Have you had ONE minute of gameplay like this in PS2 yet? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is l337 in the Dictionary?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-26, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Have you had ONE minute of gameplay like this in PS2 yet?

While recording some Bad Company 2 gameplay footage in preparation for my gamer survey, I experienced the most exciting one minute of gameplay so far to date. It was almost like watching a scene from a Michael Bay movie.

My pulse was pounding when all was said and done. It was the perfect trifecta of visual effects, sound effects, and pure fun gameplay that I've experienced to date while playing a game.

While I've had some really fun moments during large battles in PS2, I can honestly say that none of my PS2 gameplay (or any other game for that matter) has even come close to what I experienced while playing a 4 year old game.

Have any of you experienced just as thrilling a minute of PS2 gameplay yet?

Last edited by omega four; 2013-04-26 at 09:59 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Have you had ONE minute of gameplay like this in PS2 yet?

Move this to the general gaming forum, please. Guy is just doing his best to discredit PS2 in any way he can. If he doesn't like the game he really should just move on.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Do you play infiltrator? If I'm trying to take a point, I experience this kind of exhilaration all the time.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Move this to the general gaming forum, please. Guy is just doing his best to discredit PS2 in any way he can. If he doesn't like the game he really should just move on.

Aye. Dude is just talkign about crap company all day.

Get off our lawn! :P

as for the topic: That looked quite booring and stupid to be fair. A few dudes drop in the most useless way, and even waste their helis just to get farmed.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

I have better runs than this on a daily basis in PS2. There is often much more going on and a lot more explosions... TBA that clip was very boring.

Here are 3 mins of much more excitement =)

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-04-26 at 10:04 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordicant
Sergeant

Yes. I had an hour of intense combat last night. Way more exciting than that. We held Scarred Mesa Skydock against hordes of TR. We must have destroyed at least 10 sunderers. It was raining mosquito parts.

Last edited by Mordicant; 2013-04-26 at 10:11 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Canaris
Contributor
General

Scarred Mesa dock on Indar during an alert when the NC want to take it with Gals loaded with troops and we TR ain't giving it up without copious amounts bloodshed, so yes I have

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-04-26, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

get out of here OP

stop making 2 threads a day for youtube links
Old 2013-04-26, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
Scarred Mesa dock on Indar during an alert when the NC want to take it with Gals loaded with troops and we TR ain't giving it up without copious amounts bloodshed, so yes I have
You're right. Actually, I've had some moments in PS2 while defending Scarred Mesa Skydock that have come very close to the BC2 experience I had.

The main difference though was the PS2 action in that instance was a little less "up close and personal" as we were repelling air attacks and sporadic infantry attacks via the jump pad platform.

I'll post that PS2 gameplay footage shortly.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Nice compilation video but it really doesn't count.

I'm talking about one CONSECUTIVE minute of gameplay action, not a 3 minutes of clips from different gameplay times cobbled together in a montage.

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post
I have better runs than this on a daily basis in PS2. There is often much more going on and a lot more explosions... TBA that clip was very boring.

PlanetSide 2 [WhatNow] - Poppin Tags - YouTube

Last edited by omega four; 2013-04-26 at 10:25 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

i don't really find shooting people stuck in the water to be terribly compelling gameplay

if fish in a barrel is your thing more power to you
Old 2013-04-26, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
Nice compilation video but it really doesn't count.

I'm talking about one CONSECUTIVE minute of gameplay action, not a 3 minutes of clips from different gameplay times cobbled together in a montage.
Meh, seen more action in PS2 in 1 minute than I have ever seen in BC/BC2/BF3 honestly. It all depends on where you are and if you know how to find battles. I've seen things that battlefield simply can't pull off due to player size restrictions and vehicle spawn limitations in battlefield.

If you really want to break down videos and games.. in BC2 the only reason that 1 minute clip is even possible is because of the fast HP regen in that game. Otherwise that person probably would have died shortly after his screen went deep red before regening back to full health mere seconds later. The player was an engineer.. no medic pack.. the in game regen saved his butt.. which is lame.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
i don't really find shooting people stuck in the water to be terribly compelling gameplay

if fish in a barrel is your thing more power to you
Almost said something about that too. Part of the vid is just shooting people that have no chance to retaliate.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-04-26 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post

PlanetSide 2 [WhatNow] - Poppin Tags - YouTube
I don't normally think much of montages, but this is an exception; an excellent selection showing a wide variety of action.

And whilst BFBC2 is a good game, it seems; well, very one dimensional when compared to PS2, even though PS2 still has issues.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
omega four
Staff Sergeant

I need to set the record straight. As I was the gamer in the video (recording BC2 gameplay footage for my surveys), I know a little about what you're saying firsthand.

* Regen in BC2 does NOT begin until you're no longer under fire for a period of 10 seconds. I was under fire during that clip segment.

* My health was regenerating quickly because nearby friendly medics dropped medpacks, which regenerate health MUCH faster than natural regen ever could. This is NO different than PS2 combat medics using their regen guns on you while you're injured. In fact, PS2 has MORE regen gimmicks by way of regen grenades and ressurection grenades, regen stim injections, etc than BC2 ever had.

* The enemy soldiers in that video WERE able to fire back and defend themselves as they were only waist deep in water. You cannot fire only if you're neck deep in water.

Lots of comments being made about the video in question without really understanding BC2 gameplay mechanics or paying close attention to what's going on in the video.

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Meh, seen more action in PS2 in 1 minute than I have ever seen in BC/BC2/BF3 honestly. It all depends on where you are and if you know how to find battles. I've seen things that battlefield simply can't pull off due to player size restrictions and vehicle spawn limitations in battlefield.

If you really want to break down videos and games.. in BC2 the only reason that 1 minute clip is even possible is because of the fast HP regen in that game. Otherwise that person probably would have died shortly after his screen went deep red before regening back to full health mere seconds later. The player was an engineer.. no medic pack.. the in game regen saved his butt.. which is lame.

Almost said something about that too. Part of the vid is just shooting people that have no chance to retaliate.

Last edited by omega four; 2013-04-26 at 10:58 AM.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by omega four View Post
I need to set the record straight. As I was the gamer in the video (recording BC2 gameplay footage for my surveys), I know a little about what you're saying firsthand.

* Regen in BC2 does NOT begin until you're no longer under fire for a period of 10 seconds. I was under fire during that clip segment.

* My health was regenerating because nearby friendly medics dropped medpacks, which regenerate health. This is NO different than PS2 combat medics using their regen guns on you while you're injured. In fact, PS2 has MORE regen gimmicks by way of regen grenades and ressurection grenades, regen stim injections, etc than BC2 ever had.

* The enemy soldiers in that video WERE able to fire back and defend themselves as they were only waist deep in water. You cannot fire only if you're neck deep in water.

Lots of comments being made about the video in question without really understanding BC2 gameplay mechanics or paying close attention to what's going on in the video.
I never said they couldn't fire. I don't consider fighting enemies in water to be much of a challenge as they don't have cover or mobility. It was quote obvious you were being shot at. But nice assumptions, I guess.

Anyway I don't understand the point of this thread. I'd be amazed if anyone who has played PS2 hasn't seen this much action in one minute.