Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Video Forum

Old 2012-07-13, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Ratstomper
Major

Re: New Conglomerate Trailer (Fan Made)

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Yup got to love Fanboys, throw logic out cause we disagree with your side.
Got to love TR: Throw out generic, sweeping statements because our argument is indefensible.

Has anyone ever told you you debate like you shoot?
Old 2012-07-13, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Got to love TR: Throw out generic, sweeping statements because our argument is indefensible.

Has anyone ever told you you debate like you shoot?
What are you like 5? I am sorry but you actually make the NC look bad acting like this.
Old 2012-07-13, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
codylee
Private

i Want to Be Clear i didn't make the video, i saw it and Shared it because i liked it. i had nothing to do with making it i keep seeing people talk about How dare you attach that speech to this or telling me Great job on the video. again i didn't make this
Old 2012-07-13, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Atheosim
Captain

This thread sucks. Also, pie.
Old 2012-07-13, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Ratstomper
Major

What are you like 5? I am sorry but you actually make the NC look bad acting like this.
C'mon now. You're the one who originally said to drop your faction blindness, then started poking at NC in that ever so TR way...
Old 2012-07-13, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
C'mon now. You're the one who originally said to drop your faction blindness, then started poking at NC in that ever so TR way...
I was just trying to point out the speech hold deeper meaning, then that of ANY Video game, it was a bit insulting, Then you began to hit me with none stop Faction sided arguments, to the point I took my view point not one of a TR MINE as in how i see NC ((I see them as A jim Raynor kind of outfit of sorts nothing new but it works and depend a lot of taking tech from others to get things work)).

But even old jimmy would probably agree that speech is speaking out to stopping war, not fighting over who view point is more right.

And that TRULY what PS is which view point is correct for the person. For most other plays it will boil down to gun type and look.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Ratstomper
Major

I was just trying to point out the speech hold deeper meaning, then that of ANY Video game, it was a bit insulting, Then you began to hit me with none stop Faction sided arguments, to the point I took my view point not one of a TR MINE as in how i see NC ((I see them as A jim Raynor kind of outfit of sorts nothing new but it works and depend a lot of taking tech from others to get things work)).

But even old jimmy would probably agree that speech is speaking out to stopping war, not fighting over who view point is more right.

And that TRULY what PS is which view point is correct for the person. For most other plays it will boil down to gun type and look.
I'll hold my moral judgments, as it's only likely to start a real argument.

The video OP posted is how NC see things. It's a self-statement of the NC posted on a forum for the game it represents. Get over it, man. There's nothing wrong with it and it fits in the way it was used.

EDIT: Also, go back to your TR ivory tower where you perform violence and heavy-handed regulation on your civilians in the name of peace and security.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-13 at 10:29 PM.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Aberdash
Corporal

I was just trying to point out the speech hold deeper meaning, then that of ANY Video game, it was a bit insulting,
Who gives a shit? This is a gaming forum and I'm sure most of us aren't interested in having deep philosophical debates here.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Aberdash View Post
Who gives a shit? This is a gaming forum and I'm sure most of us aren't interested in having deep philosophical debates here.
We are not animals my friend, philosophy is a way to explore the larger world around us. To try and understand the very nature of knowledge, the reality we live in and perhaps a reason for our very existence. The speech done by Chaplin speaks to me and has tremendous meaning for me.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
We are not animals my friend, philosophy is a way to explore the larger world around us. To try and understand the very nature of knowledge, the reality we live in and perhaps a reason for our very existence. The speech done by Chaplin speaks to me and has tremendous meaning for me.
I agree and personally think the speech is very fitting.

However, philosophical discussions often turn into philosophical debates which usually turn into philosophical arguments. No one ever argued someone to see their point of view. Philosophy is very important on a personal level, but only in the right places between mature and consenting adults.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Braveliltoaster
Staff Sergeant

rewrote the NC speech

The New Conglomerate

We have lost the way, greed and power has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, and has pushed us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed but shut ourselves in, machinery that gives us abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical our cleverness hard and unkind, We think to much and feel to little, more than machinery we need humanity, More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. The lack of these qualities has made life violent and lost. Space travel and wormholes have brought us closer together, the very nature of these machines have brought out the goodness of man and preserving our existence. But millions of despairing men, woman, and children, victims of a system that make men torture and imprison innocent people. But do not despair, the misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed. The bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress, but their hatred for men will pass and Terran Republic dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people, and so long as men die liberty will never perish.

Soldiers! Don’t give yourselves to bruits, men who despise you and slave you, who regiment your lives, who tell you what to do what to think and what to feel, who drill you diet you and treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder! Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts, you don’t hate only the unloved hate, the unloved and unnatural. Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery, fight for liberty! We the New Conglomerate have the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! We the NC have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make auraxis a wonderful adventure! Then in the name of the conglomerate let us use this power, let us all UNITE! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world a world that would give us the future and security. By the promise of these things bruits have risen to power, they lie they do not fulfill their promise, they never will. The Republic free themselves but enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free this world, to do away with faction barriers, to do away with greed, hate and intolerance! Let us fight for a world of reason, where freedom will progress that will lead to all men’s happiness . Soldiers! In the name of the conglomerate LET US ALL UNITE!

-Charlie Chaplin
Old 2012-07-13, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Ratstomper
Major

Re: rewrote the NC speech

Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post

I feel like changing some of the nouns in the speech kinda made it more militant and self-serving than it should be. Most TR aren't evil, they're just misguided (as evidenced above). Changing "the people" to "the New Conglomerate" kinda underminds the whole thought, imo.

It's not just about NC freedom, it's about everyone's freedom.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

This thread is disgusting. I'm glad I don't have to interact with the NC players at all once the game launches.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
This thread is disgusting. I'm glad I don't have to interact with the NC players at all once the game launches.

Don't worry, you'll be interacting with our ballistics instead.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Aberdash
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
You wouldn't go to McDonalds expecting prime rib and a glass of chardonnay so why would you expect philosophical debates on the duality of the human race on a planetside forum?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Video Forum