Gameplay: Command Car - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Overusing emoteicons since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-10, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Command Car

I like the new beast of an armored car we just found out about...

Would be nice if it had some side-grade functionality as a "command car" of sorts. I dont think we have anything that would be a true command car... I suppose a Galaxy, or Sunderer could suffice...

However... I am thinking that the command tree is going to suck up a lot of cert slots, might be nice to get a command car with special functions to go with it... Not to mention, disruption of command and control is a valid tactic. Perhaps, if some high level functions require a command car, this beast could be the focus of another tactical option, for friend and foe.

It may have a different purpose, but it could be multi-functional...

PS: Have not seen this suggested...

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-04-10 at 03:23 PM.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Command Car

isent any car a commander in a command car?
Old 2012-04-11, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
isent any car a commander in a command car?
No. Try these to see what I mean...

http://www.armyrecognition.com/unite...scription.html
http://www.warwheels.net/BTR60PUindex.html

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-04-11 at 03:54 AM.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I now think that ANY vehicle should be able to have a command function, by sacrificing a weapon for a command uplink. The commander can then use that position to access command tools, from the ones we were familiar with in PS to new ones that I detail here, where relevant for PS2.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I now think that ANY vehicle should be able to have a command function, by sacrificing a weapon for a command uplink. The commander can then use that position to access command tools, from the ones we were familiar with in PS to new ones that I detail here, where relevant for PS2.

Only exceptions I could see would be ATVs
Old 2012-04-11, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I think I would prefer a single vehicle only, like this new one. Galaxies, and other stuff cost quite a bit of resources, and the "commanders" will pressure the system (in many ways...), by always wanting to "roll" in the most e-peen Galaxy command ship...

Thats just one example of the many things I can see go wrong with allowing any vehicle to do this. To me its no different than allowing any vehicle to be "certed" for spawning, or "certed" for vehicular repair, or "certed" for equipment terminals. My use of "certed" being the equivalent to "sacrificing a weapon for a...".

My interpretation of their implementation is to allow very special fuctions like spawn, repair, equip. terminals, to be married to a particular vehicle. Personally, I think my idea falls into this category. The vehicle system sorta mirrors the class system, in that there are limitations, and trade offs, as should be the case here.

Again, just my opinion.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
moosepoop
Captain

so maybe for weapon loadouts you can choose a radar dish replacement.

but whats the point of a command turret? cant a commander issue orders from the world map?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault