If you could have one thing in Planetside? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-21, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Vipergts1587
When I played I only used a supressor..........
I clicked the link in your signature and read the thread. This, the quoted text above, is what you should have said when the guy on page one asked you how you get BR5 while having no kills at all.
Old 2004-02-21, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Can the one thing I wish to have be NOT having Heavy Assault in the game?

Seriously. Just throw all 4 out and let everyone spend their 4 certs on something else. Every time the dev team even looks in the direction of HA, the shit hits the fan heh.
Old 2004-02-21, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
spartan606
Private

Originally Posted by Kaymon
Besides, how many supressors do you see in combat?

I personally like the supressor. I use it from time to time because it is very useful for long distance shooting; I once took out a TR Burster MAX (not that it's hard to do) with one...

As for the airdel thing, I'd like to see more vehicles put into the game. Personally I'd like to see a two-person Reaver-like aircraft. One person flies and shoots rockets while the other person mans a turret (think attack helo) with a 30mm cannon on it...
Old 2004-02-21, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn
I clicked the link in your signature and read the thread. This, the quoted text above, is what you should have said when the guy on page one asked you how you get BR5 while having no kills at all.
You can get to almost BR5 by using all the weapons and vehicles and using all types of terminals etc.

And yes, the suppressor is quite good. At medium and above range it's practically better then the pulsar.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

*sigh*

Let's say they do put in the Airdel. Nobody would use the Galaxy to transport troops because they're all using Airdels. Nobody would use the Galaxy to transport vehicles because it's limited to small ones, so they'd use the Lodestar instead.

Which to use, a vehicle you can get at any tech-plant linked base, or one that requires the only DSC on the continent?

Please, don't say my logic is flawed unless you're going to explain yourself. Besides, how many supressors do you see in combat?
Actually, my point was precisely that: you don't see that many suppressors in combat, because MA have made it obsolete (although some people still occassionally use it). But no one's complaining about the suppressor being underused, because they have other good weapons available.

So let's say the Airdel finds its way into the game. Yes, it and the Lodestar will render the Galaxy an essentially obsolete vehicle. But so what? At least we'll have an air transport that people will actually want and will use, which is better than just having the Galaxy that finds no service whatsoever. And if a squad wants to shuttle some extra troops or MAXes around, then they'll still have the Gal.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by GreyFox
And yes, the suppressor is quite good. At medium and above range it's practically better then the pulsar.
Maybe better than a Pulsar if the target isn't moving to let you hold the fire button down, taking advantage of its accuracy, which is the only thing the Surpressor has going for it.

But, let's not derail this any further. I demand Planetside's next expansion be nothing more than an upgrade to the Unreal Warfare engine.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally Posted by Warborn
UT2k4 engine, including the ragdoll physics, vehicle physics, and overall great performance.
I'd want that, except I'd also want realistic vehicle physics (not sure how the ut2k4 engine handles vehicle), destructable enviroments (within reason, meaning the farther you go down the harder it gets to make a hole (aka, if you REALLY wanted that hole into the enemy cy, you could do it, but ti'd take a lot of rockets)), and oh yeah, more weapons, that giant mech thing, a mothership, deployable machine guns, and the ability to super customize our armour, face, hair, nose hairs, size of feet, size of boobs, more emotes, and the ability to run around naked.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Destroyeron
I'd want that, except I'd also want realistic vehicle physics (not sure how the ut2k4 engine handles vehicle), destructable enviroments (within reason, meaning the farther you go down the harder it gets to make a hole (aka, if you REALLY wanted that hole into the enemy cy, you could do it, but ti'd take a lot of rockets)), and oh yeah, more weapons, that giant mech thing, a mothership, deployable machine guns, and the ability to super customize our armour, face, hair, nose hairs, size of feet, size of boobs, more emotes, and the ability to run around naked.
It handles vehicles very well. The force of an explosion can cause vehicles to rock, tip a bit, or completely overturn. Upon destruction, vehicles tend to explode a bit, and fly into the air. Shot down aircraft set aflame and spiral down to earth. And so on and so forth. The engine is amazing, and if PS were using it it'd be an incredible game, because it would be so much fun to just play and blow stuff up and watch bodies fall off the edge of a tower and so forth, and all the while getting far better performance out of the game than PS's current engine could ever deliver.

Also, that's a pretty big "one thing you'd change about PS".

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-02-21 at 10:27 PM.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
GrimReaper02184
Private

I'm going with Warborn
Old 2004-02-21, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Destroyeron
Troll x2

hehe, ok, give me a list of games that use that engine, I must see it in action. Atleast after I get my new pc, that could handle it better.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
Actually, my point was precisely that: you don't see that many suppressors in combat, because MA have made it obsolete (although some people still occassionally use it). But no one's complaining about the suppressor being underused, because they have other good weapons available.

So let's say the Airdel finds its way into the game. Yes, it and the Lodestar will render the Galaxy an essentially obsolete vehicle. But so what? At least we'll have an air transport that people will actually want and will use, which is better than just having the Galaxy that finds no service whatsoever. And if a squad wants to shuttle some extra troops or MAXes around, then they'll still have the Gal.
The diffrence is that the supressor is a free weapon, a nice little standby if the terminals are blown. You always have it. The Galaxy requires you to cert up and have a DSC. That's why we'll never see the Airdel. It's redundant. Every task the Airdel promises is already filled.

Back when they made the CC weapons and vehicles, they told us that they made a point of making sure none of the new toys would render the current selection useless or redundant. They did a good job of that. The Airdel would do nothing more than what current vehicles already do.

That's why you'll never see it in game.
Old 2004-02-21, 11:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

The diffrence is that the supressor is a free weapon, a nice little standby if the terminals are blown. You always have it. The Galaxy requires you to cert up and have a DSC. That's why we'll never see the Airdel. It's redundant. Every task the Airdel promises is already filled.

Back when they made the CC weapons and vehicles, they told us that they made a point of making sure none of the new toys would render the current selection useless or redundant. They did a good job of that. The Airdel would do nothing more than what current vehicles already do.

That's why you'll never see it in game.
You bring up some excellent points, but even if the Airdel never makes it into the game, it still would have been an great addition. As most of us have admitted, the Galaxy is no longer used extensively. So I see no reason why the devs should be so intent on preserving its status as the only air transport in the game if no one is going to bother piloting one. The devs should either 1) Fix the Gal or 2) Replace it with something similar but better. As it stands, the current Galaxy is benefitting no one, and I think most of us would like to see that changed.
Old 2004-02-21, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

give the gally a front mounted pilot fired 50 MM , change the other guns to 35 MM , make it a gunship again.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-21, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Uncle D, check your pms
Old 2004-02-21, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
GreyFox
First Sergeant

I don't know if the fact that the Galaxy is underused is an American issue or not. But on Werner I see it used all the time, and our outfit uses it alot aswell.

Altough, it's mostly in the initial stages of a continent invasion, we sometimes, and often use it throughout the entire invasion.

It's one of the best ways to take a tower, and facility alike.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion