PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We stole Spock's brain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements

Old 2012-03-14, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kipper
Captain

Planetside-Stats.com - Any ideas anyone?

So I set up this website and put in some 'what we know' content on vehicles and weapons.

Since nobody yet knows what sort of stats they're going to put out or when that might be - I'm looking for ideas on how to move the website forward whilst we're all waiting.

Has anyone got any thoughts?

Couple of ideas from me:

1. Ability to sign up and log in ready to access your personal data when it becomes available - who'd use that? (Logging in would add your name to your empire roster if nothing else)

2. (In addition to 1.) ability to create your outfits, join outfits that have been created, do some basic outfit management and get your own 'page' ready (like my other site potbs-companion.net with 'societies' in that game). Would anyone use that right now? What would go on an outfit page until stats are out?

3. Forum banners to show off your allegiance or just push PS2 on other forums you use - again, can't add any dynamic stats or anything yet. Would anyone use those? Is anyone artistically minded enough to help me do the artwork? (I'm a developer/coder, not a crayon-wielder).

Anything else while we're waiting?
Old 2012-03-14, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NCLynx
Major

Re: Planetside-Stats.com - Any ideas anyone?

I'd say go Kills, Deaths, Revenges, Dominations, and Facilities Captured. Also I liked all 3 ideas of yours.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

In order Yes, Meh, YES! Possibly off topic but, I wish they would add "Average base capture time", and "Longest base defense" to the stats list.

Last edited by Biohazard; 2012-03-14 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Loadouts?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kipper
Captain

I can't yet put any info on there that we don't know.... I'll no doubt come asking what everyone wants out of the stats/game data when the stats/game data becomes available and we know what they're publishing and what they're not.

Right now I'm looking for stuff that I can put in - that people would get some use from - that doesn't rely on information we don't have.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Right now I'm looking for stuff that I can put in - that people would get some use from - that doesn't rely on information we don't have.
In that case, some outfit promotions maybe?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

It would also be nice to have the stats broken down by class you were playing when that stat happened.

e.g. Tanks destroyed while playing medic would be somewhat rare. Light assault might have different death related ratios than heavy assault due to lower health, etc...

Would be nice to have stats per spawn but total would also be fun:
Healed, repaired, revived friendlies, kills from revived players, kills from deployed turrets, assists, objectives taken, friendly fire damage, friendly fire kills, kills from gunner, kills as driver, kills from passengers who unloaded, stats by weapons, etc...

The more the merrier !

Tracking outfit affilition is fun too. Along with commanders followed by player.

Edit: The 4th empire will hate me but what would have been VERY VERY VERY nice in PS1 if stats could be calculated by account instead of by character:
tracking average population of player's empire when said player is online.

Edit2: doh, I misread your post. Essentially, anything that would help to know a player better would be very good. Being able to save favorite players/outfits would be nice to have. If data can be aggregated from players, it would be nice to create some outfit stats even though it might not be that relevant in some cases.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-03-14 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Any plans on making this an application for the iPhone users? Or at least mobile friendly for quick access on the go? Would love to be able to keep up with the resources, xp and things that continue to grow while we are offline.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
Any plans on making this an application for the iPhone users? Or at least mobile friendly for quick access on the go? Would love to be able to keep up with the resources, xp and things that continue to grow while we are offline.
The deal with that is this - I'd love to. I absolutely adore my iPad/iPhone and my attitude to apps/websites is that I make stuff that I want to use.

I like to think I'm a pretty good web developer, it being what I do for a living and all that - but I have no experience currently writing mobile apps. I do try to make the website mobile friendly but it will never rival a dedicated app.

BUT - I'm trying to learn when I get time. I have a mac, I have the books, I'm working through it (+android too).... but the website is likely to come first because I'm that much more comfortable with doing stuff for that.

I'm open to the idea of contribution though - if you enjoy Planetside & can either write code for web/iOS/android or do arty stuff, and you know what subversion is - then lets talk
Old 2012-03-14, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Figment
Lieutenant General

Strategy/weapon guides, newbee help, with detailed base layouts and walk-throughs for instance.

A history of PlanetSide?

Of course PSU is making a new wiki. Could link up with that.

Could check for ideas here:
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Main_Page
http://wot-dossier.appspot.com
http://wot-news.com/index.php/stat/compare/eu
http://wot-news.com/

Last edited by Figment; 2012-03-14 at 08:11 PM.
Old 2012-03-14, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

We will be pushing our wiki quite a bit more with the new site as well.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-14, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

*EDIT*

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2012-03-15 at 05:30 PM.
Old 2012-03-15, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Since SOE will be providing full stats, I somehow doubt they will let you get a feed from them, as other site will want it too. This is pure speculation, but I wonder about it being named a "stats" site without the ability to get any. The site looks really nice, but it seems it will be just another source of information?
they have said that they will be providing a stats feed again.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-03-15, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
We will be pushing our wiki quite a bit more with the new site as well.
I'm all about providing dynamic information / tools to inform people on whats going on, so will happily link the static stuff to a PS2 Wiki (or pull content from it) rather than trying to update it all myself.

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
they have said that they will be providing a stats feed again.
Indeed they have, they were very clear that stats feeds will be made public. Their own stats site will probably provide some fairly standard stuff, and the community will provide the advanced stuff from the official data.

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-03-15 at 04:51 AM.
Old 2012-03-15, 05:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kran De Loy
Captain

Should have a stat to track the number of female character models in use.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements