"What are your top balance concerns?" - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Flame's not welcome
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-23, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
torokf
Corporal

Re: "What are your top balance concerns?"

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
They're on PTS already. 40 meter range now around the beacon. Not sure about instant action though.
You didn't read through Malorn words, the changes would be so that no more attackers would have a chance to deploy on the top of the AMP main facility rooftop for example, or even close to the inner buildings, that's what you would like and that's what he said, the less "steereable" drop pod is a thing, but there is also this that we still haven't implemented altough we need since always, the metagame in this game evolves, it has now reached the point where EVERYONE abuses the drop pod and sunderers have no expectancy of lasting more than 2 minutes, fair fights have been killed and or you zerg with 10 sunderers (which means you outnumber heavily your opponent) or you won't fight at all.

They used to balance the gameplay aspect every couple months max, but since they started working on Optimization the quality of life of the gameplay have been dropping ever since, and it's now down the pit, The game is still awesome but it just doesn't work.
And that should be their next priority, content might have to go in hold again, point given there are people that works on stuff and other on balance etc. etc.

Took your post to explain my thoughts,
The changes have been worked out months ago, they simply never made it into the game yet, and now we need them more than ever,

A Resource Revamp to address Vehicle / Max, spawn methods
and an Updated Drop pod behaviour and Requirements, All for a better gameplay.
Old 2013-10-23, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MGP
Sergeant

Give Prowler an ES weapon that works with lockdown.
I'm tired of making a "should i pull a Prowler with Vulcan, or Prowler with lockdown", decision every time I'm pulling a tank.

Old 2013-10-23, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

The striker (and lockons in general) They need a substantial nerf or the counter measures need more potency.

ZOE max, why this is still in the game who knows. Bring the run speed down a touch and completely nerf the strafe.

LOLpod spam, remove the splash damage completely. They did this in ps1 to resolve the same issues that exist in this game.

Fracture, way too powerful especially against infantry.

Vulcan, still too powerful and the other empires have no equivalent.

Marauder, essentially a buffed fury....

Grenade bandolier, not only does it add more spam but coupled with conc grenades it makes any tactical hold impossible. Remove it.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2013-10-23 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2013-10-23, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jax Blake
Private

LoL

Striker, Fracture, Vulcan, Marauder, Zoe, well at least you got one non TR specific item in there.

LoL
Old 2013-10-23, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Jax Blake View Post
LoL

Striker, Fracture, Vulcan, Marauder, Zoe, well at least you got one non TR specific item in there.

LoL

I have 7 characters only 2 are NC.

ZOE max certed
Fracture bought
Striker bought
MCG bought
Vulcan bought
LOL pods allround

My comments reflects the current balance in the game and i haven't even started on the easy mode nature of all the TR infantry weapons that is back up by the stats. The NC has a one trick pony and that is the Scat max and this trick is rarely an advantage over other maxes. The VS are slightly better off with nicer infantry weapons and the scythe is a dream to fly and lets not forget ZOE. The TR have it best all over.

Old 2013-10-23, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
I have 7 characters only 2 are NC.
You have lost all credibility when you claimed a few days ago that Striker is fire-and-forget. If you had a TR toon, you'd know what more then a month ago Striker was changed to "maintain lock" system. Go troll elsewhere.

Old 2013-10-23, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

First: Fix the damn bugs. That turret bug for one. A bugged weapon is imbalance incarnate.

Second: TR harasser weapons do seem a bit effective. That's not in itself a bad thing in a way, the real problem is the other factions not being as efficient. Ergo, tweak/add weapons to theirs to make them just as effective as the TR's. As for this talk about their armor being too much... Really? The armor's fine. Rockets and tank rounds make them retreat and normal weapons damage them. No amount of armor nerfing will change the fact that they zoom past and take cover then repair and I don't think some people are going to he happy unless all harasses are blown up by simply being touched by a strong wind. Remember when aircraft got armor nerfed?

Third: MAXES. An NC max has a big ass shield. That's ok since it can't attack with it up and an NC max SHOULD be affective at close range as NC favor CQC. The Vanu MAX however gets to be faster and strafe while still shooting. Now here's the important thing, a TR MAX digs in and becomes an easy target and the trade off isn't worth it, especially when MAX weapons swat normal infantry like flies anyway. NC and Vanu MAXES are efficient and mobile against ALL targets. TR MAXES aren't. There's little point of them digging in and being an easy target for a deci rocket. And when was the last time you saw people using that ability? Only seen it once in a blue moon myself.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
You have lost all credibility when you claimed a few days ago that Striker is fire-and-forget. If you had a TR toon, you'd know what more then a month ago Striker was changed to "maintain lock" system. Go troll elsewhere.
Thank fully I couldn't care less what you think.

Old 2013-10-23, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

My biggest issues.

1.) Vulcan - It needs to be toned down some. Right now it just destroys everything.

2.) MAX's - They need abit of a rework.

2a.) NC MAX - Extend the shield around the max some more. Right now it hardly covers anything and I am still taking damage through the shield.

2b.) TR MAX - Help the poor TR out and give them a different ability. Lock down is horrible.

3c.) VS MAX - I hate to say it but ZOE needs a rework. Hows its stayed in the game for so long in its current state is anybody's guess. cut down on the run speed a tad and get rid of Strafing completely. This has got to be looked into.

3.) Harasser - I agree with everybody right now that the harasser is way to strong. There really is no drawback to using it at the moment.

4.)C85 Modified - Please for the love of god completely rework this weapon. It is beyond horrible. I really can't stress this enough.

5.) Camo Coverage - Please rework the camo coverage. The way you guys handled the Camo rework was horrendous and could of been done way better. I don't mind the faction colors being present since that seems to be what "everybody wants" but baby blue?? Why not give the NC their faction color of Royal blue? Also please get rid of the sports bra and Assless chaps.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-10-23 at 07:22 AM.
Old 2013-10-23, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

With the NC lack of versatility, I never really understood something, the short range option that I have always seen for the NC max is relatively evident. As to medium range there are sparrows or slugs. With long range, it's sparrows again.

What I have heard NC people straight admit, is that they want a medium range Gauss saw strapped to their arm. The problem with this, is that you can't give one faction a weapon and not give something to the other factions.

Currently the NC have this advantage at Close range, while the other two factions are better at medium and long range. If the NC max is to get something that is good at range, then the other two should get something that is good at another range.

So, if the NC are to get a machine gun, the VS and TR could an ES flamethrower.

As the flamethrower is a short range weapon, it would be totally useless to the NC... giving the NC another short range weapon wouldn't make a lot of sense. The TR could get a straight flamethrower, and the VS could get a plasma thrower or a short range variant of the lasher.
Old 2013-10-23, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Once again, why is this necessary? Remove the short range advantage, simplify MAX engagement ranges and balancing.
Old 2013-10-23, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't care if the other factions have a CQC weapon. However, if the NC are going to be the CQC shotgun faction (Like we always have been since PS1) I expect the NC to have a better version of the shotgun than the other factions.

Just like I would expect the TR and VS to have better medium to long range versions of their weapons compared to the NC.

Why is it necessary you ask? I don't want every faction to be a carbon copy of each other with a different skins just for balance sake. That makes it dull and boring. I prefer to keep the faction traits.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-10-23 at 08:18 AM.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

ZOE - nerf the starfing speed. Then look if it brought it in line. Then think about another change. Please no overnerfing again.

Harassers - gt rid of repairing on the move. That should solve a lot of issues people have with the Harasser (on all factions) as it needs to retreat to repair like ever other vehicle. No need to nerf their health or armor. Just start here and see what it does. And no, pushing "F3" and your left mouse button is not "requiring skill".

Harasser TR guns - bring them in line. You basically put weapons on Harassers which downside is supposed to be that the are ineffective over longer range. Which isn't exactly a problem for the Harasser to begin with. Those weapons are just flawed by design when put on a Harasser.

Please put some road stops in there to stop people from driving Harassers on roof tops, inside buildings, inside tech plants and so on. Especially not when you give them insanely good AI weapons...

Rocketpods: just get rid of the splash. Or at least reduce it by a lot. Reward people for actually aiming these things.

Fractures and Comets are too effective as AI weapons

Lightnings needs more rights to exist. Between the MBT and the Harasser the space for the Lightning as an equally effective weapon has been getting very small. Especially when it gets stuck in every f*ing terrain ditch there is.

NC weapons and NC max ability needs some heavy, hard hitting love (because nc likes it that way)

Your empire specific abilities made charge for maxes pretty much obsolete. It has never been a good ability to begin with.

Vanu weapons: reduce their effectiveness when fired from the hip. In return reduce the first shot recoil. It's ridiculous on some weapons. It actually punishes you for aiming at the head as well as burst firing! Maybe even trade it in for some more recoil overall. I am pretty sure most Vanu would take more consistent recoil over this stupid first shot recoil any time. (nc of course suffer from the same problem)

Don't hide essential upgrades like burster extended magazine behind a 500/1000 cert wall.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-10-23 at 09:16 AM.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I don't care if the other factions have a CQC weapon. However, if the NC are going to be the CQC shotgun faction (Like we always have been since PS1) I expect the NC to have a better version of the shotgun than the other factions.

Just like I would expect the TR and VS to have better medium to long range versions of their weapons compared to the NC.

Why is it necessary you ask? I don't want every faction to be a carbon copy of each other with a different skins just for balance sake. That makes it dull and boring. I prefer to keep the faction traits.
Fair enough, and I agree with you about assymetrical differences (even if they clearly tend towards a balancing nightmare). Asking for HMGs or what-have-you for NC MAXes does not neccessarily mean exact copies of their TR or VS counterparts. You can still add factional flavour within those parameters.

-e-
Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Your empire specific abilities made charge for maxes pretty much obsolete. It has never been a good ability to begin with.
I have to disagree with your evaluation of the MAX Charge ability. I think it is still very useful. Whether that means the ES abilities are to be put into question is open for debate (e.g. Shield not good enough vs Charge). They may need tweaking, but I don't think they are fundementally flawed per se. Although situational, Charge still has its uses. Which is fine, it makes it a worthwhile choice among the other ones.

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-10-23 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Cookiecrumbs
Private

Mordelicius and Chip already listed my main gripes:

-ZOE damage avoidance / in-combat speed (without any delay or cooldown !)

-AV Mana turret range (add a longer spawn cooldown to the fix as well)

-Harasser durability and effectiveness:
  • make it more susceptible to various damage types, especially AP ordnance
  • goodbye backseat repair
  • fix should also include as a first equalizing pass:
    Vulcan-H -> like Saron and Enforcer variants: 50 damage less than MBT variant instead of only 30
    Marauder-H -> -2 magsize and slightly longer reload (= longer than the Fury)

Last but not least:
rework Enforcer Modified and TR MAX ability, Higby pls
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion