One Empire per Server? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason she left
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-03, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sabinius
First Sergeant

Question One Empire per Server?

What in the heck does that mean?
It sounds stupid, but then again the majority of the
game voted for yes so I did.

What exactly does this mean?

And why does it involve the fourth empire?

And if its like only one empire per server...
thats just stupid and I doubt
thats what it is
If its two empires per server thats
feasable by the retarded devs standards
but I personally hate that idea

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
2Seksy4MyModem
Corporal

It means that you can only have characters on one empire per server. This is how the servers used to be before the mergers.

The fourth empire is related to people switching sides when their team is losing, Ex: I'm VS and we're getting our asses handed to us with a smile from the TR. If I switch to TR then I'm contributing to the fourth empire.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

1) It's a poll started by us, devs have nothing to do with it.
2) It means that you can only belong to one empire per server.
3) The only reason you can belong to two empires currently was to allow the devs to merge servers. The game worked perfectly fine before.
4) Give your enter key a break
Old 2004-11-03, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
2Seksy4MyModem
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
4) Give your enter key a break
But it almost looks like a poem ^^

Edit-shortened the quote
Old 2004-11-03, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sabinius
First Sergeant

Rotfl, on my screen the text almost always goes
off the screen so i have to use the left to
right scroll bar. Since I don't know how
to not make my internet explorer a thing
for a nearly blind person, with gigantic pictures and words
I help people like me and keep it together instead
of going all the way across

and to me it looks sloppy
if its all bunched together all long and stuff

And I'm glad I voted yes

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marsman
Major

It seems pretty simple to me. 3 empires - 3 servers. Pick the servers you want your other empire characters to go to. Leave only one empire's characters per server.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Marsman
It seems pretty simple to me. 3 empires - 3 servers. Pick the servers you want your other empire characters to go to. Leave only one empire's characters per server.
Q to the F to the T.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LBSheep
Private

Big deal if we switch sides. Maybe we have friends that play another Empire and we want to join them, or we feel like helping out the losing side or we get tired of hearing the CR5's belittle us or make us feel like shit... seems to me there are a bunch of little kids doing what they do best "bitching".
Old 2004-11-03, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

or we feel like helping out the winning side
fixed
Old 2004-11-03, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
2Seksy4MyModem
Corporal

Originally Posted by LBSheep
Big deal if we switch sides. Maybe we have friends that play another Empire and we want to join them, or we feel like helping out the losing side or we get tired of hearing the CR5's belittle us or make us feel like shit... seems to me there are a bunch of little kids doing what they do best "bitching".
Well, usually when I have friends who play we decide on an empire and stick to it. I gave up some of my favorite characters to play with the guys I do now, multiple times. Plus if the CR5s are belittlling you, you don't have to read it or even listen to them at all. Lately when I get on I ignore what the primarys are and go to the best cave fight. If I feel the need to see the sun, I check the incentives for the conts to find the fight and go to the largest population with at least 15% VS.

Thats not the way you have to do it, but its how I do it, call me wierd

Plus, its a little more than bitching when one empire has 40%+ population. It disrupts the gameplay for all teams. I played VS for quite a while now and I stopped playing for a while due to the fact that the empire just rolled over everything in its path. In those cases I'd prefer everyone had one empire, so that there is at least some penalty for changing sides completely.

Originally Posted by LBSheep
...or we feel like helping out the losing side...
While that is certainly a pro for keeping two empires per server, that's the first time I've even heard of the idea.
Old 2004-11-03, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's too late to go back, not when it's been possible to have two empires on one server for so long. They should simply increase the benefits for being the underdog, and lock server switching a day before any important event starts, so that you pick your side BEFORE the fighting starts, rather than once you see which side is doing the best.
Old 2004-11-03, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Marsman
Major

While I commend the attitude to help out the losing side, I fear that is not the general tendency. With the experience system as it is, captures are the focus and those who are character building would prefer to be on when the empire is on a roll of captures which often accompanies population. While the devs have tried to provide incentives to join the weaker sides in terms of population, I don't feel it offsets the experience gained from running with the winning zerg at the time. While I understand the playing with friends part, your friends could make characters on other servers as well. Playing both (or all three) sides within the same server group just seems traitor-ish - Fighting for your empire one moment and against it the next, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Play another empire on other servers - different story - not the same group of people. Plus it gives a good understanding and knowledge. Know thyne enemy well - but know it from another server and not be fighting against the same players you were fighting beside earlier that day.
Old 2004-11-03, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mango
First Lieutenant

But what about if we have characters for both empires that we want to keep? I have a BR 15 TR guy that i put many hours into that I wouldn't want to lose.
Old 2004-11-03, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
internetn
Sergeant Major

I just play my one guy... all the time. But it would be nice to see people on that aren't saying
"Sup dooD!! I normally play teh TR, so whats da best gun for teh NC?!@?"
They are probably just newbs, but I guess we could get more specialized

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2004-11-03, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
kcirreda
Corporal

as U can see in my Sig, I have 2 dedicated chars on Emerald. Now, isnt there a TIMER for switching empires, or did it go AWAY? I am loyal to both VS and TR. And U can ALLWAYS go to My Planetside Map thingy to show who has most land, but not population before you log on. Its a nice idea but not planned out. Warborn knows what hes talking about.

__Quote: Warborn___________________________________
It's too late to go back, not when it's been possible to have two empires on one server for so long. They should simply increase the benefits for being the underdog, and lock server switching a day before any important event starts, so that you pick your side BEFORE the fighting starts, rather than once you see which side is doing the best.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion