I love it. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: From time to time, they actually do come in peace.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-21, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I love it.

I'm playin my VS character this evening and I'm going against the NC. They have a small squad of guys trying to blow the gen at a back of the line tech facility. They are not sticking together and are traveling around the base in 1's and 2's.

So I proceed to spank them wholesale with the Lasher. These guys leveled me half way from BR16 to BR17... LOL. After a while they gave up and a few of them sent me a /tell messages:

"I wish we had an uber weapon"

ROFLMAO!

That whole time not once did I really get a kill because of the changes to the Lasher... all my kills were med range and every fight was over in 10-15 shots. People crack me up.

And the "nerf" to the Jack cracks me up too... the only thing that went away was the quad shot which 1. was never supposed to work and 2. people only really started using it a few weeks ago... So again, gimme a freakin break.

When I use the Jack I use standard fire mode only... and it completely owns. So you got an ammo nerf and an exploitation trick removed... So? Deal with it.
Old 2004-02-21, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
easypickings
Corporal

people always complain when you kill them lots of times with out dieing,
it's not often some one says, " well done, your too good for me..."
it's always " this weapon, that weapon.." people most know by now that you need different tactics to combat different weapons....... or do they ?
Old 2004-02-21, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

/me shakes magic 8 ball

/me looks at the answer to the above question.

"My Sources say No."

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-02-21, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

It's quite possible it may be bugged. When you change 4 things in the code for one weapon all sorts of crap could happen.

I don't have a problem with the lasher buff; I have a problem with making 5 HA adjustments in one patch.

Things were fairly even to begin with aside from the population. When NC and VS both pop locked Cyssor or Hossin, there would be a stalemate for hours, with only 1, maybe 2, bases changing ownership. I mean, that's pretty balanced don't you think?

They should have added the new adjustments once every 2 weeks to see how each one fares and the player reaction to them individually.
Old 2004-02-21, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i hoep they are done wiht HA ajustments all these changes are annoying, becasue they could be doing other things that woudl be more benificial like new things in the game, and trying to get the framrates back up to the Post BP levels.

god how i long for 80+ fps in the sanc again.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-21, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

the lasher is overpowered for the simple fact that it is bugged. It is lashing through walls and behind you when you shoot it.
Old 2004-02-21, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yeah i just noticed that, otherwise it fine

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-22, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

dont get me wrong though this eneds to be fixed now. You just cant fight vanu right now.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion