My God. They've neutered the Crown. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There is no such thing as "friendly" fire.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

My God. They've neutered the Crown.

Anybody else notice that two of the cap points aren't even *on* the Crown anymore...? They're downhill, underneath one of two bridges that funnel traffic up to the top of the hill. It's no longer defensible. It's impossible. From being the scene of some of the greatest king-h*ll battles in Auraxian history it's been reduced to a ten-minute speedbump.

And here I thought we'd made such strides in getting the devs to understand how defensibility contributed to gameplay, what with all this talk of lessons learned and base redesign and WALLS and stuff. Why in Mother Terra's name was this done? They aren't going to *leave* it that way... are they?

/bursts into tears

(Yeah, I shamelessly copypasted this from the official forums. Yeah, I want to hear what the old school vets think about this. I'm still appalled. IMHO it's a big step bass-ackwards.)
Old 2013-05-30, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: My God. They've neutered the Crown.

As much as the Crown sucked players away from other areas, there where certainly some epic battles there.... I will miss them.

Having said that, Ive been part of other epic battles in places Ive never been too before... so to me, its all good
Old 2013-05-30, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

The Crown was kinda the exception here. The Crown is like a black hole and I guess they didn't want it to take up everyones time. People used to say that whomever held the Crown would lose the alert.
I'm fine with the Crown being easier for attackers to take, haven't really made had thoughts about whether or not it's too easy now.

It's not the only tower that was changed to not have a capture point inside the tower itself.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-30 at 07:55 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

I think you're blowing it a bit out of proportion.

Nothing is impossible to defend, given the right circumstances.

And isn't there a jump pad that takes you right to C anyway?
Old 2013-05-30, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OCNSethy
Major

Its is easier and quicker to take now. We held it for about 10 mins the other night and lost it just as quickly.
Old 2013-05-30, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
snafus
Sergeant Major

The crown has been dead for months, and thankfully so. Bio labs have been the go to farm palace that everyone can't seem to leave.

Old 2013-05-30, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
I think you're blowing it a bit out of proportion.

Nothing is impossible to defend, given the right circumstances.

And isn't there a jump pad that takes you right to C anyway?
I dont think so. The jump pad takes you to where C used to be.. nothing there now. Capture point B is the only one that hasnt been moved.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-05-30 at 07:59 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Binkley
Sergeant

Crimson Bluff is the new crown.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
As much as the Crown sucked players away from other areas, there where certainly some epic battles there.... I will miss them.

Having said that, Ive been part of other epic battles in places Ive never been too before... so to me, its all good
same here.... i haven't had a fight that had me shooting down at dumbasses climbing up the hill since..... well, it was for the best.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I think they should've put one of the external points on the north side by the solar arrays at the bottom of the footpath or even halfway up or so on the footpath. Both of them on the south side bridges makes it much to easy to capture now.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I do agree that the Crown was far too hard on the attackers, but the pendulum has swung too far and the place is now stupidly difficult to defend, and irritating; more so if they have now put C under the bridge!

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
I think they should've put one of the external points on the north side by the solar arrays at the bottom of the footpath or even halfway up or so on the footpath. Both of them on the south side bridges makes it much to easy to capture now.
Good idea; some kind of building next to the solar array would be a good call. There is a link to Ceres from the Crown after all.

And I really don't like points on bridges either; seems a bit of an illogical place to put them; and a bit lazy. How about B in a new building overlooking the east end of the TI Alloys bridge; would sort of make sense having a bunker guarding the bridge exit.

Edit - I do miss farming attackers at the Crown though #sob#. All for the best though; plenty of good fights elsewhere, and TI Alloys is unchanged; always was one of my favourites for some action.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-05-30 at 11:34 PM.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rolfski
Major

Although there were fun fights to be had, it's good that the Crown lost its monopoly on epic battles. It was bad for game flow and sucked out variety in the game play.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I liked fighting at the crown prior to the changes but that may be because I never looked at it as a base to really take but as a place to fuck around at. Rain or shine, day or night there was always someone to shoot there. Now...meh. It's just another base.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-31, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Crator
Major General

I actually played at The Crown yesterday (it had been a while). I liked the changes! And, my empire was defending and we actually took back all capture points successfully. We had TR on one side and VS on the other. I think our defense success came down to numbers in the end. We just had more there to defend it. It's better I think cause there isn't a really large and long stalemate that can happen. It didn't take us long to defend it (maybe 10 minutes or so).
Old 2013-05-31, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

It was terrible for battle flow and sucked up a disproportionate amount of resources of the faction that was defending it, I welcome the changes.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion