Galaxy Gunship - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote is under construction.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2013-01-31, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Galaxy Gunship

Hey guys, was browsing an old Planetside wiki and found a Galaxy gunship. Personally, I hate the liberator, I'd much prefer this gunship variant of the galaxy, though not done the same way as what I saw from videos on youtube and the wiki. I'd prefer it to be more akin to the Specter gunship that the US military uses today. Have all the guns be on one side, and have a range of weapons it can mount in 3 or 4 slots, but limit the heavy guns like the zepher and dalton to a single slot. Say the zepher, dalton, bulldog, tank buster and maybe some other stuff. So limit it to fewer guns than before, line them up on the one side, have no transport capacity, but still be a flying tank. Thoughts? Who doesn't like the idea of this guy?
Old 2013-01-31, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Galaxy Gunship

The Gal Gunship when it was added to PS1 was extremely powerful. I'm sure we will see some sort of role for the current gal similar to the gunship someday.
Old 2013-02-01, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rothnang
Major

Right now the biggest problem with using the Galaxy as a gunship is that its weapon arcs have so little overlap. If they pushed the side guns a little further out and gave them 270° movement front to back so that they would have overlap in front, bottom, top and back of the Galaxy the current Galaxy would already be MUCH better as a gunship, and a heck of a lot less boring to use for the gunners.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
The Gal Gunship when it was added to PS1 was extremely powerful. I'm sure we will see some sort of role for the current gal similar to the gunship someday.
I really hope so
Old 2013-02-02, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Or have its flight pattern and look changed a bit. Have the role changed to somewhat like the C-130 Hercules cargo plane. It would have the option of two main roles:

1: Transport. Extra seats for more troops, heavily increased armor, and absolutely no gunner seats whatsoever (which will require coordinated fighter transports), add the ability t transport vehicles at the sacrifice of troop seats,and have the speed drop depending on what is being transported.

2: Gunship. Eliminate transporting capabilities completely. Add gunner seats on the top,bottom,rear and front,and then strictly left or right side only. On the bottom,top,rear, and front seats,strictly anti-air guns.on the side seats, heavy guns only. But much like the Spectre Gunship. An anti-everything gun (approx. 1,000 certs), a multi-purpose gun (approx. 700 certs), and a more advanced infantry gun (approx. 500 certs).

3: No multi-purpose role. No transporting & gunshipncapabilities allowed at the same time. But allow for cert trees for transport and cert trees for gunship. And allow the ability to have a transport load out and a gunship load out to be selected.

Sound good? Anyone wanna add or remove anything?

Edit: grammar.

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-02-02 at 11:37 PM.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brogan
Private

Just make sure that the "anti everything gun" is not a "one click I win" gun. Plus, what would set it apart from the liberator? (besides more explosions)
Old 2013-02-04, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Brogan View Post
Just make sure that the "anti everything gun" is not a "one click I win" gun. Plus, what would set it apart from the liberator? (besides more explosions)
Well do you remember back in the CoD game that first launched on the 360? I think it might have been Modern Warfare... where you get to be the gunner of the Spectre? Think of the biggest gun you use on that mission. except just a little less powerful to where it would take 1 hit to kill infantry, but more so of 2-4 hits to kill tanks and maybe 5-6 hits to kill a Sunderer?

Oh and by the way, I posted a thread very similar to this one in the "Planetside 2 Discussions" section of the forum so it would get more activity and attention. I'll post the link in the edit.

Edit: Here's the link to the thread i posted:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=52565

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-02-04 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2013-02-04, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Figment
Lieutenant General

This is what would happen, but worse, since EVERYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM UNDER THE CURRENT CERTIFICATION RULES.

Why do people when posting an idea completely ignore context, balance and numerical abuse?

It's mindnumbing how well players can be at making suggestions that would completely ruin everyone else's gameplay, just because they're obsessed by drooling over their own pwnage concepts.

Compare to the teamwork required for bombers (and while add it, compare to Liberator gunships), btw:

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-04 at 09:28 AM.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Need better anti-air option before doing something like this anyway. The rocket launchers need to be buffed a bit, rather than just being a "deterrent". We need some sort of ground based anti-air that is better than simply being a nuisance. Aircraft are just ridiculous right now, especially in any sort of numbers. If there's a reliable way to bring them down from the ground then I feel the gunship would be fine.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SGOniell
First Sergeant

perhaps extensive certifications and expensive weapons would be a good idea though
Old 2013-02-06, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Reaver
Private

All they need to do to properly pull off the gal gunship is to add the shredder to the side of one. It wont need a health buff or anything, and they should definitely not add anything like a dalton or zephyr. Make it cost 1000 certs minimum.
Old 2013-02-07, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
All they need to do to properly pull off the gal gunship is to add the shredder to the side of one. It wont need a health buff or anything, and they should definitely not add anything like a dalton or zephyr. Make it cost 1000 certs minimum.
This actually makes sense. Maybe just have the regular ammo for the shredder, but also have the option to cert into incendiary round,or high explosive ammo for it? And maybe instead of on the side of the galaxy, have it on the belly.to prevent the anti-air usage and complaining that it's too OP.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault