Planning a NC color Theme'd computer - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how do I turn god-mode on?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-04, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Planning a NC color Theme'd computer

EDIT: System build details and case image on Post #9

So here in the coming months I intend to build my self a new computer. I dont know exactly what is going in to it yet hardware wise, but I plan to do a LGA 2011 build. As for the colors, this is going to be tough but I want to do the case in a nice shade of blue with some yellow highlights here and there.

The cables inside the PC are going to be mixed blue and yellow on all components.

The fans and lighting in the case are going to also be a mix of blue and yellow LED's.

As I start getting parts in, start modding the case and getting everything going I will start posting pictures on this thread.

As you guessed the theme for this is indeed The New Conglomerate. At some point ill be trying to put a big NC decal on the side of it or somewhere that feels appropriate.

Hope yall look forward to seeing this idea come to life.

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-04 at 08:37 PM.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Re: Planning a NC color Theme'd computer

I think this thread is about to become "Higby Approved." Nicely done.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Synapses
Sergeant Major

What I cant decide is if I should use my REALLY nice mountainmods Ascension case thats black and use Blue LED's and just do all the cables in Yellow? Or what, its a really hard decision without being able to physically see what it would look like when its all done.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

Old 2012-03-04, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

This is just so wrong on every level.
Old 2012-03-04, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eighm
Sergeant

Go with a yellow case. Chicks dig the yellow case.

*edit*

My 5-minute photoshop job.

Last edited by Eighm; 2012-03-04 at 07:15 PM.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I just finished building my rig for GW2/PS2 using that Antec Lanboy Air Case. Its a monster of a case if you like a modular full tower. I did a hybrid water cooled cpu and air cooled GPU/Case. 8 fans in total and it still very very quiet. You can also find that case where the metal frame is blue and all the panels are black. you just need to add the yellow.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Alduron
Sergeant

I actually have that exact case. All of the parts inside are color matched (with 1 exception) and I even put blue zip-ties in it.

I like the case. It's does the job really well and stays pretty quiet for being open-air. I'd go with a different case if you plan to put a decal on it, though.

Old 2012-03-04, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Ald thats pretty sick man. You even got the blue and yellow back room lights I was planning to do as well =)

That looks like a cool case, but I am going to go with something more like the Ascension case from Mountainmods.com. Its a bit over kill I know, but I like my PC's to have a lot of space to get air in and out and breath. My current case is a HAF 932. I love it but I cant really customize the inside of my PC and have people be able to see inside.

I really cant decide between a red and black mix or a blue and yellow mix. NO the red and black isnt because of TR, I just honestly like the colors for computers. I really am trying to get a feel for how the inside would work out in blue and yellow cords/lights. This is a tough decision honestly. And largely because this will be my first custom PC with LED's, Colored Fans, sleeving cored's and wire's in to colored sleeving. It going to be rough but fun hopefully.

This system is going to have something like:
Ram: 12-24 gigs
CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.3GHz
Case: Mountainmods Ascension
HDD: Solid state 256 gig
GPU: 2x EVGA Nvidia Geforce 570 GTX Superlocked
Mobo: Undecided (Any help there would be cool for a future proof system LGA2011)

This is just a rough ballpark of what I am thinking. Not sure on exact RAM size, brand, or speed. I cannot decide on the brand of SSD either.

I plan to have the 6 fans in the front of the case colored with or without LED's to match the rest of the system. If I could get the Ascension in say blue I would do NC for sure but it only comes in silver or black.

I am still deciding on fan cooled or liquid. I don't do any overclocking so it would just be more of a "look at my sick system" look as well as just a security or my mind on hardware temps.

The rough estimate of this system (still debating on that proc or the next lower one) is about: $2500 after purchasing all the fans, acccesories and colored cable sleeving/cables.

EDIT: As you can see there is a window on the right side, there is one on the left, and one up top that can be various different shapes. I could even have the windows colored to blue, but I doubt ill do that. I might see if I can replace one side of the drive space up front with another window for a front view inside.

Also, what about maybe doing all the fans in blue LED? and just adding in some other LED cord lights that are yellow?

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-04 at 09:03 PM.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Synapses
Sergeant Major

My 5-minute photoshop job.

My girl who generally supports my horrible gaming addiction, as its hers too, says the yellow case just doesn't fly. I have to agree. I like having a black case and just having a lot of windows, lights, and fans.

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-04 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2012-03-04, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
My girl who generally supports my horrible gaming addiction, as its hers too, says the yellow case just doesn't fly. I have to agree.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...d_best_pc_ever

How about now?
Old 2012-03-04, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Personally that thing is sexy as hell. But she says "just yellow. i don't like the big yellow case lol "
Old 2012-03-04, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vancha
Colonel

Fair enough. Just don't go red and black; it's so boring.

Are you going to try and colour-coordinate your components too? Off the top of my head, you could have MSI Mobo (black+blue), or I also just came across the Asus C1X79, but it doesn't seem to have made it to production.

Sapphire uses blue PCBs for their GPUs and Kingston makes blue RAM (again, not sure if anyone makes yellow RAM).
Old 2012-03-04, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Fair enough. Just don't go red and black; it's so boring.

Are you going to try and colour-coordinate your components too? Off the top of my head, you could have MSI Mobo (black+blue), or I also just came across the Asus C1X79, but it doesn't seem to have made it to production.

Sapphire uses blue PCBs for their GPUs and Kingston makes blue RAM (again, not sure if anyone makes yellow RAM).
Thats the hard part is finding stuff thats going to match component wise haha. I may not really worry about it too much as long as can get some yellow string LED lights to line the case with. Any suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: BTW, that computer you linked is so hawt man. Like I am actually looking at the PSU and other stuff in it now. I just cant believe the price was 12k, thats just silly. But when you have 3 GPU's and 3 monitors that price is going to go sky high.
Old 2012-03-04, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Synapses
Sergeant Major

So after looking around the internet to see if I can find any blue silk sleeved color extensions for cords... No luck. It seems red and white are made my NZXT but no luck on blue or yellow. So if I cant find those then its back to the red theme. Bugger.

If anyone knows where to find said blue sleeved cable extensions feel free to share, otherwise this masterpiece is going to have to be red and black.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion