Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because Lashers suck
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-15, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post

Really?
I mean it might be a middle ground between the Scythe's air superiority maneuverability and the Reavers Ground Attack armoring, but you really think it's the best?
I wont comment about the Scyth - but if you are thinking the ground attack armor compensates for speed and agility then its hard to believe you are anything but a troll.

Indeed, I can never understand how the NC could whine so much on how our weapons are superior, unless they are all spray and pray noobs...

And ~99% of all NC stopped complaining when when the flinch code was normalized.
Go away troll.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
My observations so far. Many of them confirm my expectations but some came as a surprise:
  • Can't help it but I generally don't like the feel of the NC weapon arsenal, doesn't fit my play style I guess.
Can you explain why? Just curious. If you can go deeper than "doesn't fit my play style."

Originally Posted by Assist
Haven't gone through all the NC guns yet, but I just don't like the TR guns. Fire rate is nice and all, but for me the NC just seem superior. Being able to do damage at range is such a huge difference from playing VS.
Well in VR, they don't shot back or move. Plus when the flinch Mechanic was in place, it made any kind of range shot near impossible, because not only does flinch make your aim jump up, but then you have to add in the large recoil of the NC guns. Now without the flinch, it is a bit easier to shot at range, but we still have to compensate for the recoil on any high recoil gun, but compensator helps!

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-03-15 at 11:53 PM.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Chewy
Major

I learned just how deadly a dual Mercy MAX is and how fun those chain guns are. 70m away and still killing with full auto before half my mags are gone.

I also took the time to make 3 videos of a MAX weapon for each faction and how they do at range. NC Hacksaw, TR Mercy, and VS Cosmos. The Hacksaw SUCKED next to the rest in everything but TTK at 0m-10m (slugs included). Hell, I couldn't get past 20m with Hacksaws before needing a reload yet both the Mercy and Cosmos when to 70+m without reloads.

Telling indeed the VR room has been.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by BIGGByran View Post
Can you explain why? Just curious. If you can go deeper than "doesn't fit my play style."
Long story short:
NC weapons are generally more unforgiven, you have to make your bullets count more. Considering the chaotic character of this game, I generally prefer weapons with a bigger margin of error.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rothnang
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
- Such long splash ranges on most weapons, but splash hardly ever (if at all) hurts vehicles. So what's the point of having splash on AV weapons? To make them into makeshift AI weapons?
I really hate what they did to the Dalton. The Dalton used to be dead on balls accurate with a fast shell, great damage against vehicles and a 10 meter splash that could one shot infantry.

That was a bit overpowered, so they nerfed it to have a slow projectile that drops like a lead balloon and still has a 9 meter splash radius.

Absolutely awful change to the weapon. It now blows chunks for sniping tanks and Sunderers, which is the one thing it did better than the Zephyr in the first place, and is hardly any less overpowered against infantry. It's just a shadow of its former self now. Making the weapon less accurate but keeping its huge splash has made it MORE of an anti-infantry weapon and less of a good anti-vehicle weapon, since you need direct hits to do good damage to vehicles. That change just totally misses the mark of what it should be and creating clear and useful roles for weapons.

In VR Training area news, you can fit the Zephyr PX on the Liberator there, which looks like a smaller, stub nosed Zephyr. It works exactly like the regular Zephyr though, so while the model is in and usable, there doesn't seem to be any unique functionality to it just yet.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-03-16 at 02:35 AM.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
ringring
Contributor
General

We should have predicted that everyone would find the other's empires overpowered.
Old 2013-03-16, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Corvo
Corporal

- Comets on the VS MAX are actually kind of good! I think I would roll with an AV setup a lot more often if Pounders were more like Comets.
- I don't like any of NC carbines, especially the much praised GD-7F. The sight just wobbles around the target, can't hit shit with this gun. The Mercenary is surprisingly good though and just feels superior to the TR default.
- Gauss SAW is a beast! A gun that gets an advanced foregrip AND a compensator? Why don't we TR get anything like that in our arsenal? Plus it's an NC default weapon? WTF! I'm jealous, I wish I could put an adv. foregrip on a TMG-50. Or a compensator on a T16.
- On the brighter side, I didn't like the VS guns at all, not a single one of them.

Last edited by Corvo; 2013-03-16 at 06:45 AM.
Old 2013-03-16, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Figment
Lieutenant General

@Dragonskin also note how most of those miss. If you stand at the VR's vehicle side and aim for a little spawnee at a tree on the horizon, each well-aimed shot on target turns into a oneshot headshot with no drop that I noticed and otherwise two-three lazily aimed shots work too. Way too easy tbh and makes one wonder why one would use a rifle that requires a lot more shots and has far more irregular aim at that range, even if it's supposed to be the optimal range for that rifle over other rifles.

The clip and reload time alone isn't good enough compensation, since alpha damage and rate of fire often determines the outcome of fights. And there's little that can beat this.

Accuracy should be much lower at those ranges for shotguns to make them not the best choice in any situation.
Old 2013-03-16, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
- Gauss SAW is a beast! A gun that gets an advanced foregrip AND a compensator? Why don't we TR get anything like that in our arsenal? Plus it's an NC default weapon? WTF! I'm jealous, I wish I could put an adv. foregrip on a TMG-50. Or a compensator on a T16.

You havent realized that guns are balanced with he idea that you will have attachments on them?

Guns with no compensator have better recoil than similar guns with compensator for instance.

Its not that the attachments make all guns clones - but you can only compare balance when they are upgraded.
Old 2013-03-16, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Really?
I mean it might be a middle ground between the Scythe's air superiority maneuverability and the Reavers Ground Attack armoring, but you really think it's the best?
What armoring? The Reaver doesn't have any more armor/hp than the other 2 ESF.

I had hoped that VR training would debunk some of those myths...
Old 2013-03-16, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Koadster
Sergeant Major

[*]The high speed frame on the Prowler is surprisingly good, you got to love the increased acceleration and hill climbing.[*]For a main Prowler canon the HE is absolutely horrible in an anti armor role. The differences between Heat and AT canon are surprisingly small though, which makes Heat my preferred Prowler canon for now.[*]The Marauder is completely useless.
For land vehicles speeder frame is the only thing really worth getting.

I've been saying since release HEAT on mbt/lightning is the only way to go. HE was only a lil bit better at killing inf with a loss at AT role. AP was at a lose versus inf with no splash for minor buff to killing tanks.

Marauder is great.. its a high skill cap weapon though. Hit em hard and fast. Competent gunner with Marauder and max speed frame is deadly. I'll take it over HE for killing inf... but let's go with ur assumption so it doesn't become a FOTM weapon meaning no nerfs. So I can keep my great Marauder how it is.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-03-16 at 10:25 AM.
Old 2013-03-16, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Marauder is great.. its a high skill cap weapon though. Hit em hard and fast. Competent gunner with Marauder and max speed frame is deadly. I'll take it over HE for killing inf... but let's go with ur assumption so it doesn't become a FOTM weapon meaning no nerfs. So I can keep my great Marauder how it is.
That's exactly the problem of the Marauder; it kills infantry only and you need skill to have the arced shots land on target. Not exactly easy when you're on the move.

For the secondary on my Prowler I rather prefer a gun that's somewhat versatile (preferably against air and infantry ) and the Marauder just can't fulfill that role.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Kail
Staff Sergeant

- Comets on the VS MAX are actually kind of good! I think I would roll with an AV setup a lot more often if Pounders were more like Comets.
In my experience Comets are pretty good on stationary armor, quite good under 40m against infantry / MAXes, and frustrating any other time due to its super slow projectile speed.

I recently made an NC guy just to give another faction a go (I've been playing VS since the start). I was honestly shocked at how much fun the SAW is; after trying to hipfire once or twice (and missing the broadside of a barn) I realized you really need to ADS with it, but man, I love that gun.

I have a lot of SC sunk in to VS, and I still do like energy weapons from a sci-fi perspective, but damned if I'm a little torn on switching allegiances heh.

Edit:

Some things I've found:
  • Attachments on the Lasher seemed to make accuracy worse
  • Pump shotguns are ridonkulous
  • Slug ammunition can be ridonkulous
  • In the VR I seemed to have a way easier time SMGs that I remember in practice, even using targets near the end of the range. This makes me really want a section that has randomly moving targets, cause even though part of my brain says "yeah slug ammo against moving targets at range is way harder", the other part is saying "holy damn I OHK a guy with a shotgun at 50m"
  • I find flying a Reaver way easier than a Scythe for some reason. Might have to try TR sometime.

Last edited by Kail; 2013-03-16 at 01:13 PM.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Rothnang
Major

For the secondary on my Prowler I rather prefer a gun that's somewhat versatile (preferably against air and infantry ) and the Marauder just can't fulfill that role.
Basilisk. It isn't a bad gun just because it's default. In fact its one of the strongest guns in the game.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Basilisk and vulcan have same TTK a sunderer...
Unless you get faster reload speed for the vulcan, then it is a couple seconds faster.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion