Term of Service (Annual) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where PlanetSide > Real Life
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-18, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Atheosim
Captain

Term of Service (Annual)

I believe many would feel somewhat slighted if they were to be denied the ability to flaunt their veterancy on their player avatars.

What do you think?

Last edited by Atheosim; 2012-07-18 at 04:28 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sephirex
Major

Re: Term of Service (Annual)

Bags mentioned in a thread he just posted that it sounded like there would be Veteran/Beta badges. Hopefully those will be visible, like they are in Blacklight.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Bags mentioned in a thread he just posted that it sounded like there would be Veteran/Beta badges. Hopefully those will be visible, like they are in Blacklight.
Exactly the reason why I created this thread. I wanted a gauge of how attached people are to the idea of having their achievements and veterancy attached visibly to their character.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
Exactly the reason why I created this thread. I wanted a gauge of how attached people are to the idea of having their achievements and veterancy attached visibly to their character.
tbhm I quote ilke watching the stats as a measure of activity, but I never look at the merits on individuals, myself nor other people.

In fact the only time I heard anyone mention them is when mimi shouted 'omg what is that pink one'? (it was a loser merit)
Old 2012-07-18, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

I think it would be cool in some form, sure. Maybe just a continuation of the merits.

Would I be turbo-pissed if it wasn't in game? Nah.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

I'm sure there will be some sort of award system like PS has. I don't know if anything will be carried over from PS to PS2 like people want though.
I never got my annual term of service for the last two years. Did they stop making them. I've been playing since may 2003.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
I'm sure there will be some sort of award system like PS has. I don't know if anything will be carried over from PS to PS2 like people want though.
I never got my annual term of service for the last two years. Did they stop making them. I've been playing since may 2003.
It's been confirmed that there will be a merit system in PS2, but what has yet to be confirmed, to my knowledge, is whether they will be able to be made visible upon your character avatar.

And yes, in PS1, the term of service awards stop at year 6.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

The devs have said in the past the they would be doing something to acknowledge the players who were veterans from the first game. If it's something a simple a merit I think most people would be happy. I just hope they don't go down the route of PS1's veteran reward system where veteran players were awarded the Heavy Scout Rifle and Scorpion for two years, the Dragon for three/four years (not sure on that one) and Free rexo for five years.

As much as I'd love having an advantage over newer players for playing the original for so many years, it just wouldn't be fair and it would penalize newer players for their play time. Not cool. Keep the rewards clearly cosmetic and there will be no riots.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-18, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

As a release-day vet...I don't care.

I'm pretty tired of all the wanking people do about vet status around here.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SleepyZombie
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
As a release-day vet...I don't care.

I'm pretty tired of all the wanking people do about vet status around here.
I am with this guy.... I don't need a badge to flaunt in game. It makes me think back to the pre order of SWTOR when there was the whole collector edition elitism going around, it was pretty silly.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Just hope they don't start handing out free combat benefits like in PS1 (free rexo, free flamethrower/scorpion).

Merits would be okay, wouldn't really care for it though (didn't care for any other merits in PS1 either, most too promoting of killwhoring over tactical play).

Think the best thing they could do would be to give one free (temp or perma) customization feature (player's choice within a certain range of options), and/or a short period of premium time. This would make players feel somewhat appreciated, plus learn about what the different monetization things could mean for them. (So yes, it would simply be a smart marketing ploy to trap you peons in purchasing cosmetics by positive reinforcement and of course to continue to play, but that's fine because the game needs to make money - WoT made millions through this sort of events).

As long as there's no combat advantages, not even in the form of free certs, given out.

([bitter irony]Oh noes, Figment critiqued PS1! A momentus daily event from a "bittervet" that will be ignored next time a reference to PS1 is made! [/bitter irony])
Old 2012-07-19, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Nemises
Sergeant

so...unimportant....
Old 2012-07-19, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

i think there should be like an in game inspection system. you type the players name and a window pops up with there badges and when they started playing and the player can opt in weather they want to show there stats or not.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

I kind of doubt with the cash shop rolling out in PS2 that they're going to give PS1 vets anything more than a cosmetic item, especially considering the gajillion PS1 vets they'd be coughing this free stuff over to.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion