Players collision with ennemy as to come back ! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: �
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-23, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Lightbulb Players collision with ennemy as to come back !

Players collision feature as been remove due to the Spawn dead thing back into the beta where some AFK dude or troll was basically camping the spawn tube and as soon as other player re spawn they were dying by bumping against the ceiling of the tube !

BUT WHY HAVING REMOOVE THE ENNEMY PLAYERS COLLISION AS WELL ?

So i think friendly players collision should be avoided for some obvious reason , troll blocking doorway into the warp gates etc..

But having players collision with enemy is really important and ATM this as been exploits a lots , infiltrator and make their way trough into your own ally so you cant shoot at them unless you shoot trough your ally , this is a issue but also the shotguns players who run trough you and shoot you in the back , or while you knife someones and the hit wont register properly because your arms pass trough hes body,all this because you have no players collision

I think thats a issue that have lasted for to long

Last edited by Stew; 2013-05-23 at 06:12 AM.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Re: Players collision with ennemy as to come back !

Done trolling the OF so you come here?

Someone get the Stew360 Translator. PRONTO!
Old 2013-05-23, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post

iam everywhere and this is a important feature that need to be look into
Old 2013-05-23, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

I would like to understand... I really would.. but I have no idea what you are saying.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
I would like to understand... I really would.. but I have no idea what you are saying.
You know whats vehicules collision are ?

when two vehicles meet they cannot go through one Another,like they were ghost or something , they will be stopped, this is the same thing but with infantry
Old 2013-05-23, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Players collision feature as been remove due to the Spawn dead thing back into the beta where some AFK dude or troll was basically camping the spawn tube and as soon as other player re spawn they were dying by bumping against the ceiling of the tube !

BUT WHY HAVING REMOOVE THE ENNEMY PLAYERS COLLISION AS WELL ?

So i think friendly players collision should be avoided for some obvious reason , troll blocking doorway into the warp gates etc..

But having players collision with enemy is really important and ATM this as been exploits a lots , infiltrator and make their way trough into your own ally so you cant shoot at them unless you shoot trough your ally , this is a issue but also the shotguns players who run trough you and shoot you in the back , or while you knife someones and the hit wont register properly because your arms pass trough hes body,all this because you have no players collision

I think thats a issue that have lasted for to long
Hello,

As you all know, play collision was removed during the beta. One of the reasons it was removed was due to it being abused by griefers. One example of this would be; using bodies to block the doorways and prevent people from exiting/entering.

I sat, for many hours, wondering the universe when it came to me..

Why have they disabled Enemy Collision detection? (causing lag issues)

It is very important to have enemy collision back, because without it, it allows players to run through your avatar and create a backpacking lag effect. This effect has players warp around and kill you while they are inside of your character, this is especially bad with shotguns. This makes me a sad camper, and i don't wanna be sad no more mom. So, lets say yes to not allowing people to run through you, and say no to sadness.

So, please put enemy collision back in, but leave friendly collision out to counter-act griefing, you can even say it was my idea!

Translated!
Old 2013-05-23, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
You know whats vehicules collision are ?

when two vehicles meet they cannot go through one Another,like they were ghost or something , they will be stopped, this is the same thing but with infantry
I get that, Im just trying to get my brain around the atrocious grammar and spelling that is making your posts burn my eyes. Seriously, if english is not your first language then I apologise...

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-05-23 at 01:55 AM.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

I've never understood why player collision was removed, the potential griefing problems seem like they'd be fixed by just allowing some limited physics interaction so you can push people out of your way if they're blocking you.

But as the OP says, making it enemy-only would remove all griefing problems at a stroke - so one way or another it should be possible, and would improve the game greatly.

Old 2013-05-23, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Chewy
Major

A VS told me that he couldn't clip into the new NC MAXes shield. Granted I haven't tested this yet but I have have many dead enemy bodies be solid things where I had to walk around.

I tend to not last long enough to test such things as a fleshy and don't think to test such things when getting shot as a MAX. But recall having a lot of enemies stop when they run into me as a MAX. Might be the standard "oh shit" reaction for me being NC though.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Falcon_br
Captain

As I said on the other topic, it that was the source of all the lag we were having on big battles, I am ok with it going away until we can find a solution for it.
Also, collision with dead enemies was stupid, it was bad to move into a room You just cleaned with all those corpses blocking your way inside.
Until now I haven't notice the comeback of the light assault with shotguns flying inside your max, so they can hit you, but you can't hit them, but maybe because they didn't realize yet the the collision is off.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-23, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
A VS told me that he couldn't clip into the new NC MAXes shield. Granted I haven't tested this yet but I have have many dead enemy bodies be solid things where I had to walk around.

I tend to not last long enough to test such things as a fleshy and don't think to test such things when getting shot as a MAX. But recall having a lot of enemies stop when they run into me as a MAX. Might be the standard "oh shit" reaction for me being NC though.
the dead body wont be solid and should not ,the players collision must aplied only when the players are alive lol

i ask for colision while the players are alive did you play the beta ?

Last edited by Stew; 2013-05-23 at 02:35 AM.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Chewy
Major

Yes I was in Beta, and I had dead bodies block be everyday almost. Didn't happen today but yesterday I had at lest one. It isn't for every dead man but a few do and last week if I remember right one blocked a door until he respawned.

I agree that living enemy collision should be ingame. I need stuff like that if I have to use melee. Without collision I either whiff or go to deep for a melee to land. I just retold what I was told that the new NC shield could block enemies. I can't confirm it though, but seems so from my time today as a NC MAX.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Canaris
Contributor
General

as long as it kept to just living enemy vs enemy collision it could work without having the same side griefing trouble.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-23 at 03:00 AM.
Old 2013-05-23, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I'm with Falcon on this. As soon as they have found a way to bring it back without causing lag, didn't know that was the reason behind removing it, then they should bring it back ASAP. PS2 needs collision with enemy players, imo.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
camycamera
Major

i think that MAXes should only have player collision, ally or enemy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion