Where did Facility Walls go? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-20, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Where did Facility Walls go?

From the images we saw at GDC it looked as though the Bio Lab and AMP station had very few walls, at least on the side Higby entered.

Here's a screenshot of his tank approaching (note the tower circled on the left)

Here's an image that TRay tweeted in October, showing the same Amp Station.

The Blue line is the path I believe Higby took in the facility. He approached the main central structure right by the struts and then hung a right and pushed toward the top side of the facility in the picture.

From this picture from few months back it looks like the same Amp station on Indar but it has a huge courtyard and big walls. But in the GDC video there are no walls or shield when Higby approaches. We didn't get to see the other side of the facility.

Some possibilities:

1) they could have removed the walls for the Demo to make it run more smoothly

2) they could be experimenting with facility design still and reworking the Amp station

3) perhaps the walls and gates are upgrades to the facility? Maybe you have to put resources into the facility to upgrade it to get the walls.

4) maybe it's a different amp station

All of these options are plausible, especially the first one. However, I think #3 might be the case also because you can see the tower-like structure in the above two pictures (I have it circled on both), I think that is the same structure, but there's no wall. If the structure is there maybe it's just a placeholder and new walls get constructed by some mechanism?

The pic from TRay showed a lot bigger base than the ones we saw in the GDC video. The Bio Lab in the GDC video also did not appear to have any walls. The Screenshots released around that time also showed no walls around the bio lab.

I wonder what's going on. I love the pic from the Mosquito showing that huge facility, but was a bit disappointed when the facilities seemed much smaller in the gameplay videos.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion