SOE please answer some questions for us! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got Auraxian wood?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-04-06, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Question SOE please answer some questions for us!

Hi

It seems that a lot of potential players returning to planetside 1 have a lot of questions, and some are very important. Could anyone from SOE please respond to this post to put our minds at rest?

We know that this game is a privilege for us to play and is an on going cost to SOE that you don't need to do and we are very very grateful for allowing us to continue playing under the F2P model but if these questions could be answered it would be great!

1: Please let us know if a GM will be available if we encounter hackers? for example the flying max pull hack. I think most of us can cope with the ROF/COF hacks but the pull hack has the ability to stop play.

2: Will the wasp/striker/cyssor bugs be fixed before the game goes F2P?

3: Will the caves and the core combat expansion be working/enabled in time for F2P release?

4: How likely is it that a mass email will be sent out to past subscribers advertising that the game will be free to play? This would help boost numbers and give potential for these people to eventually move to PS2.

If anyone from SOE could answer these questions it would put a lot of players minds at rest!

Thanks

Last edited by DarkSkyes; 2014-04-06 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2014-04-06, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: SOE please answer some questions for us!

Originally Posted by DarkSkyes View Post
Hi

It seems that a lot of potential players returning to planetside 1 have a lot of questions, and some are very important. Could anyone from SOE please respond to this post to put our minds at rest?

We know that this game is a privilege for us to play and is an on going cost to SOE that you don't need to do and we are very very grateful for allowing us to continue playing under the F2P model but if these questions could be answered it would be great!

1: Please let us know if a GM will be available if we encounter hackers? for example the flying max pull hack. I think most of us can cope with the ROF/COF hacks but the pull hack has the ability to stop play.

So far we've had one official response from some GM no one has ever heard of saying that they will deal with hackers. But saying and doing are two separate things, as well all know. Time will tell.

As of right now the Wasp is still doing insane ammounts of damage to armor, only on Cyssor however. I'm unsure if the Striker is still bugged or not.

3: Will the caves and the core combat expansion be working/enabled in time for F2P release?

CC is still not working, nearly a year after the bug begun. I find it appalling that an expansion players have paid money for has ceased to work and it wasn't immediately fixed. If this were any other game it would've been fixed on the spot. Then again, look at every bug that has ever happened in PS.
4: How likely is it that a mass email will be sent out to past subscribers advertising that the game will be free to play? This would help boost numbers and give potential for these people to eventually move to PS2.

Seems unlikely at this point. Myself and a few other players have sent emails to Smed asking him to send out a mass email. No response. Might have to have a few more players send emails if we expect anything.

Smed's email: [email protected]

If anyone from SOE could answer these questions it would put a lot of players minds at rest!

Thanks
I know you're asking for SOE's response to this, but I don't think you're gonna get one. SOE has notoriously bad customer service, not just with PS, but with all of their games. Your best bet at getting an official response to these questions is to go directly to the source: Smedley.

He has been known to respond to the emails/tweets in the past so you can sometimes get a response from him; Albeit it shady and sometimes so uninformative in a way that it creates even more questions.

tl;dr: No to all your questions.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-04-07, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bedzike
Corporal

Originally Posted by DarkSkyes View Post
Hi

Thanks

hey I sent a ticket to gm Praesum he is the lead gm for ps1 and ps2. im waiting for his response on all the questions you have above and I asked for his personal email so I can get into connect with him if anything in-game goes wrong. just give it a day or 2 and we will have all the answers. we will ever need so give it time.
Old 2014-04-07, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Thanks for that, and D2A thanks for your answers.

Lets hope they get back to us soon with some answers. Looking forward to playing with you all soon. I am trying to get some of our outfit members back and actively posting on gaming forums I use. If SOE won`t advertise it then I guess its up to us!
Old 2014-04-07, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bedzike
Corporal

here is my opinion on the subject. if the game goes well for a month or two I believe they will maybe send out that mass email and post about it and show players its f2p. but they will also have an ad next to showing ps2 that is also f2p just so they can have both being shown but ps2 being bigger and have a nice decal in its picture over the ps1 one.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

If they make PS1 completely free and fix the most outstanding bugs (cyssor-mossies, caves) then they can plaster their e-mails and the launcher with PS2 ads all they want. Absolutely fine with me

And i doubt the devs would try to attempt to insert ads into the actual game, even they know they would break the game completely in the process.
Old 2014-04-08, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
And i doubt the devs would try to attempt to insert ads into the actual game, even they know they would break the game completely in the process.
How so? They've put adverts inside of PS1 before. Those flat panel screens in bases were used to display them.
Old 2014-04-08, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
How so? They've put adverts inside of PS1 before. Those flat panel screens in bases were used to display them.
Yeah, but we're talking about the crew that broke the game they actually know with their patches on a regular basis. Letting dev butterfingers fiddle with the PS1 code can only end in complete disaster.
Old 2014-04-27, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
lazer1982
Private

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Letting dev butterfingers fiddle with the PS1 code can only end in complete disaster.
lol o yes - i miss the days of Spokefire...

All Good Questings... for shure.

Old 2014-04-27, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Some other question just popped up my head;

Since F2P PS1 seems to be connected to the SOE All Access Pass thingie (hence the ongoing delays), how will it work with EU ProSieben Trash TV accounts?
It's my understanding that obviously you don't need the pass (otherwise it wouldn't really be F2P anyways), but what about ProSieben accounts, i.e. new non-us players wanting to play PS1?
Or is it still possible to set up a new SOE account from europe?

This doesn't affect me personally as i have enough SOE accounts, but i know a couple of people that would love to try out PS1 without having a SOE account as of now.
Old 2014-04-29, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Well we know that Pro7 won't be offering all access, but PS1 is supposed to go F2P.

Q: I don’t see PlanetSide 1 mentioned anywhere, are they eligible for this program?
A: We will offer PlanetSide 1 as free to play game for everyone when the new program rolls out, on or about April 29th, 2014 (or sooner!). Please note that PS1 has no Marketplace and will not see further game development. We know that a large number of people have played it in the past, and we hope you’ll enjoy it again, on us.

By everyone I would guess that they mean just that. Could of course mean everyone who has an SOE account.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2014-04-29 at 07:23 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion