So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So how long have you been falling?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-16, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
No he proved that critical mass with any weapon annhilates tanks, demonstrating it both with the phoenix and the striker, meaning any large infantry group can take tanks out of the equation. I believe this is also why tanks in PS2 have Anti-Infantry configuration options to help counter precisely that situation.

The reason TR footzerged was because their tank was a steaming pile of shit and wasn't competitive to the other two tanks. That takes us back to the topic of the thread.

So is the Prowler going to suck like it did in PS1 and relegate TR into a footzerg?
You forget something. Phoenix users do not advance but sit tight. Striker users use them on the move.

Prowlers did not suck. Whatsoever.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Yes they did. Totally.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Yes they did. Totally.
No they didn't.

I heard about The Enclave. They played on a Euro server, we played on a North American server, so I don't really give two fucks about them.

If you never heard of our outfit its probably because you weren't following the leaderboard from 03-05.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
I heard about The Enclave. They played on a Euro server, we played on a North American server, so I don't really give two fucks about them.
Wow you just love showing your ignorance on topics. Enclave was not a Euro outfit, nor did they play on a Euro server.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Wow you just love showing your ignorance on topics. Enclave was not a Euro outfit, nor did they play on a Euro server.
Gah my mistake. Shit happens. I was thinking about another outfit that was brought up for next this thread.

My point about the tank stands.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-16, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

V-V-N
Old 2012-03-16, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

If you never heard of our outfit its probably because you weren't following the leaderboard from 03-05.
Gonna have to say that Firefly did exactly two things during Planetside: play the game, and follow the leaderboards as well as outfit listings in-game by outfit points and number of people. I'm a stat-whore with a fairly great memory. What's funny is that I could tell you just about every single outfit that sat in the top twenty percent on VS, NC, and TR on Emerald and Markov from retail launch day to about 2007, which comes out to be over a hundred outfits. And I'm terribly sorry that I've never heard of your outfit. So, you can posture all you like. Don't take that as an insult, because apparently you are very defensive about it. I've just never heard of you or your outfit.

Considering you couldn't even get a simple piece of well-known Planetside notoriety right, I'm going to have to say that no, no it doesn't. And all of your forum board-warrioring about how this thread is full of ample evidence about how the Prowler was the best tank EVAR is hollow, social gaffe notwithstanding. You have multiple TR and multiple NC veterans telling you that it was not. You can type a bunch of fucking numbers in here all you like, like "Jimmy bought fifty Prowlers and Johnny bought thirty, how many do they have together?" and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference.

The Prowler sucked. Like people have said - there were no well-known Prowler-pulling units. All the big-name TR outfits focused on either mossie-bailing or Galaxy air assaults.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Gonna have to say that Firefly did exactly two things during Planetside: play the game, and follow the leaderboards as well as outfit listings in-game by outfit points and number of people. I'm a stat-whore with a fairly great memory. What's funny is that I could tell you just about every single outfit that sat in the top twenty percent on VS, NC, and TR on Emerald and Markov from retail launch day to about 2007, which comes out to be over a hundred outfits. And I'm terribly sorry that I've never heard of your outfit. So, you can posture all you like. Don't take that as an insult, because apparently you are very defensive about it. I've just never heard of you or your outfit.

Considering you couldn't even get a simple piece of well-known Planetside notoriety right, I'm going to have to say that no, no it doesn't. And all of your forum board-warrioring about how this thread is full of ample evidence about how the Prowler was the best tank EVAR is hollow, social gaffe notwithstanding. You have multiple TR and multiple NC veterans telling you that it was not. You can type a bunch of fucking numbers in here all you like, like "Jimmy bought fifty Prowlers and Johnny bought thirty, how many do they have together?" and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference.

The Prowler sucked. Like people have said - there were no well-known Prowler-pulling units. All the big-name TR outfits focused on either mossie-bailing or Galaxy air assaults.
It's a time warp.

If you took the time to read my posts in this thread, since page one, it's really clear that I'm not trying to convince anyone that the Prowler is the best tank...ev-er. In fact I agree that it's the worst of the three. You ended up piling on with the over aggressive nerd rage crowd in an argument that didn't exist.

As for the outfit tip, you missed so many words in this thread that I have a hard time banking on your memory of 7-9 years ago. In the end it doesn't matter if you 'know who I am, bro.' I know what I was doing back in the day, you know what you were doing, and neither one of us give half a fuck about the other.

I'm sorry to Enclave members for mistaking Konreid as a Euro server. Shit happens, know what I'm saying? Hopefully your e-go's aren't too bruised because I made that mistake. People know who you are.

Some of the posters are comfortable summing up the strengths of VS/NC tanks with words like "maneuverable" or "well rounded", but can't find that same comfort with words like "damage" or "versatile". Why? These words aren't suitable for describing a tank and it's niche in a game?

It makes sense that the Prowler MKII is going to be the fastest tank, the focus on speed just fits the empire. It looks like it will not be a 3 man tank which is fantastic. If it's the worst tank in Planetside 2 I won't be too upset, so long as it's only the marginally bit weaker than it was in the original.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-03-16 at 10:50 PM.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

You forget something. Phoenix users do not advance but sit tight. Striker users use them on the move.

Uhh... they advance after they've made the entire AO unsafe for enemy vehicles to operate in.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Maybe I need more coffee so pardon me if this is a stupid question, but what possible relevance does this have? I can use either weapon on the move or in a static position, although my favourite is fucking the NC with their own weapon... hiding behind the BFR terminal in the Tech Plant courtyard in that little butt-crack crevace, firing my Phoenix straight up into the air, and then striking with impunity anywhere I damned well please, within reason. With the Striker, sure I could run around and shoot it, but I had to hold a lock-on as well. And whilst that's certainly an improvement over standing still and being a gigantic target in camera mode, it means that I, as a lightly-armoured infantryman, am standing out in the open, exposed, holding my crosshairs on a target for the duration of the missile ride. At least with the Phoenix you can hide in a crack somewhere.

None of this really has any relevancy over whether the Prowler was good or was terribad, as far as I am concerned. Win me over with a better argument.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion