I desperatley need help!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, lifes a bitch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-01, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
chaingun
Private

Last edited by chaingun; 2003-02-02 at 10:01 AM.
Old 2003-02-01, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TeamR
Sergeant

Tell her that the monthly fee goes towards upgrades, improvements, and continued support. So instead of paying a one time charge and getting a pretty stationary game that wont do anything else, you get a game that evolves all the time. New vehicles, new lands to explore, maybe even a new empire one day. The new things never stop, and thats why games like everquest have been around for years and will be around longer than most games released this year. Planetside will be the same way.

For the price of a movie ticket you can play a game that never stops evolving, for as long as you want.

There's a place that I travel
When I want to roam
And nobody knows it but me

Old 2003-02-01, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mazelmavin
Sergeant

Well, you answered your own question.

I played Everquest for years. I would go 6 months or more without buying a new game.

Here is a suggestion you might not like:
Its only going to be 10-15 dollars. There are lots of ways to come up with 15 dollars a month. I used to pay some kid 15 dollars to cut my grass.
Old 2003-02-01, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

It's like getting new game everymonth.

You will stay home more, and go out less by playing a game like this. Thus negating many of your oppurtunities to get in trouble.

Games like this teach leadership and communication.

One month of this game is cheaper than one trip to the movies.

If you buy this game, you won't have time to play another game for a long time. Thus, you won't be spending 50 bucks every month on new games, but just 10 a month on one game.

It's highly regulated, so you're less likely to be subject to questionable material.

"I really need to get this game" - You just realized that it's a game and you don't *need* it.

You're getting a job and a bank account with in the next month. With your lovely bank account you can get a debit card which acts like a check. This debit card can be used to pre order the game. Once it is out, I am sure they will have cards in the store you can buy, to purchase alotments of game time.

Don't make your mom pay for the game. Do it yourself, show her your responsable.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-01, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bighoss
General

tell her to bake u a cake... ignore that bad advice

Ask if u can do more chors around the house to make some money. Get good grades too that is probauly good cuz then your parents won't hate u and they could be more leanent... maybe that just applies for mine.

OR buy a gun grab a dog and say if they won't pay it for u then you'll shoot the dog
Old 2003-02-01, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mazelmavin
Well, you answered your own question.

Here is a suggestion you might not like:
Its only going to be 10-15 dollars. There are lots of ways to come up with 15 dollars a month. I used to pay some kid 15 dollars to cut my grass.
Getting $15 a month is easy. Not having a computer, and wanting this game is much harder. (Not that that last statement applies to me though, I have a job, and my own place, man I'm broke....) Selling news papers, having a paper route, cutting grass, washing cars (My friend detailed cars for 2 years and bought a Porsha 914 when he turned 16). I'm getting kind-of up set about how lazzy you are now. Damn kids these days, when I was a kid....

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-02-01, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah usually I just argue with my parents for a couple months and then they give in, but i pay with my own money... I get 20 bucks a month and 10/15 will go to PS so just pay for it with your own money.
Old 2003-02-01, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Moloch
Master Sergeant

prpb is, around where I live, before I moved here kids were lazy so there arn't any opportunities for me to earn money at 14. I used to live in NYC, there I could do stuff, but everyone gets their grass cut by their own kids or by mexicans for minimum wage and such. I prob won't get PSU until I'm 16 so I can work at this sandwhich place.
Old 2003-02-01, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Bighoss
General

I use to live in Greenwich where we had workers for everything, we moved to maine and there isn't anyone like that so I have to do everything but I like it cuz I get payed. This summer will be fun I get to take down this barn on our property gonna get a ton of money for it too !
Old 2003-02-02, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

Tell her to crawl out of her hole and notice that it isn;t the 1950s anymore and that things change. PAY FOR TV?!?!?!WHAT?!?!?!MORE CHANNELS?!?!?BLAH!....
Old 2003-02-02, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
It's like getting new game everymonth.

You will stay home more, and go out less by playing a game like this. Thus negating many of your oppurtunities to get in trouble.

Games like this teach leadership and communication.

One month of this game is cheaper than one trip to the movies.

If you buy this game, you won't have time to play another game for a long time. Thus, you won't be spending 50 bucks every month on new games, but just 10 a month on one game.

It's highly regulated, so you're less likely to be subject to questionable material.

"I really need to get this game" - You just realized that it's a game and you don't *need* it.

You're getting a job and a bank account with in the next month. With your lovely bank account you can get a debit card which acts like a check. This debit card can be used to pre order the game. Once it is out, I am sure they will have cards in the store you can buy, to purchase alotments of game time.

Don't make your mom pay for the game. Do it yourself, show her your responsable.
Nicely said....bravo! Listen to this advice, she can't say no!!
Old 2003-02-02, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sputty
Banned

Logically she cant, but she will still say no. I hope you realise that. It's just how too many people think...Hmm, he's given good reasons, arguments that I can't defend against so...No, he won't be getting the thing that costs very little.
Old 2003-02-02, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
TGF NightHawk
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I'm sure if she sees the effort in him trying, they would have no choice...assuming he will actually try! Wouldn't hurt to buy her a bouquet of roses too!
Old 2003-02-02, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kriege
Corporal

1- It encourage getting a education so you can get a job to pay for it
2- Because of the good/mature people you will be hanging with in a pay to play game will give you a good influence on your personality
3- It'll keep you indoor and away from drug
Old 2003-02-02, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

But if I were to do drugs I'd do them indoors..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion