More voice battle macros please! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheaper than daycare.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-07, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: More voice battle macros please!

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
It's two poor guys btw.. (i said sorry already!)
How about "Incoming inverted scythe! Aaarrrgghhhh..."
lol

I was playing over the weekend and one voice comm I'd love to see added sooner rather than later for vehicles that is deperatly needed I think is a simple variation of "STAND CLEAR!, Rolling out"

This is for all the poor sods who use vehicles for cover or those nice but sometimes naive Engineers who repairing your tank but position themselves right in your way of moving. This one could save live, heartache, abuse and that terrible feeling you get when you've pancaked a faction teammate.
You've been warned to to move away and what comes next ain't the drivers fault if you insist to stand under the wheels/tracks.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-07 at 03:33 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Fara
Corporal

Higby keeps wanting us to use our Mics and talk to everyone and be social. And that's great but some people are jerks others don't have mics and some... some people just want to watch the world burn and play Ice Cream van music all day. (One of the many reasons people use 3rd party voice coms and turn in game voip off)

There are infinite times where I see an enemy (lets say a MAX) for a moment and haul ass back around the corner to not die, well I didn't "Q" him so how do I warn my fellow soldiers around me? Instinctively I press VWM to no avail >.<

Yeah its low on the priority list and yeah you want us to use internal VOIP but I don't think voice macros should be categorized as only for players who speak different languages, its an invaluable tool which can supplement the VOIP system not replace it.

Please add these (when you get time), Also change the current V then a number to original PS1 letter mechanics, its so much easier and intuitive than pressing V then reaching way over to 8 for sorry (or whatever the number is).

Link has all the old macros if you still haven't seen them.
http://planetside.station.sony.com/h....vm?handle=6.8

Most desirable voice macros from PS1
V then V for Very Quick phrases (followed by letter below)

H - Hail (Salute, if nothing else this NEEDS to return... This <<<< VVH)

M - Move! (favorite macro for Locked down maxes)

V then W for Warnings (followed by letter below)

A - Incoming Aircraft!

C - Cloaked Enemy detected! (because you can't Q the little bugger)

M - Incoming MAX units

S - Warning! Sniper!

T - Incoming Troops

V - Incoming Vehicles

X - All Clear

Last edited by Fara; 2013-05-07 at 04:19 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
PredatorFour
Major

Telling people over voip is a great idea but as was mentioned above, it has some issues ( sound quality too)

The fact is telling someone to "Stand Clear!" which IS needed badly, is alot quicker pressing 2/3 keys than holding down the voip and explaining the situation to the friendly engy about to get rammed into oblivion by your tank.

On the EU servers especially, there's alot of people who understand basic english and more from continental europe (some can speak better than us english infact) but when you get regional accents involved (there are many) alot of people don't understand what you are saying! example; Me - " Maatee! there's a tank over yon hill, gunna gank us get out t'road!" Continental EU player - " wtf ? Repeat pleaase ?" BANG DEAD!

So a simple "Stand Clear!" is easy to understand between borders, quicker to deliver the messege and a prompt explanation of the unfolding situation.
Old 2013-05-07, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Shogun
Contributor
General

i feel like almost every problem with ps2 right now would not be a problem if the ps1 system had been used in the first place!

the old voice macro system was very intuitive and worked very well. you could shout out important things in milliseconds without having to read the menu every time to check what number stands for your desired call!

there was already a thread where the devs have asked us to tell them what voice macros we think we would need in ps2, but nothing from that thread was implemented. why?

and about higby who wants us to use the voicechat... this is a global game, and yesterday i was rolling with a french squad. i couldn´t read what they say, and i couldn´t understand a single word in voicechat. but a decent voice macro system would have helped a lot.
and there are a lot of people who simply don´t like to talk to others in the game or don´t have a mic. so those people have absolutely no chance to call out for special things fast.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-07, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Aye, its an MMO, and the EU servers have a lot of different languages. Voice Macros provide a minimum level of guaranteed understanding.

Besides a lot of people do not use the in-game VOIP, so it has failed IMO.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Crator
Major General

Is there a technical reason for not doing this? Why the silence from the devs about it?
Old 2013-05-07, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Shogun
Contributor
General

i guess it is just this mysterious fear of the devs for anything that worked good in ps1.

for i can´t think of any technical reason to not use the old system.

maybe it´s because of the casual bf crowd the devs seem to want to cater to. and having to press more than 2 buttons is considered to complicated for them?
you know, ps1 used a sequence of 3 keys. 1st bring up menu, second specify situation (need/warning-incoming/tactical order/misc), third specify object/unit.

that may be considered more than the casuals can handle. too many combinations possible.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-07, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post

Tribes: Ascension has tons of voice macros with all different types of voices and that system works awesome. People get pretty hilarious with them.

Player 1: "I AM THE GREATEST!"
Player 2: "No."
p1: "SHAZBOT! SHAZBOT! SHAZBOT!"
p2: "quiet!"
p1: "no."
p2: "yes."
p3: "QUIET! I'VE GOT YOUR NUMBERS, I'VE GOT ALL OF YOUR NUMBERS!"
p1: "no."
Old 2013-05-08, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Missing voice macros for even the most basic things is one of the reasons i don't log into this game anymore.

And when i then check into the forums to see what new things have been implemented, what do i see? No voice macros / proper empire communication, no supply / support gameplay, not even friggin' keybindings for loadouts and terminals or the changed lattice system.

Instead i see new hats, clothes and weapons. Oh, and a beach buggy. So seeya again in a few months i guess.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion