CE and ADV Targeting ideas. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's Hamma time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-13, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
noodles
Private

CE and ADV Targeting ideas.

I think that it would be cool to be able to place the high explosive mine on a max. I think it would even up each empire's vulnarability to them.

I also think that adv targeting should increase the distance that enemy targets show up on screen and should also increase the scope at wich they are displayed so that they can essentially be further away from the crosshairs and still be displayed.
Old 2004-02-13, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by noodles
I think that it would be cool to be able to place the high explosive mine on a max. I think it would even up each empire's vulnarability to them.
Boomers do really big damage to a MAX. An infiltrator being able to run by, stick one on a MAX, run off and hit the switch would not only be annoying as hell for the MAX, it'd be extremely lethal to them. I'm completely against this suggestion.

I also think that adv targeting should increase the distance that enemy targets show up on screen and should also increase the scope at wich they are displayed so that they can essentially be further away from the crosshairs and still be displayed.
That would virtually force all snipers to get Advanced Targetting, which I don't agree with because I don't want to use that implant and don't think I should have in order to really compete with enemy snipers.
Old 2004-02-13, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
noodles
Private

eh... good point. it was worth a shot tho.
Old 2004-02-13, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

Last thing we need are Palestinian maxes
Old 2004-02-13, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
2mthsTheSniper
Private

Originally Posted by -Desperado-
Last thing we need are Palestinian maxes
Good point, tho' it'd be an interesting tactic - "What's that MAX doing running at us?" BOOM!

A MAX covered in explosives would be lethal running into a room of enemy soldiers, and quite entertaining. Thing is as the MAX driver wouldn't get the credit I doubt too many would be prepared to volunteer.
Old 2004-02-13, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TwoBits
Private

Maybe wouldn't be that good for the Max, but think of the grief you could give the CE that detonated it if the MAX did manage to take out enemy soldiers with it.
Old 2004-02-13, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Enhanced Targeting (as it's called soon) is the best all around Implant in the game. As a grunt I know which enemies close by I can finish off quickly, which can often save my life. And maybe make me kill 2 before I die in a hot situation...

As a Driver/Gunner I can see which targets that we can finish of quickly. I know when to run and not etc...

And now that it's not gonna take any Stamina anymore, it will be even better. Not that it cost much stamina before.

And I think the sniper rifle should treat the engine like you are about at that range yourself, so can atleast see the enemies you are sniping on.
Old 2004-02-13, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

No way should you be able to put a boomer on a MAX. As it stands, it's mostly challenging to boomer a MAX to death (especially outdoors). If we were allowed to place boomers on MAXs then infil would become just as dangerous as decis, and MAXs don't need that.
I actually agree about the adv. targetting. There are times where it's very useful, and there are times where it's incredibly frustrating because you've used the slot for the implant and it's giving you no assistance at all because of the distance. I don't think it needs to extend to the maximum viewing distance, but I would like an increase.
Old 2004-02-13, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

MAXes are already too vulnerable as is, why should a guy with no armor be all of the sudden more effective than a guy in a big suit of steel and big weapons on his arms?

Old 2004-02-13, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I like my Advanced targeting as is, especial now that it has no stamina drain.

Though its deon't do that much, only shows the health of a target, it would be cool if is had some kind of thing that would show you were to aim to hit the target, or make your COF go down

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-13, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I think if anything had the effect you are proposing for Adv. / Enhanced targeting, it should be Range Mag. I am still against both ideas, though, for the reasons stated above.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion