Infiltration armor and shield - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <--- Insert penis here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by simba
when ur escaping ur running backwards, right? So the shield doesent defend u from back attacks? If it would it would b as good as regen if it woudlent take more stamina than regen.
Shield "heals" more damage than regen, but only in the form of blocking damage. One thing I actually forgot to mention, though: When you are reduced to 0 Stamina, you move at walking speed until you stop moving for a few seconds regen some Stamina. So using Shield may very well reduce you to walking speed, too.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
simba
Major

ok war were not talking much sense here, we r just repeating eachother, hard 2 understand eachother.
Shield is not good as infil unless ur in a bloody firefight against 1 guy low on hp.
Thankyou 4 the flamewar or whatever the name is.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

The personal shield eats stamina very quickly, I have been told.

Also, you have to activate both implants. Now, given that if someone sees me with DL, I probably won't have much time to react, I am going to need to get the fudge out of there -- activating 2 implants at once would make my tiny hardwired brain explode. With regen, once I get to safety, I can get back to 100% health.

Which is really the big issue as I see it. Health is all an inf has, and Regen will let you get back to 100%. Personal Shield is a temporary effect that will help you stay alive under fire longer -- but apparently not much longer, and besides, the stamina cost really seems to outweigh any benefits.

I will probably be playing my Inf character with one finger over Surge at all times, and in fact I will probably use it to get around as much as possible when there is no danger of being seen, since I can always stand perfectly still and regain stamina.
Old 2003-04-15, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
simba
Major

Originally posted by Warborn
Shield "heals" more damage than regen, but only in the form of blocking damage. One thing I actually forgot to mention, though: When you are reduced to 0 Stamina, you move at walking speed until you stop moving for a few seconds regen some Stamina. So using Shield may very well reduce you to walking speed, too.
nice, gg!
Old 2003-04-15, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
simba
Major

Originally posted by mr_luc
The personal shield eats stamina very quickly, I have been told.

Also, you have to activate both implants. Now, given that if someone sees me with DL, I probably won't have much time to react, I am going to need to get the fudge out of there -- activating 2 implants at once would make my tiny hardwired brain explode. With regen, once I get to safety, I can get back to 100% health.

Which is really the big issue as I see it. Health is all an inf has, and Regen will let you get back to 100%. Personal Shield is a temporary effect that will help you stay alive under fire longer -- but apparently not much longer, and besides, the stamina cost really seems to outweigh any benefits.

I will probably be playing my Inf character with one finger over Surge at all times, and in fact I will probably use it to get around as much as possible when there is no danger of being seen, since I can always stand perfectly still and regain stamina.
u dont have infinit amounts of stamina 4 regen either, u cant heal very much at all. And the enemy would prolly catch u up on ur way running from him.
CRAP. sorry
Old 2003-04-15, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
�io
Lieutenant General

Just FYI you can use a lot of implants "free of charge" if you're crouched and not moving. You stamina fills up more or less at the same rate as it is decreased.
Old 2003-04-15, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by simba
ok war were not talking much sense here, we r just repeating eachother, hard 2 understand eachother.
Shield is not good as infil unless ur in a bloody firefight against 1 guy low on hp.
Thankyou 4 the flamewar or whatever the name is.
Flame war? I can hardly understand you, let alone get into an actual argument with you.
Old 2003-04-15, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Deveral
Private

Warborn and Lessershade, you two seem (along with Dio) have been very helpful on this subject. Thank you for your info. I want to make a NC Inf and I was wondering would a MAG-Scatter or an AMP be better for an NC stealther? Which does more damage and what ranges do they become useless (close, medium, long)?
Old 2003-04-15, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
FliggenMan
Sergeant

the whole point of an infiltrator is not to be seen, so dont try to invent ways to escape when yer seen. chances are even if you used a shield to escape and then deactivated it to enable cloaking again, then the guy who you were up against would most likely warn his nearby squad members to activate darklight and there'd be no escape.
Old 2003-04-15, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Matuse
First Sergeant

hard 2 understand eachother.
Warborn speaks with great clarity.

You speak like an over-medicated 3 year old with delusions of dewdism. I hope for your sake that it is due to not being a native english speaker.

I will try and repeat his arguement as simply as possible:

1. Infiltrator have no armor, and die very easily when they get hit.

2. It is better to not be hit, than to absorb what hits you.

3. The shield implant REMOVES STEALTH when activated.

4. A good infiltrator is only going to be spotted by people using darklight.

5. Not everyone uses darklight, so not everyone will see you.

6. It is better to remain stealthed and use another implant (ie: Surge) than to become visible and expose yourself to ALL of the enemy, rather than just the darklighters.

7. The only time you would have the shield activated is if you were being hit (because of stamina drain, and to be invisible).

8. In the time it takes for you to turn on your shield to prevent damage, you are already dead.

Shield implant is BAD for infiltrators.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion