New continet every month...what do you want to see the most?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Still waiting to see Hamma nudes...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-27, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
jamikey
Sergeant

New content every month...what do you want to see the most??

Will there be monthly patches every month? I know alot of Mmorpg have these monthly patches with new content every month, and I'm wondering if thats going to happen with PS? and if they do, what will the collest new continet you can think of ?MAybe in like 6 months or so they can introduce a new race like in earth and beyond (just an exapmle don't flame me)or something cool like that, then the game would stay fresh unlike other fps i think PS has alot of potentail with stuff like this..what do you guys think..

p.s Gee I hope this hasn't already been coverd

p.s.s:sorry about spelling content wrong

Last edited by jamikey; 2003-01-27 at 03:08 AM.
Old 2003-01-27, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sputty
Banned

I can't see a new continent every month or in patches at all. Most likely that'd be for expansions. I don't think they'll need to release new things like most MMOGs. Many, especially E&B which sucked after about a month, because this is a changing style of gameplay with fighting rather than jsut going around and killing some monsters repeatedly to level to get new weapons to get to fight a differnt monster, etc. so they'll probably have less dramatic patches because there probably won't be as much as a need. Probably they'd introduce some new vehicles and certs in some of later(after a few months) patches.
Old 2003-01-27, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
jamikey
Sergeant

new vehicle's and certs would be cool. Sput in your mind what would be the coolest thing possible? how about in like 4 months or so , when player start getting so advanced that they almost just can't advance anymore, they get a specail suit or something, you know so when they pass you by , everyone knows that guy is a bad mother f-er. Ill tell ya the trtuh im just afraid the game will get boring after so long. MAybe I'm just saying that because BF1942 is starting to bore the piss out of me and i thought I'd never get bored of that game..Guees it's time to buy "road to rome" .

On an after thought I was checking some sites and found a few pics of "pink " butt naked. She's got a kinda weird body don'tcha think????
Old 2003-01-27, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sputty
Banned

Firstly, about the Pink pic, it's probably photoshopped. I think the "coolest" thing that could happen is a new sizing system tht allows forming of platoons into larger groups. Also, outfits being able to claim territory as theirs. I'm getting less bored with BF1942 and more annoyed. TKers are more common and idiots who don't know what they're doing are everywhere. "MUST USE ARTILLERY AS IF IT WAS A TANK!!!! THEN I CAN KILL EVERYONE AND BE GOOD!!! I WON'T JUST KILL THE GUNNER WHO WAS DEFENDING TWO FLAGS AT ALL!!!"
Old 2003-01-27, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
jamikey
Sergeant

Yeah really, I always play on this certain server and it seems like a few dif peeps keep coming in and doing the same thing over and over again (shooting me down with aa even though were on the same team) but now i'm just getting plain bored of it, Running around on those maps over,and over,and over is just getting to me. Same thing happend with Mohaa ,and warcraft3. man I feel bad because i spent good dough on those and I never play them at all anymore, that goes triple with earth and beyond,Eq,andDaoc =(. What a waist of dough
Old 2003-01-27, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sputty
Banned

In E&B joining an outift made me play for 3 new days, the halloween thing made me come on for an hour and I played 3 weeks of it jsut when I got it and just recently my payment ended. What a waste... Also, any Japanese map in BF1942 is just bad. As long as no one plane camps I love Market Garden, well, any or the europe maps are good. Battle of the Bulge is nearly impossible to win in conquest though but it's still fun.
Old 2003-01-27, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
jamikey
Sergeant

Hey they should make a map called "hiroshima" and all you do is try to run out of the city before the bomb drops.j/k..lol
Old 2003-01-27, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ludio
First Sergeant

New aircraft in general (especially a bomber) would be nice. I think a common pool bomber, and then one or two empire specific aircraft would be a nice addition, but that might take a while.

It depends on what sniping is like, but maybe an advanced sniping cert that would allow you to get a better rifle, becuase only one rifle seems a bit low for an important role. Sniper rifles would actually be a good area for empire specific weaponry, and you could put it under the current cert (TR sniper rifle could have a clip for faster ROF for example).

Navies are another area which might be cool, but that would be a long ways in the future (1-2 years probably) if at all.

New implants should be pretty easy to come up.

All that stuff would be cool for extra content.
Old 2003-01-27, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

I would like to see new vehicles, and new forms of combat evolve. I doubt that we will ever see a new race (which would be lame imo). The devs have said they are looking into the navy thing and it is something they want to do - so we can probably count on that in the first six months. They also said they have strong support for GM events, which imo means they plan on screwing with us every month or so.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-27, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

A new race would be weird. Maybe a new empire that's just a new one I guess that's another brek away of an empire.. BTW
4 entries found for imo.
imo

Thar \Thar\, n. (Zo["o]l.) A goatlike animal (Capra Jemlaica) native of the Himalayas. It has small, flattened horns, curved directly backward. The hair of the neck, shoulders, and chest of the male is very long, reaching to the knees. Called also serow, and imo. [Written also thaar, and tahr.]
Old 2003-01-27, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

I dont know about monthly content - but I am sure they plan on adding plenty of new toys via patches.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-01-27, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sputty
Banned

Another great thing about a monthly fee.
Old 2003-01-27, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Hamma!!

*Squeeky points to status*

Hamma
Old 2003-01-27, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

???

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-27, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

Yeah...Wha?...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion