

Those posting on reddit are maybe 5% of the people who got into the tech test. I would be hesitant to assume anything on aggregate based upon what you read there on what 'types' of PC they're inviting in as it's not going to be a complete cross-section of who is actually in the test.

I personally have limitless patience. I don't mind waiting. Im not going to show myself up by being a whiny little biatch even tho Im like 10yr TOS on PS1.

Remember they are making 9gb of game for everyone to download and play for free. FOR FREE. Anyone who does anything for me for free IRL I am happy to stay off their back while they are working, hell thats the least I can do.

-RageMasterUK
Old 2012-07-18, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
SergeantNubins
Corporal

I would imagine the reason why they specified the options they did in the sruvey is because they specifically wanted to test sets of people evenly across all options and combinations thereof first. Althought an option for none of the above would probably help them ebtter with that
Old 2012-07-18, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Kain View Post
You have an i7 and you're worried about your CPU? Jebus, I've got a quad-core Q6600 and nowhere near your other specs (4GB RAM, for instance) and I'm not concerned.

Your rig should eat PS2 for breakfast!
Dont forget it's a mobile gpu and CPU in my rig, not quite the monsters in desktop counterparts...still powerful though. BF3 on high/ultra and such . Still worried about that player count on my cpu, mostly. We shall see though haha.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
I wonder how many people have Radeon HD 5000 series cards.... I didn't think it would very common
5000 series was a hugely popular GPU. There is still loads of people with that series I bet.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
5000 series was a hugely popular GPU. There is still loads of people with that series I bet.
I'm running a 5770 with a Core 2 Quad CPU. It's definately old but I can run BF3 and Blacklight on medium/low graphics and get great FPS.

I'm hoping they are starting the technical test with the newer machines and gradually let more and more of the older ones in.
Old 2012-07-18, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
TheApoc
Corporal

one of my outfit mates just got in today after signing up yesterday. his pc is a beast..
Old 2012-07-18, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheApoc View Post
one of my outfit mates just got in today after signing up yesterday. his pc is a beast..
Wow
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion