Heavy Assault - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: #1 source for STD's
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-29, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I played TR during beta and used the mini-gun... i thought it was a fine weapon... i think you are trying to create an issue where there is none.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-05-29, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally posted by Nitsch
I played TR during beta and used the mini-gun... i thought it was a fine weapon... i think you are trying to create an issue where there is none.
Old 2003-05-29, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Originally posted by Plato
Hey this thread was for bashing the mini chaingun! :o

Is there any TR who has the cert to give their take? (or did cert in it at some stage).

I just don't see the point in spending 4 points on this when it's just a really inaccurate version of the cycler w/ a larger ammo capacity.
It's because the Lasher is so underpowered that it's not even worth mentioning in the first post.

I'm hurt.

Actually, the Mini-chain does suck at anything longer than close range. I do feel it's the best close range HA out there. Even better than the jackhammer (slow RoF).

1-on-1 with a chain gun, just keep your distance and use any decent medium range weapon (rocklet, punisher, etc), and you'll be left standing.
Old 2003-05-29, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Plato
Sergeant

Originally posted by tmartinez72
It's because the Lasher is so underpowered that it's not even worth mentioning in the first post.

I'm hurt.
I did not mention the Lasher because I have no experience with it other than being killed by it on the odd occasion

I think I'll try the minigun again at some point when I increase in BR. I still believe I have a case tho. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.
Old 2003-05-29, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

Everyone is bias to their own empire at this point

There was a time when the CG was ultra-powerful, but it isnt that anymore.

I wish people would quit thinking up which weapon should be nerfed and start thinking of ways to bypass it, new tactics.

Thats when the real fun starts

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-05-29, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
tmartinez72
Sergeant

The thing with all HA weapons is the 4 cert cost.

Any medium or special assult close range weapon will just take an extra .75 seconds to kill someone.

It's just not worth it. I do fine with the sweeper shotgun, cycler, or even rocket rifle.
Old 2003-05-29, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Plato
Sergeant

Originally posted by Hamma
Everyone is bias to their own empire at this point
I just think the fact that Jackhammers outnumbering the GC 20 to 1 is a good indication that something is wrong is all.
Old 2003-05-29, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

The miniCG the one of the best weapons in the game! So soon as someone starts to use it on me, my frames drop to like 2fps and i can't move. The CG then chews me up and spits me out. It's very effective and efficient. I so great that it can cause so much lag that you can kill ppl even when they are behind you.

If you can't handle that gheyness tryout the TR AV missle thingy. The pheonix i think. No minimum range on it for target lock. I've had a missle locked on me inside CC and spawn rooms.

stfu,stfd, stop complaining about TR weapons.
Old 2003-05-29, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ommer
Private

I admit, that a NC Gauss can easily outshoot both the TR's heavy and med, and the VS's heavy and med at long to mid range. However the closer you get, the more it starts to hurt. The chaingun is supremely wicked when you have one guy, wielding it, and running through a base shooting at everything that moves
Old 2003-05-29, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MilitantB0B
Colonel

All I know is that almost every grunt in NC has a jackhammer (I check their corpse and hear them all around), quite a few TR carry the Mini-gun (I should know, I am fighting right along side of them) and almost NO VS carry the lasher. I don't know if this is because the lasher isn't popular, but is a viable weapon, or if it is because it sucks, I always played VS for the MAXs.
Old 2003-05-29, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

I played NC during beta, and not everyone EVERYONE had a Jackhammer, but it was relatively common. Now every EVERY Terran has a Striker. Which is why they suck so much. They carry the big old Striker with at least two boxes of ammo. And have no room for 9mm.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-05-29, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

The weapons are fine
From what I see on the field,

VS HA = Med-Long Range
TR HA = Med Range
NC HA = Very Short Range

VS AV = Med-Long Range
TR AV = Long Range
NC AV = Med Range

VS MA = Med Range
TR MA = Short Range
NC MA = Med Range

VS Pistol = Med Range
TR Pistol = Med Range
NC Pistol = Point Blank Range

They are all fine, I use weapons from all empires depending on what I need, with reinforced, I sometimes grab a chain gun and a hackhammer and go in, or a Vanu whatever that thing is called and a jackhammer and move in

Remeber, each weapon is good at different things, the key is balance, not copies.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-05-29, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Striker... right... thats what i was thinking of.
Old 2003-05-29, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

VS Tank: teh suck
TR Tank: not bad
NC Tank: PREPARE TO DIE
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-05-29, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

bah, VS tanks KA, they can cross water (why I dont see huge vs naval fleets, I dont know (yes their tank can only be on water for about 3 min, but their buggy can be on it 4ever))

The VS tank only takes 1 person to use (it has a gun) thus it can target 2 things very well

It can run circles around the other tanks

It can crush inf all day (how many times have you been crushed by a mag rider? I lost count, and Im a Vulcan!)

TR Prowler is very KA if it has 2 gunners, since it can dest inf and armor at the same time, targeting 2 things is a very nice thing

The NC Vaguard is very good, no doubt, though IMO it is best hands down when you go tank vs tank, it is not good at dealing with more than 1 target, and dies very fast to air, etc

It is also VERY easy to flank due to slow turning gun and very slow turning tank

I say they all have their uses, and all are good in their own light
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion