News: Jackpot? New PTR Assets - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Explosions served daily.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Jackpot?

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i especially dislike the black camo!

we don´t need more camo that disables friend or foe awareness! we need more stuff like the tron fibres, with enough faction color to prevent friendly fire.
I can't tell you how many times I have been shot at or killed on my VS HA because I use Indar Dry Brush with the Levelcap logo on the shoulders. I have been mistaked for a NC HA a lot it seems. Even had a outfit mate telling me that the levelcap logo looks blue and yellow.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Here's the real question to ask, why does no military build tanks with off centre cannons since tank development of WW2? Because as a design choice it's ludicrous.
It might look cool but it directly effects the cannons aim because of it's central HUD targeting and cannon position is out of whack.
So no I can't stand Tron tanks, you can have the Tron lights on whatever you like but keep that shit away from practical weapon and vehicle design
Let's go ahead and say that it is a disadvantage of TR's archaic technology. Unlike the NC who just nanite-construct the ammo ready-fire, the TR must load the shells in from the center of the turret, pushing them into the firing mechanism from the side. While this is proving to be a disadvantage of their traditional technology, the TR advocate its continued use due to "more dakka".

lol really, give the prowler center-oriented guns.
give the NC center-oriented guns, too.
give the lightning center-oriented guns, too.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-30 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
What do you mean, referral program?

The only new systems I've heard were coming were the mission system, and gifting of Smedbux items... no referral program i ever heard of. Did I miss it?
There are decals that can be attained from, apparently, recruiting players as well as something called recruiter rank.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
There are decals that can be attained from, apparently, recruiting players as well as something called recruiter rank.
Huh. Something like in Tribes:Ascend, then?
(Sure tons of other F2P games have it, T:A is just the one I knew about first and I know most about)
Old 2013-05-30, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Huh. Something like in Tribes:Ascend, then?
(Sure tons of other F2P games have it, T:A is just the one I knew about first and I know most about)
Aye. Well that would be my guess anyway.
It's certainly one way to go about getting new players into the game.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-30, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Boildown
Sergeant

Wonder how long they have to sub for, for it to count.

As for me, its all about the Black_Crystalize_Camo.

Old 2013-05-30, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Rolfski
Major

I'm very wary about the upcoming referral program that is suggested in the names of some of those items. You're basically driving people into making 50 fake email accounts with this.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Zadexin
Corporal

If they are going to let us put tron effects on everything, I want my goddamn lightcycle

Also, my nostradamus machine predicts:

EVERYONE from every faction will now be wearing that black camo.

I don't usually say this about games, even ones I don't like, but it really appears that this game is going in the wrong direction and pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Old 2013-05-30, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
If they are going to let us put tron effects on everything, I want my goddamn lightcycle

Also, my nostradamus machine predicts:

EVERYONE from every faction will now be wearing that black camo.

I don't usually say this about games, even ones I don't like, but it really appears that this game is going in the wrong direction and pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Before the VS redesign I would agree that everyone would get black for night battles, but now VS default skins are a lot darker. Especially the infiltrator one. If a person plays VS only they may not even care.

You are probably right that NC and TR will pick up the black camo for night battles since they have been complaining about VS being the hardest to see at night for ages now.
Old 2013-05-30, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sifer2
Major

Yeah the Prowler either needs to get it's quad barrels or turret centralized one or the other. If this is a new weapon that's being added, and they didn't take the opportunity to fix it shame on them.

As for Black camo. I think it's a little lame but at the same time I guess it allows TR/NC to feel like VS at night. Personally I think I might start using that grey pixelated one.

What's the deal with the Missile Pods? How are they different from Rocket Pods? Are they separating them into AI/AV roles now?
Old 2013-05-30, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

Some very interesting stuff in there, lots of nice things. SOE Live decal as well.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-30, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
camycamera
Major

Threads like this usually get made after a PTS update, as enterprising players go through the game files and look for stuff that was added or changed.
oh, k, awesome!

am really excited about those new icons...
Old 2013-05-30, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hamma
PSU Admin

Looks like this originated from Reddit. I have no idea how to use that website. :P

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-30, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Looks like this originated from Reddit. I have no idea how to use that website. :P
Better not to try methinks. Many a brave and foolish men have been lost in those traitorous seas.

Old 2013-05-30, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Wybie
Private

As much as I love new cosmetics and weapon redesigns (long over due); it seems with every new iteration of them they jack up the price, old armor is 250sc, any bets that the new sets will be twice the price? Every new helmet they have brought out seems to get more and more expencive. I understand the game needs to make money, but I wish they would set there prices more solidly.

I suppose their just seeing how much people are willing to spend....I could probably rant about this for a while so il leave the rest alone

Last edited by Wybie; 2013-05-30 at 11:06 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion