Systems: Flags - Territory control system - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your g/f doesn't play it, nothing will!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-10-15, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Flags - Territory control system

Story goes I was reading a thread and someone mentioned flags as an appearance options, and my mind immediately jumped to this video:

We see the Space Marine at the end planting the flag; then reinforcements sweep in.

What if Planetside 2 had a similar system? We know that different parts of the terrain will be captured in different ways; control of a facility, tower or bunker will depend on who owns it, and that process will take a differing amount of time depending on the surrounding territories. Territories without any of these three structures we don't know exactly how the capture process will happen.

With flags a player could increase the influence their team has over a territory; reducing capture time but giving the enemy a clear target to capture/destroy to help them take/defend the territory. Now the flags could have to be planted in a set location in a territory, or perhaps anywhere but their location would be visible to enemy forces. Only one flag could be planted in any territory at a time, from any faction.

Customisation wise flags would have to have the colours and logo of the faction on them, but outfits could have their logos on them.

Story wise you could have the flags being some kind of interference generators that disrupt enemy capture processes... whatever really.

Last edited by DviddLeff; 2011-10-15 at 04:48 AM.
Old 2011-10-15, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Flags - Territory control system

Flags are fun. Nice ideas.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-10-15 at 03:40 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault