I don't understand the map - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If cows could fight back, would you still eat bacon?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-09-09, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MacGoose
Private

Question I don't understand the map

Hi!

I first played PlanetSide when it was released a long time ago. And now I'm back to try it out again. The first thing I noticed that was changed was the map. And that's kinda frustrating since I really liked the old map. It had a good overview and it was easy to plan a route through the warpgates. Now the warpgate lines go everywhere and there are other warpgates where you can choose where you want to warp. It kinda ruins the old fun way of getting to a location if you can just warp to wherever you want.

I guess I can't get the old map back but I at least need to find out how the new map works. I can't seem to find a manual update about this, but if there is one, where do I find it? And if not, can anyone tell me how the new warpgates work where you can choose where to warp to? Can you like warp to any other warpgate or just these types of warpgates?

, MacGoose
Old 2007-09-09, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: I don't understand the map

There are still some warpgates that work in the old way, that is that they can only take you to one place. However, the new Broadcast Warpgates will take you to any other broadcast warpgate. That is about it, it's not too complicated once you get used to it.
Old 2007-09-11, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MacGoose
Private

Hehe. Thanx. Still don't like the new map though. Why the planets? It doesn't give any overview at all. Now I liked the old map with one view with all the continents and easy lines connecting the warpgates. Why fix something that doesn't need fixing? That was one update that downgraded the map in my opinion.

, MacGoose
Old 2007-09-11, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brigadier General

Misc Info

It is that way now because of the bending event that they had, where Auraxis blew up.
Old 2007-10-25, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
jakeataku
Private

"The Bending" was stupid. I don't care if you agree, but it was. The old map was far better because it actually MADE SENSE. How does a planet separate into different planets? Why does each new planet only have ONE continent that's shaped just like the old continent? How do caves work, that makes no sense? All in all, I miss the old dev team from, eh, 4 years ago.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion