Looking for Charter Members of new PS2 outfit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I think I left the keys in the Harrasser again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2012-10-02, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TooFresh
Private

Looking for Charter Members of new PS2 outfit

Hey everyone, I am currently looking for players who are interested in starting a new outfit devoted to Planetside 2. The idea is that there are a lot of multiple game clans and Planetside 1 outfits moving to this game and I'd like to create one devoted to and made up of Planetside 2 players. This outfit would be Terran Republic and located in NA Servers (I live in Central Time so I'm open to East or West). I have some really good names for the outfit, but instead of setting it myself I want the charter members to decide on what they like more. I have a vision for this outfit, but at the same time I want charter members to know that they have an impact in the future of this outfit and when it grows they will be at the top ranks. With the impending character wipe, I'd like to get a list of people who would be interested in starting this outfit with me so we can all play on the new server and together from BR 1.

About me in Planetside 2:

I am a planetside 1 veteran and planetside 2 player since day 2 of tech test. In planetside 1, I led my own small outfit of around 20 to 60 players. Small I know, but give me a break I was in 8th grade at the time. Now in planetside 2 beta I have been regularly leading pick up squads and even in some cases leading other outfit's platoons (don't think they realised I wasn't on their roster). I feel my enjoyment has stagnated and no matter how many people I add to friends (also because friends list is cleared every character wipe) I haven't found a good group of people to play with on a regular basis. I've looked into a few outfits and been recruited by a couple more, but I haven't gotten "that warm fuzzy feeling" from anything I've come across (probably hard to get past feeling like another face in the crowd). In the end of the day what I enjoy is leading squads and platoons and I get a lot of pleasure from seeing the map turn red after a play session.

Some Goals of this outfit:

Because this outfit is made specifically for Planetside 2 I'd like it to be a good test for what tools are needed in game for all outfits to efficiently run and manage their members and voice comms without all the third party software and websites. Outfit Forums and Teamspeak servers are great and we will get those eventually if needed, but I'd like to work to make all of these tools built into the game in order to make it a complete product. Worst case scenario I have a large Ventrilo server and a clan forums available to use.

The Focus of this outfit:

Primarily what I would like the outfit to focus on is Infantry and Ground Troop Transport. The idea is that this outfit would operate like Shock Troopers. We convoy prowlers and Sunderers filled with troops, break through the frontlines, and unload at a valuable target. Depending on what people want or our server needs we could expand or change the focus, but for the time being this is something I'd like to see this outfit focus on. In the long run I want to have good relations with all the TR outfits on our server and work to gain respect on our server so if another outfit needs troop reinforcement or a prowler column to clear a blockade, they can call on us and know we will get the job done.

The Organization of this outfit:

Ideally in the next few weeks I want start with one consistent squad going and work up to a full platoon for operations. The outfit would be organized in set squad rosters for operations so that everyone has experience with their squad mates and trusts them in combat situations. The idea is that every squad will be a self-contained unit and will be diversified by role in order to allow them to work independently as well as together with the outfit. Ideally I'd like tanks and sunderers to have the same consistent crews so they can develop camaraderie and a friendship with each other. Set squad rosters helps build trust and teamwork as well as guarantee that when the large scale operations happen you will be playing with people you like. There will be a hierarchy of squads with one squad roster set as our "best of the best" members and as recruits improve in skill and Battle Rank there will be chances for promotion.

The kinds of players that would like this outfit:

It doesn't matter if you play other FPS games or Planetside 1. This is a outfit for people who want to play Planetside 2 in a organized and fun manner. Players with a knack for tactics and leadership would enjoy this outfit because they get a chance to come in on the ground floor and be a leader. Players that are tired of pressing F11 in game only to be placed in a squad that doesn't communicate or stick together would enjoy this outfit because we value teamwork and coordination. Players that can appreciate focusing strategic outposts instead of fighting at the Crown for 4 hours and losing all our territory would enjoy this outfit. Players that want to experience the "epic" feeling Planetside 2 has to offer. Those that see the Prowler and Sunderer convoys or Galaxy squadrons and think "I wish I was a part of that" are the kind of people that would enjoy this outfit.

So please if this sounds like something you would be interested in, reply to this thread or send me your contact info and together we can begin discussing the future of this outfit.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic