PSU: In Hamma we trust.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-19, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Why do you hate America so much?

What is it about freedom and personal liberty that makes you feel so threatened? Why do you attack our way of life? Will you not rest until America has fallen and its citizens are so afraid that they will roll over for dictatorship?

These are the questions I would like to ask the mysterious figures in the Justice Department who are pushing anti-american legislation and calling it patriotic. Since I can't ask them, I'll put my questions to our Bush Administration Fan Club. WTF is wrong with you that you would even think of the Patriot Act 2 as anything less than an outright attack on our constitution?
Old 2003-02-19, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

terrorist.
Old 2003-02-19, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Under the newest patriot act, you calling me a terrorist on some random web board is enough to make it true and subject me to mandatory DNA sampling for inclusion in the national database. The refusal to submit to said test comes with a year in federal prison and $100,000 fine.
Old 2003-02-19, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
archaic1128
Sergeant

Aye, the patriot act 2 is a very serious issue. Notice how the media is hush hush about it? God save us all if this thing passes.

Allthough i bet most people here don't have a clue what it is about. If you wnat to read some info on it heres the link.
http://www.infowars.com/print_patriotact2_analysis.htm

Last edited by archaic1128; 2003-02-19 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2003-02-19, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Airlift
Under the newest patriot act, you calling me a terrorist on some random web board is enough to make it true and subject me to mandatory DNA sampling for inclusion in the national database. The refusal to submit to said test comes with a year in federal prison and $100,000 fine.
You should just support our president in this time of war.

If all of these regulations save just one american, they are worth it.
Old 2003-02-19, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

It doesent matter what we say, bush said it himself a few weeks ago in regards to the recent peace demonstrations.

Our politicians are going to do what they think is right, regardless of what we say

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-19, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Actually, Hamma, he did not say he does not care what the protestors say. He did say he values their opinion, and respects the democratic right for them to disagree with him.

President Bush has to make decisions for the entire country, not just for the very few of this nation whom think war is not acceptable. I for one think his case is very weak. Think of it this way, when 65% (according to CBS poll, 2/18) of Americans want war and the rest don't; there's your two-thirds.

I think Bush said it best himself, "I don't make politcal decisions based upon minor demonstrations; that would be like making policy decisions based on a focus group." (Paraphrased)

Our elected leaders will do what they think is right based on intelligence we don't have. Our leaders are elected by us and are thus held accountable. Bush listens to other arugments; but he doesn't agree. Should we tear him down?

In a word,

No.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-02-19, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Even the first patriot act had to be reconfirmed 5 years after its passage or it would expire. It's like they were saying "Yeah, we know this shit is illegal and it hurts America, but if you don't like it later we'll stop." Not only does the Patriot Act 2 not include any such provision, but it specifically removes that clause from the first anti-freedom act. So instead we get to hear "Hell yeah we know it's illegal. Fuckoff, we're doing it anyway."
Old 2003-02-19, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

First off, that infowars.com "news"site seemed intent on making the act seem worse than it may indeed be. Such sides have a persuasive air, which is counterproductive. I would rather the site provide the facts; and only facts with no personal intepretation.

You can read the proposed act in its entirity at this address; After reading, I suggest you from your own opinions:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c108n1e3Ri::

While this can be a radical and some might say intrusive peice of legislation, I can only hope we as a nation keep an open mind to new protective measures as we face unprecendented threats and attacks from new enemies and in new ways.

I am not saying I support the legislation, nor am I saying I am against it. I myself have not read the text in its entirity (very long you know, and the computer screen hurts my eyes after a while). Before we know all the facts, let's keep an open mind.

When some tell you only what they want to tell you and in a way that is twisted, the information cannot be acceptable. Any taint of persuasion discovered in an article shows the author had a purpose other than reporting.

Read that text. Think on it. Decide for yourselves.

I'll do the same.

My two cents,

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-02-19, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Our elected leaders will do what they think is right based on intelligence we don't have. Our leaders are elected by us and are thus held accountable. Bush listens to other arugments; but he doesn't agree.
Shenannigans! We don't have the intelligence only because those fuckers roundly dismiss the legal and constitutional requests made by watchdog groups and the media for information. In case you forgot about that little piece of legislature called the Freedom of Information Act.

Now with the Patriot Act 2 (which will be quickly rammed through once the war starts), more open-ended survielance powers are being handed over while simultaneously deconstructing the checks and balances mandated by the very nature of our government.

Bush claims to listen to opposing arguments, but his administration proceeds with their course without even breaking stride. Afterall, war gives us a perfect excuse to push a $300 billion dollar budget deficit. It also draws all attention away from the myriad of domestic issues that will not be addressed in this term. Further, it gives us the perfect place to test our EMP bombs and the rest of our efficiency advancements over the first gulf war. I mean, who has time to investigate government and corporate graft when we're all out scrambling for duct tape and plastic sheeting so we can be safe if Iraq launches its fleet of missile-bearing unmarked pleasure boats.
Old 2003-02-19, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Here, try an additional analysis of the law on the table: http://writ.news.findlaw.com/ramasastry/20030217.html
Old 2003-02-19, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

Findlaw is just another tool of the liberal media.
Old 2003-02-19, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
archaic1128
Sergeant

First off, that infowars.com "news"site seemed intent on making the act seem worse than it may indeed be.

First, how can you say this with a straight face? Everything about this completely goes againt our CONSTITUTION.

You can read the proposed act in its entirity at this address; After reading, I suggest you from your own opinions:

I have done more article reading on this subject than you can shake a stick at. Don't give me your Fukin BS about forming my own opinion.

If you even think that for 1 second this government will not abuse this you are exactly what they want, a SHEEPLE. Grow some balls and learn the CONSTITUTION so you are able to defend our GOD given RIGHTS, what little we have left anyways.
Old 2003-02-19, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hijinks
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by archaic1128
[B]Grow some balls and learn the CONSTITUTION so you are able to defend our GOD given RIGHTS, what little we have left anyways.
The constitution is old and out-dated. Do you think Thomas Jefferson could have imagined 767 jets being used as missles? The constitution is not worth the life of even ONE soccermom.

mmm soccermoms.
Old 2003-02-19, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Is this not the hight of hipocracy?

These fucking hippies support politicians when they trample all over my rights with Afirmitive Action, and Political Correctness, but the second someone wants to start keeping tabs on their Anti-American protesting asses you scream bloody murder.

Wake the fuck up. This shit has been happening slowly for many, many years and not one of you wanted to do anything to stop it. It was ok when they stomped on my rights, but now that they are after yours your starting to worry.

I hope they put every last one of those hippie fucks on the watch list.

Just like the old saying

When they came for the blacks I did nothing
When they came for the **** I did nothing
When they came for the ******* I did nothing
and when they came for me...there was no one left to do anything.

Yep this sucks all right. Thanks alot.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge