WDS is finally not ridiculous - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Did you use deodorant?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-10-22, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Re: WDS is finally not ridiculous

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
What contributes to winning these WDS things?
Is there a video that explains it all somewhere?
dunno bout vid, but: Official PS2 Forum post
Old 2013-10-22, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by kubacheski View Post
dunno bout vid, but: Official PS2 Forum post
Yeah thanks, did glance at this. Seems like such wide reaching impersonal goals to me. I've noticed some DWG miller outfit holding large outposts, farming all day on Indar. Seemed unusually keen to keep it, so I guessed they were just trying to boost VS score for WDS. TR randoms were running in there feeding the meat machine most of the day, largely at Crimson Bluff tower. But can organised effort really make a difference next to the natural ebb and flow of the war?
Old 2013-10-22, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
But can organised effort really make a difference next to the natural ebb and flow of the war?
Well I think thats the problem, there was no ebb and flow. There was just flow. Too much focus on exp grind which led to steamrolling around continents flipping bases and noone defended, cause holding a base did nothing for you but give a spawn point. It is an orchestrated effort to get people to defend the bases that they have.

Some would suggest that this is working, people are defending bases, but now noone is really moving around much. most just camping the highest populated continent cause that's where the "points" are earned and that's where the bodies are to shoot at.

From Malorn's post, they're going to put some points into Alerts so that people will continent hop on occasion and then the Alert cont will be the highest populated cont til the next alert.

An organized effort can make the flips on the bases where opposition has a foothold. But if you happen to be the faction with the preferred warpgate and have a big population, then you're getting more points, just defend and hold out against the seige as long as you can. Everyone complaining about WDS says the faction with North Indar WG wins. Everyone stays on Indar cause its the high population as the North Indar WG has easiest defense of most of the northern territores so the faction owning it has most of their people there defending. Simply put, its a numbers game.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion