Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hmm, now where did I park my Vanguard?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-15, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Rolfski
Major

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

My observations so far. Many of them confirm my expectations but some came as a surprise:
  • Can't help it but I generally don't like the feel of the NC weapon arsenal, doesn't fit my play style I guess.
  • From all the carbines in the game I like the default VS Solstice most, followed by the TR LC3 Jaguar. These weapons seem for me to hit the sweet-spot between dps, controllability, accuracy and versatility.
  • For a mid to long range TR LMG I have a hard time to choose between TMG-50 (damage/accuracy) and T32 Bull (controllability), T16 Rhino didn't cut it for me in that role.
  • The high speed frame on the Prowler is surprisingly good, you got to love the increased acceleration and hill climbing.
  • For a main Prowler canon the HE is absolutely horrible in an anti armor role. The differences between Heat and AT canon are surprisingly small though, which makes Heat my preferred Prowler canon for now.
  • Maxed out Anchored mode on the Prowler increases the fire rate drastically, increased reload speed on the canons not so much.
  • For a secondary Prowler gun, the Vulcan absolutely rules in general versatility and damage. G30 Walker beats G40 Ranger as a dedicated anti-air gun, The Kobalt (only 100 certs) is a good poor man's AA gun. The Marauder is completely useless. Halbert is ok against hard targets only. The default Basilisk just kills too slow to be really effective against anything.
  • I'm still on the fence between Dogfighting and Hover airframe for the Mossy.
  • Slugs are surprisingly effective long range, giving the LA class a better long range capability.
  • From all the shotguns I like the semi auto's the most.
  • SMG's are better then I expected. I might end up actually using them on other classes besides the Infiltrator.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-03-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

The T5 AMC isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I still wouldn't buy it. I might consider buying the Jaguar (I really like the straight-up recoil) if they're not going to release a 167-damage carbine any time soon. All in all, though, I just hate the feel of TR carbines and can't hit shit with them. I haven't tried AC-X11 yet (I figure it's a Guass SAW clone, and I already love that) but I already know from my NC alt that I like the Mercenary way more than any TR carbine.

Last edited by Bocheezu; 2013-03-15 at 10:09 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
SMG's are better then I expected. I might end up actually using them on other classes besides the Infiltrator.
SMG HA is pretty fun.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-03-15, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Assist
Contributor
Major

The Mosquito is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Scythe and Reaver.
Prowler done right should be Vulcan, Heat, and Speed Racer mode. Not sure why more don't run this, that tank is ridiculous.
HEAT does far too much damage to armor and/or AP doesn't do enough to armor.
Haven't gone through all the NC guns yet, but I just don't like the TR guns. Fire rate is nice and all, but for me the NC just seem superior. Being able to do damage at range is such a huge difference from playing VS.
The Beamer is so bad compared to the other Pistols and the Manticore is still worse than the TR/NC Pistols.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
JesNC
Master Sergeant

- The Dogfighting Airframe on the Reaver fells soo much better than the Hover Airframe that I decided to dump 300 certs into a vehicle I don't use very much nowadays. I only miss the additional vertical thrust when doing nap-of-the-earth manouvers.

- The EM6 is extremely accurate on full auto, makes me wonder why I ditched it in favor of the GD-22s in December.

- The new Flash is interesting, but doesn't seem all that viable to me. Still waiting for buggies with rumble seats...

- Scattercannons /w Slug Ammo are bad, period. Even against immobile targets on the range they're extremely inaccurate.

- Testing Slug Ammo on various shotguns made me re-evaluate my Sweeper semi-auto shotgun - I'm now using it on my Engineer at close to medium range with Slugs, Laser Sight an 1x/2x Reflex.

- The Jackhammer on the other hand is a nice troll weapon, but is outclassed by the other HA primaries (LMG, common shotguns)

- The SMG remains a niche weapon, low bullet velocity/large damage drop make them subpar to all other automatic guns at ranges past 20m.

- IMPORTANT: AV MANA turret damage to tanks is based on missile vector on impact, NOT on the turret position in relation to the tank!

Still need to test:

- T-5 AMC/Razor carbines and Suppressors, seems like they might be a perfect match due to the high projectile speed.

- Rival vs Racer on the Vanny; Rival might be a good choice now that the tank doesn't suffer from low/non-existant torque anymore.

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-03-15 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
- The EM6 is extremely accurate on full auto, makes me wonder why I ditched it in favor of the GD-22s in December.
You don't like the Anchor?

Old 2013-03-15, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
CasualCat
Corporal

- IMPORTANT: AV MANA turret damage to tanks is based on missile vector on impact, NOT on the turret position in relation to the tank!
That's huge.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
You don't like the Anchor?
Don't play HA that much - got the EM6 with Alpha Squad and the GD-22s with certs back when the Anchor wasn't released yet. Haven't tested the Anchor at all tbh.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by CasualCat View Post
That's huge.
Don't play HA that much - got the EM6 with Alpha Squad and the GD-22s with certs back when the Anchor wasn't released yet. Haven't tested the Anchor at all tbh.
Check it out. I was die hard EM6 lover, Anchor looks better on paper, so been using since it came out. Been so long, not sure which is better.

Old 2013-03-15, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

The skyguard shreds armoured targets. It's too inaccurate to reliably kill infantry though.

The sirius smg can kill a MAX without reloading provided it gets all headshots (so not likely in combat)
Old 2013-03-15, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
The skyguard shreds armoured targets. It's too inaccurate to reliably kill infantry though.
You just have to get really close to them

Took on 3 HA at once with my skyguard yesterday and came out on top ^^

@EVILPIG: Gonna give the Anchor a go then, thanks for the tip
Old 2013-03-15, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

I immediately tried out all of the TR CM weapons and fell in love with the SABR-13, bought it as a result. It has great close to mid range accuracy on burst, good at long range on single. Got a 3.4x red dot, laser pointer and high velocity ammunition for the thing and it outperforms the Cycler TRV (my previous favourite CM primary) in any and all situations.
Also bought the second HEG after testing it out and finding that running around with what is basically a mobile mortar plattform is extremely neat.

Old 2013-03-15, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Prowler done right should be Vulcan, Heat, and Speed Racer mode. Not sure why more don't run this, that tank is ridiculous.
Haven't gone through all the NC guns yet, but I just don't like the TR guns. Fire rate is nice and all, but for me the NC just seem superior. Being able to do damage at range is such a huge difference from playing VS.
The Beamer is so bad compared to the other Pistols and the Manticore is still worse than the TR/NC Pistols.
In the previous patch the vulcan was nerfed, still powerful but with a reduced range.

I've heard that it's been buffed and if true it may well be worth revisiting it.

I normally run HEAT + Walker, hoping for all round capability.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Mietz
First Sergeant

New VR shock and revelation.

VR is more fun than the actual game itself.

Seriously though, game is still the same terrible mess as before, just with a few more bandaids.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
I think they may have stealth buffed the TR anti vehicle Pounder for the MAX.
Eh, if they gave it a Projectile Velocity increase or reduced the Gravity on it, then yeah...

...Still isn't worth buying in my opinion though...

Really?
I mean it might be a middle ground between the Scythe's air superiority maneuverability and the Reavers Ground Attack armoring, but you really think it's the best?

Because our factional special ability is to anchor into place...
If you are going to waste certs on the Racer Chassis and Station Cash on a gun, you might as well pull a Python HEAT Lightning.

And you wonder why we complain we don't have an Anti-tank MBT?

Indeed, I can never understand how the NC could whine so much on how our weapons are superior, unless they are all spray and pray noobs...

Eh, what can I say, TR Pistols kick ass!
Why do you think I want to duel wield them on a Light Assault?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion