Since Snipers are Cloaks then OSOK Headshots is a must sniper cert - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pictures of the day now come with extra MSG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should OSOK Headshots be in the game?
Yes as cert...they are cloaks so a regular sniper will kill a OSOK headshot sniper 18 14.88%
Yes.....Any Sniper should headshot tho. 37 30.58%
No 66 54.55%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-23, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Well the point is, they should make it harder if Headshotting regular troops in a cert..so only the best snipers will choose the certs.

As for the crosshairs tuning in...They make a big....big...difference.

Just think about it, if you crosshairs take a while to turn, then a regular sniper will kill you asap one on one.
I had to re-read your OP from last month to try and understand what you are saying.

What I was saying is that now in PS2, the accuracy of the shot will depend on the sniper skill, alone. The shot doesn't go "straight" after the crosshairs focus and you pull the trigger. If a guy can hit the melon sized object that far away, he deserves the kill.

So, are you pushing a cert to allow headshots or for automatic headshots? Headshots are already allowed in the current model. Higby says they will probably do 200% damage and land a kill if it is a sniper rifle.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...shots-2507.htm

Q. What exactly is the planned Damage bonus for headshots? Will any Infantary weapon be able to One shot Kill?

A. The system allows us to have different damage bonuses for each weapon. This way we can make it so that sniper rifles give a 200% bonus making them OSOK on headshots and chainguns get a 0% bonus making it make no difference. Other guns like pistols or assault rifles might be somewhere in between based on how rewarding we feel precision should be with each of those weapons/weapon types. Vehicle weapons will likely have a 0% bonus.

Exact balance for this is not final, but that's the general idea that we're going with and we'll tweak as necessary.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
The noob
Corporal

Re: Since Snipers are Cloaks then OSOK Headshots is a must sniper cert

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
I had to re-read your OP from last month to try and understand what you are saying.

What I was saying is that now in PS2, the accuracy of the shot will depend on the sniper skill, alone. The shot doesn't go "straight" after the crosshairs focus and you pull the trigger. If a guy can hit the melon sized object that far away, he deserves the kill.

So, are you pushing a cert to allow headshots or for automatic headshots? Headshots are already allowed in the current model. Higby says they will probably do 200% damage and land a kill if it is a sniper rifle.

As an fyi, it's been confirmed that you'll need 2 shots to kill someone using headshots. One for the shields, another for their health.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by The noob View Post
As an fyi, it's been confirmed that you'll need 2 shots to kill someone using headshots. One for the shields, another for their health.
I guess that's what they meant by tweaking. Thanks.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post

Well people in Planetside don't want headshots so my cert option will make it harder....So the cert will be need to get a headshot on top of having the skill to actually perform a headshot with all the diffculties the cert could bring.

The whole point of my idea is to find a medium between people who want headshots and people who hate headshots.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Raka Maru
Major

Well people in Planetside don't want headshots so my cert option will make it harder....So the cert will be need to get a headshot on top of having the skill to actually perform a headshot with all the diffculties the cert could bring.

The whole point of my idea is to find a medium between people who want headshots and people who hate headshots.
Ok, I see now.

OSOK doesn't exist, even with headshots. I think I read that somewhere but got my timeline confused. Seems snipers got nerfed even before even beta. Sad, but I learn to adapt since we will be all playing by the same rules.

Don't know if I would get this imaginary headshot cert if it existed, if it will reek havoc on my aim tho.

Something has to make the bolt driver stand out against a scout rifle type weapon, but now I don't know what that will be.
Old 2012-05-24, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
The noob
Corporal

I'd say 2 shots is a fairly good medium. It rewards the sniper for making the shot by allowing him to severly damage his targets, and it doesn't piss everyone off because I don't think people would enjoy being one shotted from far off ranges, especially because the areas they are fighting in are quite large, giving ample sniping opportunities all around. 2 shots also gives the target at least a small chance to make a difference in terms of survival.

Last edited by The noob; 2012-05-24 at 03:13 AM.
Old 2012-05-24, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I lol'd pretty hard at cloakers having a sniper rifle to begin with. I felt like it was a troll. The most fun sniping I had in PS1 was a sniper vs sniper duel that sometimes lasted for a long time.

And they said that the new 'class' system is balanced. LMFAO! What a joke.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-05-24 at 04:20 AM.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
roguy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
The most fun sniping I had in PS1 was a sniper vs sniper duel that sometimes lasted for a long time.
Wow, really?
Old 2012-05-24, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

I honestly couldn't even follow your train of thought in this post...what is it about?
Old 2012-05-24, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by The noob View Post
I'd say 2 shots is a fairly good medium. It rewards the sniper for making the shot by allowing him to severly damage his targets, and it doesn't piss everyone off because I don't think people would enjoy being one shotted from far off ranges, especially because the areas they are fighting in are quite large, giving ample sniping opportunities all around. 2 shots also gives the target at least a small chance to make a difference in terms of survival.
I'm reading in 2 shot kill if second is headshot? This will be rough.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by roguy View Post
Wow, really?
Countersniping was fun as hell.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Shlomoshun
Private

The correct answer to this thread is that the sniping should work approximately the same as it did in PS1. That was probably the best game I've played in terms of sniping being useful but not OP. With hitboxes breaks down like this:

Headshot = ~75% of health
Extremity = ~25% of health
Body = ~50% of health

Thus one headshot, and any other hit will kill. (2 shot kill)
OR
2 Body shots will kill (2 shot kill)
OR
1 Body shot and 2 Extremities will kill (3 shot kill)
OR
4 Extremities will kill. (4 shot kill)
Old 2012-05-24, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
*shot in face*
Sure hope no one shoots my foot or i'd die.....

apart from being absurd, it's a good idea :P
Old 2012-05-24, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
The correct answer to this thread is that the sniping should work approximately the same as it did in PS1. That was probably the best game I've played in terms of sniping being useful but not OP. With hitboxes breaks down like this:

Headshot = ~75% of health
Extremity = ~25% of health
Body = ~50% of health

OR
2 Body shots will kill (2 shot kill)
OR
1 Body shot and 2 Extremities will kill (3 shot kill)
OR
4 Extremities will kill. (4 shot kill)
Don't forget the one shot to take out the shield.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion