Artifacts - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We'll still be here after you hit the refresh buttom.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2004-04-08, 01:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kikinchikin

Old 2004-04-11, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

now i'm back at my OWN computer, i can write again!

oh, and, got it, TeN
Old 2004-04-16, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Chapter 3: Empire Population Lock

TeN approached the Orbital Beam emitter slowly, as the magnetic soles of the Repair MAX locked themselves to the surface of the Orbital Station. The beams continued to fire, and nanites danced around the emitter. TeN used his HUD to switch from a Nano Dispenser to a Laser Cutter.

As TeN approached the rear side of the emitter, RedZephyr came in over the communications system. "Intelligence reports the Vanu evacuated their Sanctuary! They're taking refuge in their locked continents."

TeN smiled at the news, and raised the Laser to start disconnecting the emitter. In his HUD, a warning came up.

Warning: Power Surge detected. Evacuate vicinity immediately!

TeN barely had the MAX Shield up, when the emitter exploded in his face. The charred MAX was sent drifting into space.

---

"Get them off me!"

"I'm trying, darn it!" Doop shouted back at the Deliverer's Driver, and focused on his targeting screen more. Bringing the forward gun around, he fired at a Terran Mosquito. The Deliverer hit a rock, and the Mosquito bounced out of Doops crosshairs.

Flying off a small hill, the Deliverer hit the Ishundar sand hard, and the suspension struggled to compensate. The Mosquito squadron pulled away, and Doop sighed in relief.

"Good job, there." The driver sounded relieved too, but continued to speed across the desert.

A Terran Marauder flew over a hill, and it's gunners started blasting at the Deliverer. 12mm Chaingun fire pinged against the purple armor, sending sparks flying everywhere. The Ground Pounder was having a harder time hitting; his grenades were exploding next to the Deliverer, but still causing heavy splash damage.

The left side of the Deliverer crumpled slightly, as a faulty grenade dented it before falling to the ground and exploding. Doop returned fire, doing more damage to the relatively weak buggy. A few stray bullets hit the Ground Pounder operator, piercing through his Agile Armor. He slumped over the controls of the launcher, sending swivelling upwards.

The cone-of-fire on the Deliverer was now big, sending bullets flying at random spots on the Marauder. The Marauders' remaining gunner had a better time, as he was firing in short bursts. He aimed at the Driver-side door on the Deliverer, and opened fire. The reinforced window smashed, and the driver ducked.

The Marauder fell back a little, and Doop pulled the lever to reload, before blasting the front of the buggy. The gunner on the Marauder scored a hit on the tire of the Deliverer, sending the back left corner of the transport sagging into the ground. Metal grinded against sand, and sparks flew.

Suddenly, the Marauder skidded to a stop, and fell out of the range of the Deliverer. "What'd they do that for?" Doop asked.

The driver looked out of his broken window, back at the halted buggy, before looking back forward. His eyes grew wide in surprise, and he slammed on the brakes.

The speeding Deliverer skidded to the left, and fell into a canyon. It hit the side of the canyon, and grinded against the wall. The twisted hunk of metal finally crashed against the floor, with the roof crushed in from the front.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Cool!
Old 2004-04-18, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheN00b
Colonel

OMG! Did I die?
Old 2004-04-18, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

didn't say you did, didn't say you didn't.

you'll find out
Old 2004-04-18, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

More!
Old 2004-04-22, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Chapter 4: Artifacts

Warning:
Warning:
Warning:
Warning:

Warning messages were appearing in TeN's HUD, but the actual warning was not being displayed. TeN groaned, and looked around. He was still in the Repair MAX, floating in space. He slowly turned the damaged MAX around, and tried to head back to the Orbital Station.

Static was coming in over the headset, and TeN assumed it had been damaged in the explosion. The was a small crack in the visor, but no air was escaping the suit.

Warning:
Warning:
Warning:

TeN tried to ignore the red text appearing two inches in front of his face. In the upper right corner, the text-based messaging system wasn't functioning either. RedZephyr was saying something over it, but the MAX Computer couldn't receive.

Warning:
Warning:
Warning:

TeN finally reached the station again, and located the airlock. He moved towards it, and it opened. He entered, and waited as the outer door closed again. There was a hiss, as the chamber repressurized, and the inner door opened in front.

As quickly as the suit would let him, TeN walked to a equipment terminal. He accessed it, and changed into his normal Yellow and Blue Agile Armor. The blinking warning messages disappeared. He checked his Health, and saw it was still at 100. He then tried to reach the control room again.

---

On Ishundar, Doop opened his eyes.

He saw he was still in the Deliverer, meaning he hadn't been killed on impact. The driver had not been so lucky; his section was completely smashed in. Doop wondered where the driver had respawned, and if they would send a rescue squad to him.

Doop tried to open the door on his gunner position. It wouldn't move. He kicked open the door, and it fell onto the ground with a clang.

Doop crawled out of the upside-down transport, and stood up. He looked up at the top of the canyon and cursed, seeing that he couldn't just climb out. He then walked around to the driver's side of the Deliverer, and attempted to pull open the door, or what remained of it. It gave way, and Doop threw it aside, reaching for the Driver's backpack.

He found a medkit inside, and used it, feeling the nanites healing his wounds. Feeling better, he looked inside again, but found nothing useful.

Doop put the backpack down, and started to walk.

---

It had been a day's long travel, but the Galaxy finally reached Tech Plant Eisa. Edd set it down inside the purple Force Dome, and all the refugees from the Sanctuary got out. Sloan watched as nearby, a Lodestar landed, and a AMS rolled out. The AMS deployed, and immediately, over 30 people spawned at once, all civilian.

Sloan looked back at the Tech Plant, which would become home to many civilians who had never even left the Sanctuary. Snow was starting to come down on Esamir, and covered all the vehicles with a thin blanket.

Edd powered down the Galaxy, and climbed out. He inspected it, and seeing nothing was wrong, he walked to the front door of Eisa.

---

In a remote location on Esamir, a group of ranking Vanu Scientists examined a strange object.

"I linked this to the Oribital Strikes that destroyed our Sanctuary a day ago." One of them said. "A squad that went down to the caverns discovered it near the Cavern Core."

"It is an odd artifact." Commented another. "We shall begin testing immediately."

---

Doop was getting tired, and checked his stamina. It had dropped to 1, but Doop continued to look through the Deliverer.

He had discovered his mini-map wasn't working, and neither was the main map. He had retraced his path back to the Deliverer, and started looking for salvageable materials. So far, he had nothing.

He checked his own inventory again, to make sure he hadn't missed anything. He found only ammo for his Lasher, and a REK, but nothing he could use to build a transmitter.

He sat down, frustrated, but heard a loud rumbling noise. The ground shook, and the Deliverer rocked slightly. Doop looked up, only to see the bright blue light from a Galaxy engine. He squinted, and faintly made out the Vanu Sovereignty Insignia painted on it.

The Galaxy turned around, and the cargo bay opened. A figure threw out a rope ladder, and Doop climbed up. The figure was a Soldier in Agile Armor, with a Pulsar on his back.

The cargo bay door closed, and the Galaxy flew off.
Old 2004-04-26, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Cool.
Old 2004-04-26, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NewCong. Marine
Cool!
Originally Posted by NewCong. Marine
Cool.
it's deja vu!
Old 2004-04-26, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

OMG! IT IS! Though.. I did use a different sentence ending..
Old 2004-04-26, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

true.

Old 2004-04-27, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
EarlyDawn
Major General

I like this story.
Old 2004-05-01, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

working on really long chapter...

but, it may not be up soon. if i don't finish it today, or by monday, it won't be up for a week (school trip to mexico).
Old 2004-05-01, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheN00b
Colonel

Kewl

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction