Downsize Servers - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: never, under any circumstances, touch my gopher
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-15, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
sniper4evr26
Corporal

well i would like to say that i havent seen ANY yellow dots on the servers for quite awhile now. when the game launched there were always battles everywhere, and most of the servers had 3 dots or more, now on the underpopulated johari we can go cap as many continents as we want cuz no one from the other empires are logged on... hey it happened once the nc capped 5 continents only because there was no one to stop us.

P.S. i would like to see numbers not dots on the server list
Old 2003-07-15, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
pauljar1
Sergeant

That would never happen...

I, too, would love to see the actual number of players on the servers list, rather that colored dots, but SOE would never do that. That would possibly (and I'm saying POSSIBLY) indicate, over a period of time , the steady declination of players. No players, no game. That simple...
Old 2003-07-15, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

The number of yellow dots ended around the time of many people's free trials. I wouldent worry about it.

One of the problems was they only opened one East server on day one, which resulted in huge amounts of lag. That was a HORRIBLE move on SOE's part, they should have went live with at least 2 east servers.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-07-15, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by pauljar1
You're absolutely right. There shouldn't be any lag, but there is.

You people act like LAG is a palapable and devastating force that the devs choose to leave in the game. (Ok on Johari Liberty and Guns is a devastating force but thats neither here nor there) THere will always be "LAG" until every inch of the internet from your computers NIC to the line running through your local swamp is high parity fiber. Even then you will still see lag where the bandwidth meets the server untill we come up with a computer that can go straight from bandwidth to BUS with no slowdlown. Plus *GASP* the farther away from a server the more "Lag" there is. Plus if you have a crappy rig your system will begin to experience something misnomered "video lag" as it tries to keep up with everyone moving around.

In closing let me say while SOE is making great strides Lag will always be present in multiplayer games without some major improvements/revolutions in computing hardwar, or suspension of a few natural laws of the universe.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-07-15, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

True lag will never be gone until we all have quatnum computers, and its also not alwyas hte fault of the Game server, or even your ISP. but the point of the original post was that Konried and Johari are too underpopulated, and it doesn't look like it will grow much more.
Old 2003-07-15, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

That dont make sense!

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
If there weren't at elast 4 continents locked simultaneously during peak hours, I hardly consider that swamped.
If the server is truly swamped, it'd be impossible to lock conts do to the sheer number of different empire players on all conts
Old 2003-07-16, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Killmeeleon
Private

Who cares? This game really blows ass and I wish I hadn't uninstalled UT2k3 for it... Oh well now I'm hooked and I gotta at least get me br20

Looking forward to The Matrix Online I will be the one
Old 2003-07-16, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
pauljar1
Sergeant

Doppler, whats with the "I'm with Stupid" smilie...no one was being insulted here, but, oh well. If it had to come from some little smacktard, it should be you.

Maybe I mistaken in saying that there shouldn't be "ANY" lag. What I should've said was that there shouldn't be as much lag as there is in the large battles.

And, to answer you post below, I'm not running a crappy rig...I'm running a P4 2.0G, ATI 9700 PRO and 1 GIG of RDRAM at 1024x768with DSL. Also, I have AA turned down to 2X. I shouldn't be seeing 7-9 FPS in large battles. Agreed? This significant drop in FPS came right after the last patch.

All I'm saying is that if they decide the merge servers (say, Emerald and Konried), they need to make some MORE and SIGNIFICANT headway on the lag thing otherwise, we're going to have a LOT more lag than we're seeing now.
Old 2003-07-16, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Killmeeleon
Who cares? This game really blows ass and I wish I hadn't uninstalled UT2k3 for it... Oh well now I'm hooked and I gotta at least get me br20

Looking forward to The Matrix Online I will be the one
You sure play allot for someone who thinks the game blows ass.

Old 2003-07-16, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
pauljar1
Sergeant

Nice one, Hamma!

"This game sucks" coming from someone with 3,700 kills!

Old 2003-07-16, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

Old 2003-07-16, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NCG JMan
First Sergeant

Well he did say he was wanting to get to BR20
Old 2003-07-16, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Doppler, whats with the "I'm with Stupid" smilie...no one was being insulted here, but, oh well. If it had to come from some little smacktard, it should be you.

Maybe I mistaken in saying that there shouldn't be "ANY" lag. What I should've said was that there shouldn't be as much lag as there is in the large battles.

And, to answer you post below, I'm not running a crappy rig...I'm running a P4 2.0G, ATI 9700 PRO and 1 GIG of RDRAM at 1024x768with DSL. Also, I have AA turned down to 2X. I shouldn't be seeing 7-9 FPS in large battles. Agreed? This significant drop in FPS came right after the last patch.

All I'm saying is that if they decide the merge servers (say, Emerald and Konried), they need to make some MORE and SIGNIFICANT headway on the lag thing otherwise, we're going to have a LOT more lag than we're seeing now.
Huh I'm running an AMD Athlon 95- with a GeForce4 MX 440 and 780MB RAM on a cable modem and I get no lag other than hardware lag in large fights. Sucks to be you I guess

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-07-17, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
pauljar1
Sergeant

Elf:

You don't pay attention, do you? I also said that I only get the low FPS's in large battles. Same as you!

Read before you respond.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion