Most underutilized/overutilized weapons in your opinion. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We can fit a Death Star on the back of a BFR!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-22, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

Most underutilized/overutilized weapons in your opinion.

More looking for efficiency of weapons being used/not used. I know Rocketpods, Shotguns, etc are used the most but that's because they're too good not to use.

Underutilized:
  • Concussion grenades. I'm happy they're not used that much though, easily the best grenade in the game. LMG + Conc grenade(tossed properly) can clear an entire room very easily.
  • EMP Grenades - Hilarious when tossed into a room full of enemies, they usually start shooting at each other. Best LOL-factor item in the game.
  • Dedicated Engineers for MAX's during infantry/AV fights.
  • Flashlight. Seriously, it will increase your K/D better than any item out there because people will be laughing at you rather than shooting at you.

Overutilized:
  • Frag grenades. They're not good, they tend to do more damage to allies than enemies.
  • Snipers. Why do people who can't aim use a class that requires precision aiming?
  • Rocket Launchers. SoE, please make it so the rocket launchers are not used in place of pistols in infantry fights. Increase the splash damage to self so these idiots kill themselves when they walk around closed corridors with the RL out.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-22 at 10:18 AM.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Re: Most underutilized/overutilized weapons in your opinion.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Dedicated Engineers for MAX's during infantry/AV fights...
[*]Frag grenades. They're not good, they tend to do more damage to allies than enemies.
Bullshit. The first one is ALWAYS used. The second is HARDLY ever used. I think you need to reevaluate your facts. e.e
Old 2013-04-22, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
Bullshit. The first one is ALWAYS used. The second is HARDLY ever used. I think you need to reevaluate your facts. e.e
I guess you missed the whole opinion part of the topic.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Agree with you on concussion grenades; very nasty to be on the receiving end. Going to give these a try.

Also going to give the EMP grenade a try, as well as the heal grenade (not sure that I see many of these being used).

And why don't people use more smoke? Not that common.

Also underutilised are AV MAXes. Can understand that there aren't many TR AV MAXes around (who would want to use the Pounder?), but the Falcon and Comet are pretty decent in a variety of situations.
Old 2013-04-22, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Concussions:
"Oh shit, LAG spike, wait no, fuckfuckfuck"

The heal grenade is neat, but underwhelming.
#1 I throw it thinking it's a real nade
#2 Bouncing makes it hard to get in the right spot because:
#3 People move and die a bit too fast to really make good use of it
They should make it sticky and I think it would be a lot better.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2013-04-22 at 12:42 PM.
Old 2013-04-22, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

HA anti-vehicular grenade v MAX's.

Old 2013-04-22, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
VaderDSL
Private

Do infiltrators still have access to decoy grenades? I guess in very rare cases it could be handy, in setting up an ambush against 1 guy :/
Old 2013-04-22, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Overutilized:
  • Rocket Launchers. SoE, please make it so the rocket launchers are not used in place of pistols in infantry fights. Increase the splash damage to self so these idiots kill themselves when they walk around closed corridors with the RL out.
I strongly agree here, but I feel like it's only scratching the surface of the larger problem. Tons of other projectiles one-shot infantry and I think it's really overkill.

The one that pisses me off the most is the halbred, as it's literally impossible for a lock-on rocketlauncher heavy to take on a tank if it has one. It seems to have no drop and little to no travel time. You just click on that guy trying to lock onto you (since he can't move, he's busy locking-on), and the threats instantly gone. And that's from a weapon that is intended to be anti-armor.
Old 2013-04-22, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

More looking for efficiency of weapons being used/not used. I know Rocketpods, Shotguns, etc are used the most but that's because they're too good not to use.

Underutilized:
  • Concussion grenades. I'm happy they're not used that much though, easily the best grenade in the game. LMG + Conc grenade(tossed properly) can clear an entire room very easily.
  • EMP Grenades - Hilarious when tossed into a room full of enemies, they usually start shooting at each other. Best LOL-factor item in the game.
  • Flashlight. Seriously, it will increase your K/D better than any item out there because people will be laughing at you rather than shooting at you.

Overutilized:
  • Frag grenades. They're not good, they tend to do more damage to allies than enemies.
  • Snipers. Why do people who can't aim use a class that requires precision aiming?
1) Concussions are used fairly alot in TE
2)No one uses EMP grenades because no one plays infiltrator, and when they to, I bet there is almost NO ONE who actually runs any of the infiltrator grenades.
3) I see it all of the time, I tend to be one.
4)Fl4shlite iz OP wit itz mlgquikscopinxx420 n blndng pwnageon dem

1) I don't really find those to be too overused. They have their uses, and that's when they're used.
2) Read above
3) Definitely not a problem IMO
Old 2013-04-22, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rolfski
Major

Most under-utilized is definitely the high level proximity repair on the Sunderer, nobody bothers to max this out. When maxed out, a single proximity repair bus can make a battle bus phalanx an unstoppable force that can bring you the fight all the way up to the enemy warp gate as shown in this video :

Old 2013-04-22, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

[*]Dedicated Engineers for MAX's during infantry/AV fights.
[/LIST]

Ummm what??????

I completely believe that you might wish more people did it.
But its not "under utilized" - people dont do it because they rationally decide not too.

-**its not fun for most people**
-half the MAX damage is from friendly fire it often seems
-many MAX players are idiots

What I really hate is when Im playing an engineer and and a MAX keep bothering ing me for reps. Finally I rep him and he runs out in front of me , blocks my shot and takes craxzy damage from the enemy - then he wants repped again.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Ummm what??????

But its not "under utilized" - people dont do it because they rationally decide not too.

What I really hate is when Im playing an engineer and and a MAX keep bothering ing me for reps. Finally I rep him and he runs out in front of me , blocks my shot and takes craxzy damage from the enemy - then he wants repped again.
yeah its probably just me on this one. I don't play engineer infantry, and I don't play the MAX hardly at all either(besides burster).
All I ever hear in fights is MAX's screaming for repairs and infantry whining for ammo...
Old 2013-04-22, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sunrock
Major

Underutilized:
1. Yes they are really effective. Never used it my self but I have had it used on me several times and 9 out of 10 I'm dead before the effects goes off.

2. Well they are good even if you don't toss it in a room full a casual players. As they do disorient you a bit and makes it harder to see so less chance for them to hit you.

3. I have always wondered can you see some one have a flash light on or not? Never seen anyone with a flash light so...

Overutilized:
1. Well frag grenades are good but they are very situational. Sticky grenades are not good at all though.

2. Yes because every one that play sniper is bad at aiming If that was the case I would never been killed by a bolt action rifle. Oh wait I have.

3. Even if dumb fire rocket launchers are a bit lame to kill infantry with in CQC it's a valid tactic. Besides you usually have time to strafe out of the hit radius if you see when they are firing it anyway.
------------------------------------------------

But yes IMO shot guns are the worst weapon in the game. And TBH they have way too long range when using slug ammo.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Ummm what??????

Yeah, I'm a 100% engineer player and I can do this, but more often than not I decide the max can just go and die. I have no interest in fixing someone that just stops playing completely when getting fixed. It's so easy for enemy to come and kill you both at that time. Other times when I don't fix is when that max starts to shoot at me for attention. I know you need fixes, but don't start shooting me while I'm busy killing the enemies that try to get closer. Shoot at them and maybe I have time to fix you.

If I do see a good max player, I might commit myself to fixing it for some time. Or if there are too many friendlies running in front of me while I'm shooting, I can take a break to avoid getting my guns locked. So committed max repairers aren't under utilized, but good max players are too rare.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Flash Bangs. I've only ever seen one other person use them
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion