Gameplay: JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote is F.D.A approved.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-07-31, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sethsocrazy
Private

JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off)

So I don't know much about planes at all, but something that has been worrying me about the more "realistic" handling of the aircrafts in PS2 is that you might need to have a length of strip to take off from. While it doesn't bother me too much, the idea does make taking off and landing much less versatile.

I've seen in other games types of planes that switch flying modes and take off vertically, but I'm not sure how I feel about it since I think the idea is to stray away from the hover type of vehicles. I do like the idea of the difficulty of shooting down baddies while maintaining the forward motion. So here's what I think is a nice in between.

If you don't want to bother watching, it's called a "Jet Assisted Take Off," and the purpose of it is be able to launch into the air and land with minimal area to do so. I think this would make taking off and landing less complex. That and it looks fucking cool as hell.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off)

Do you really think that in the spacetravel future, there's no way to land and take off like that?

AFAIK a PS2 air vehicle is most likely to be like a BF chopper in means of controls.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault