can we get an official bfr vote? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hacking at Tower Near You
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-15, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gator01239j
Private

The best weapon against BFRs is the boomer from unseen and protected places. I am not saying that I have or ever will use this method. But I have seen it done by people against mainly BFRs and sometimes AMSes. (These people will remain anonymous to prevent any exploiter flames. If it is considered an exploit by the DEV team they would somehow stop it. Plus, the best way to get an exploit fixed is to abuse the hell out of it.) This seems to work really well against those BFRs that are camping the front door.

Note: I am in no way promoting this tactic nor telling anyone to try it nor how to use it to its full potential.
Old 2005-02-15, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

Yea, that tactic is cheap and I've seen it done. But when I see it, I always ask myself this. Which is cheaper: A big friggin' gun that can fly and insta-gib like nobody's business that's camping, or using a method which the Dev's haven't tried to stop to kill the camping morons?
Old 2005-02-15, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

They fixed the invisible lasers bug and the eclipse cant fly any higher than the others
Old 2005-02-15, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
iluvthequasar
Corporal

BFRs are easy to kill under one of 2 conditions. 1: You zerg the bfr, or 2: you have the proper certs to kill it alone. IMO, the proper certs to do it are ATV, rexo, and AV. My new anti bfr tactic is having decis in each rifle holster and a jammer in the first holster. Get an ATV, use it to get as close as you can, bail out, jam the BFR, and shoot off decis. Works GREAT against tower campers, and BFRs heading to a base. FVs do have the ability to run away from this though even with the jammer effect. There's an "exploit" for the rate of fire on the decimator, it requires 2 in a rexosuit though (1 in each holster). If I shoot my guns right, I can pinch a FV in about 6 seconds after firing the first deci. Gunner variants have it easy, the gunner can bail out and shoot me because I have no other weapons (short of my knife ).

I do agree with you that unless you're MADE to kill a BFR, it can't be done alone. The most you can do is piss them off if you don't have a tactical advantage and proper weaponry.

The sad thing is that BFRs are here to stay. They're never leaving PS anytime soon. The GOOD thing is that battle islands will be BFR free when the lattice changes are released.

-iluvthequasar
Old 2005-02-16, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Let's try to stay on topic folks. This thread isn't about taking down a BFR, it's about the impact of BFRs on Planetside.

In the limited time I have spent with BFRs, I feel the effects of it are already pretty negative. The BFRs indeed have weaknesses, and absolutely have strengths. Yes, there are tactics to take them down, and so on, and so forth. All of the above is ideal and all, but that in itself is the problem. In an ideal environment, BFRs would play out great because they have a rock<scissor<paper thing going on with infantry and vehicles.

In your typical battle, you have 20-30+ people on opposing sides. Lets say it's equal right now at 40. Let's assume that approximately 4 people on each side will grab a medium tank (Van, Mag, Prowl). So that's 8 people (TR are exception, they lose more infantry) who will not be fighting on the battlefield. No biggy, only 8, you still have 32 able body soldiers. Now lets say that 5 people on each side go out to grab something else (Deliv variant, lightning, blah). I'm not going to go calculate the possible permutations for that that number + number of gunners, I don't have that much free time. So lets say, hypothetically, 7 people go into vehicles as drivers or gunners. 32 becomes 25. Not bad, still good. Lets also assume we have 2 BFR gunner variants, now that's 4 people plus something uber destructive. 25 becomes 21. 21 people against 2 BFRs, 4 medium tanks, and 5 other vehicles capable of mass destruction.

Seems a bit wrong now doesn't it?

Well, my point is, is that BFRs with all of the above, plus other infantry trying to kill you lowers everyone's survival time. And lets be honest, we don't like going to the spawn tube every 2 minutes, especially not when you're trying the game out. Bad first impression, no?

For the record, I don't give a rats ass about what hapens to my empire. All I care about is my gaming experience, and in reality, that's the only real reason to complain about anything.

Please don't flame me about the example I used, it was only hypothetcal, indeed you can have billions of different scenarios, the one I described is only one of the possible ones.
Old 2005-02-19, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hercules
drsomewhere, you call that teamwork? Camping poor ppl in their vehicles, what were you guys in Reavers? BFRs? I hate nothing more than people camping spawns,WGs,etc. Camping is cheap.
But then again, I think its retarded that BFRs can fill Silos. Hmmm....what are ANTs for!? :S
From the 3 empire specific BFRs I dispise the VS Eclipse, I mean it can jump up to 300 metres in the air, and with invisible lasers sniping everything it can see. Another bug (or whatever) that I dont like is when I go around enemies, then I see them facing the other direction, but they are shooting me at the same time.
I'm alright with gunner BFRs...
Making that base go neutral was vital to that continent's survival (VS w/ tech=bad day.) All i was trying to point out is why on earth can BFR's supply NTU's to bases? Isnt it bad enough that they can kill anything THEY SEE COMING ?

= Crack addict
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion