Nanite Collection Killstreak - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching. Think happy thoughts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-03, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Nanite Collection Killstreak

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
How did killstreaks get wittled down to these three possibilities?

Anyone want to try coming up with some killstreak rewards that would improve gameplay?
Because that's what the discussion is about as of now. Giving people an ammo refill, shield boost, armor repair etc gives the already good player an even higher advantage over the rest of the pack.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

I like the idea of modest rewards for killstreaks. I'd also like to see "support streaks" for pilots that rack up a certain number of Galaxy-spawns or engineers that place turrets in devious/tactical places.
Old 2012-04-03, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
Because that's what the discussion is about as of now. Giving people an ammo refill, shield boost, armor repair etc gives the already good player an even higher advantage over the rest of the pack.
Well...yes, that conclusion had been reached, so surely the natural response to that is to then try and think of better kill-streak rewards, no?

I mean, I assume you'd agree that's it's not exactly productive to take one specific implementation of a concept with such numerous possibilities and just have a string of people going "nope" and then buggering off?

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-04-03 at 03:58 PM.
Old 2012-04-03, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kilmoran
Staff Sergeant

Not a kill streak fan. Too many things can cause kill streaks and it is too specifically oriented around killng instead of team play.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Purple
Sergeant Major

ya thats what we need. a bunch of people who wont go through a door because they are 1 kill away from a kill streak and dont want to die.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Well...yes, that conclusion had been reached, so surely the natural response to that is to then try and think of better kill-streak rewards, no?
If you have suggestions then I promise that at least I'll listen to them.
Old 2012-04-04, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Bonius
Sergeant

I mean, I assume you'd agree that's it's not exactly productive to take one specific implementation of a concept with such numerous possibilities and just have a string of people going "nope" and then buggering off?
I already gave an example in a reward in the form of a badge/pin. Gameplay enhancers are in essence boosters, wich to me doesn't seem viable at all. The only killstreak reward I would deem remotely fair would be in the form of XP/resource rewards and above mentioned pins/badges.
Old 2012-04-04, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Felkine
Private

No. Killstreaks inspire individuality and greediness which is the last thing a game based on teamplay and strategy needs.
Old 2012-04-06, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zekeen
Major

Killstreaks reward the better to give more pain to the lesser. This is an MMO, you don't wanna give unnecessary edge to anyone for such reasons. If you kill 5 people, you shouldn't be rewarded with the ability to kill the next 5 easier. With minor rewards, you're also breaching various points of the game - Ammo supply, Lore, ect. It just doesn't fit in PS, and I don't see any way it could.
Old 2012-04-07, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TOCS
Private

Killstreaks doesn't benefit your team, and does provide for a lot of problems like camping, not playing the objective and stats whoring.

It's a feature that belongs to arena and arcade shooters. Keep it at that.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault