Faction Interaction? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Visiting this site won't leave your mouse sticky.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-11, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ConsPark
Private

Faction Interaction?

Greets

Beyond pelting each other with all manner of futuristic weaponry, will factions be able to interact over regular chat channels as well? I haven't been able to find anything too definitive here, and I'm hoping PS2 doesn't go the way of WoW and others and prevent that interaction.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Faction Interaction?

In PS you can only communicate via personal tells with the enemy. I know this is planned for PS2. I have not heard anything in terms of a open broadcast channel for all empires to communicate to each other.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Surprise
Private

It would be nice to see an organized Germany/Russia taking over Poland situation.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ConsPark
Private

There's something I love about connecting and interacting with your opposition - for trash talk, bonding as fellow gamers, and all of that flowery jazz. It's unfortunate that won't be possible (at least on a 'large scale') in PS2.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MedicDude
Private

Probably won't be, the whole idea of PS1's factions was to be busy burying ammunition into the other 2.

I'd rather 'trash talk' be avoided, it really won't have a place in the epic scale of PS2, and would VERY often devolve into mic-spamming/screaming. Talk should be with your squad-mates, ex. "Yo, did you see that awesome kill with my cycler while I was only at 10 health?!?"
Old 2012-06-11, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
It would be nice to see an organized Germany/Russia taking over Poland situation.
Wait, what?

Are you on the wrong website, or did I miss something? :P
Old 2012-06-11, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Satch
Corporal

tbh I hope they leave inter-faction communication out of it. Perhaps allow /tells or whatnot. There are enough people in your own faction to chat to and being able to openly talk to the enemy really takes away some of the faction pride i feel. As much as id love to interact with the VS and TR as fellow gamers, THEY ARE SCUM AND MUST PAY THE IRON PRICE!!! :P
Old 2012-06-12, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Wait, what?

Are you on the wrong website, or did I miss something? :P
Correct me if I'm wrong. Translation: It'd be hilarious if two empires used comms to team up and beat the crap out of the third faction.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Grimshad
Private

In PS1 you could taunt the enemy using quick vocal commands and send them tells.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Translation: It'd be hilarious if two empires used comms to team up and beat the crap out of the third faction.
The devs have only really talked about how in PS2 if an enemy holds the majority of a continent they will technically be facing off with 2 enemies at once since the other 2 factions attack from 2 different sides, it naturally helps knock them back.

In PS1 there were many instances of 2 factions working against the other in organized and non organized ways.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

The majority of the trash talking would most likely be on forums, in the game you will be able to do /emote dance and other gestures over your enemys dead corpses. As well as character vocal calls.

Old 2012-06-14, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ConsPark View Post
There's something I love about connecting and interacting with your opposition - for trash talk, bonding as fellow gamers, and all of that flowery jazz. It's unfortunate that won't be possible (at least on a 'large scale') in PS2.
Well back in Planetside 1, sometimes you'll have some people from each empire put aside there differences and have just friendly duals, usally in places far away from where the main fighting was taking place at that time.
Not sure if it will still be possible in PS2 though.

Old 2012-06-14, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
jepaul
First Sergeant

Nothing motivates me as much as hating someone. I am all for any tools that allow that to prosper.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions