Improvement: Additional voice macros - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you're out of ammo, try headbutting.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-10-19, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Additional voice macros

One big difference between afk animations and vehicle entry animations is that you only have to do one (or a couple, depending on female avatars and MAXes) animation, ever, for each idle animation you want to include. With a vehicle, you have to make at least one animation not only for every vehicle, but for every driver, gunner and passenger slot. Even if some animations can be largely copy-pasted from other slots, that's still a lot of work.

Even worse, you are pretty much saying to yourself that you have to do the same thing for every future vehicle you ever plan on including in the game. Obviously Planetside the first managed it, but for all we know the animations they plan for the final PS2 product are of a higher quality and would demand that much more work.

Maybe they will be able to release vehicle entry animations after launch and include them for all future vehicles, but it would be a huge commitment.

I think idle animations would be much more likely, although we still may not see them at launch.
Old 2011-10-20, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It will never happen, but I like the idea of AFK annimations....wish I had thought of it.

How about an AFK annimation which shows any AFK toon at a little slice of the counter of a long bar in an old western saloon, or on a picnic blanket, or at a little sidewalk cafe in Paris with a laptop on a small round table, or dancing with an imaginary partner.....just waiting to be put out of it's misery....something that begged a fellow player to walk up and shoot the AFK SOB in the back of the head.

I like the idea of buying custom voice macros - maybe put a limit of 3 uses per hour - so annoying custom voice spammage is NEVER an issue.
Old 2011-10-21, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Traak
Colonel

Max crash forming!

Last edited by Traak; 2011-10-21 at 07:12 AM.
Old 2011-10-21, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Raka Maru
Major

I'm not sure I like AFK animations. It's like, "hey come shoot me!"
Old 2011-10-21, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Seems appropriate given that going AFK is an open invitation to being shot.
Old 2011-10-22, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Seems appropriate given that going AFK is an open invitation to being shot.
In that case, AFK animations help the enemy. I don't think that was the intent, but you're correct.
Old 2011-10-22, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
In that case, AFK animations help the enemy. I don't think that was the intent, but you're correct.
I don't see a problem. Actually I don't even see that being correct. Standing still for an extended period will attract bullets, it doesn't matter if there's an animation of you checking your watch too.
Old 2011-10-22, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
I don't see a problem. Actually I don't even see that being correct. Standing still for an extended period will attract bullets, it doesn't matter if there's an animation of you checking your watch too.
It means that AFK animated guy will not run for cover or come after you if you shoot him. Can lead to bait tactics tho. I'm for it.
Old 2011-10-22, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Crator
Major General

^^^ Good point! And who cares if someone who's AFK gets killed. So they die and respawn at safe spot.
Old 2011-10-22, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Traak
Colonel

After dual-account cheaters/exploiters became a bit too rampant for my taste, I started looking at the guys who were AFK in the basement a bit differently. I noticed when they were dead, the enemy seemed to lose his miracle radar ability.
Old 2011-10-23, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
After dual-account cheaters/exploiters became a bit too rampant for my taste, I started looking at the guys who were AFK in the basement a bit differently. I noticed when they were dead, the enemy seemed to lose his miracle radar ability.
In that case case, it helps empire purge spies.
Old 2011-10-23, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
FIREk
Captain

I'm not sure I like AFK animations. It's like, "hey come shoot me!"
Not always. In my case it's "don't shoot this guy, it would be lame". If someone AFKs in open/contested territory, it's their own fault, but I don't like killing AFKers.
Old 2011-10-23, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
Not always. In my case it's "don't shoot this guy, it would be lame". If someone AFKs in open/contested territory, it's their own fault, but I don't like killing AFKers.
Haha, not everyone is as sporting.
Old 2011-10-24, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Traak
Colonel

Or as tolerant of suspected dual-empire scum.
Old 2011-11-03, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Big J Money
Private

"ENEMY SNIPER"
"WATCH FOR LANDMINES"
"WATCH FOR TURRETS"

These would also be nice:

"WE'VE BEEN SPOTTED"
"I'M PINNED DOWN"
"KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED" (good players know this, but it's still a good reminder, and some newbies tend to not even know to do this)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault