People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because you touch yourself at night.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-06, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?

Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Top comments in the reddit discussion so far for reasons not to be in an outfit:

1. People generally enjoy lonewolfing and bringing havoc to the enemy behind enemy lines.

2. Some don't like outfit politics, having 'leaders' and being forced to listen to their orders. The leaders sometimes take the game too seriously, which is annoying.

3. Others just don't want to join massive zerg outfits.

4. Some don't play enough to be willing to make the time commitment to an outfit.
Yup, those responses make a lot of sense.

The sort of outfit that actually offers things that can't be done solo by a competent player comes at a price many people including myself are not willing to pay. A lot of us just aren't interested in signing up to a all the obligations and demands placed on members of these outfits. Zerg or casual outfits offer nothing other than the ability to socialize, which depending on membership could be as much a curse as any benefit.

Add to this many of us have no problem being solo in either enjoyment or having an impact on the battle.

All that said I'm not anti outfit. I'd like to see the meta game have added depth so that coordinated strategy actually matters, which would greatly benefit organized outfits. I think for the better organized outfits that are also Faction orientated there's a leadership role to be taken as well. Way back on Emerald in PS1 I'd be solo 99% of the time, but I would also listen to the leaders of outfits like GOTR who were trying to organize the faction over chat. Didn't mean I'd go along with everything they said, but for the most part I did, and would adapt what I was doing as solo player to their broad instructions.

Last edited by Helwyr; 2013-03-06 at 07:16 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion