Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Those complaining about no headshots will be stabbed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-15, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rolfski
Major

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

My observations so far. Many of them confirm my expectations but some came as a surprise:
  • Can't help it but I generally don't like the feel of the NC weapon arsenal, doesn't fit my play style I guess.
  • From all the carbines in the game I like the default VS Solstice most, followed by the TR LC3 Jaguar. These weapons seem for me to hit the sweet-spot between dps, controllability, accuracy and versatility.
  • For a mid to long range TR LMG I have a hard time to choose between TMG-50 (damage/accuracy) and T32 Bull (controllability), T16 Rhino didn't cut it for me in that role.
  • The high speed frame on the Prowler is surprisingly good, you got to love the increased acceleration and hill climbing.
  • For a main Prowler canon the HE is absolutely horrible in an anti armor role. The differences between Heat and AT canon are surprisingly small though, which makes Heat my preferred Prowler canon for now.
  • Maxed out Anchored mode on the Prowler increases the fire rate drastically, increased reload speed on the canons not so much.
  • For a secondary Prowler gun, the Vulcan absolutely rules in general versatility and damage. G30 Walker beats G40 Ranger as a dedicated anti-air gun, The Kobalt (only 100 certs) is a good poor man's AA gun. The Marauder is completely useless. Halbert is ok against hard targets only. The default Basilisk just kills too slow to be really effective against anything.
  • I'm still on the fence between Dogfighting and Hover airframe for the Mossy.
  • Slugs are surprisingly effective long range, giving the LA class a better long range capability.
  • From all the shotguns I like the semi auto's the most.
  • SMG's are better then I expected. I might end up actually using them on other classes besides the Infiltrator.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-03-15 at 09:29 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion